Unofficial Preview Round 1, 2024: Bombers v Hawks, MCG 1:10pm Sat 16th March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the Duke rests forward if Setterfield is applying a hard tag, he can take the ball-ups and then push forward. He'll have Setterfield beat in the air and could throw off their plan.

Though if there's no Worpel and no Day then we'd be running an inexperienced midfield. Time for Nash, Ward, Mackenzie and hopefully Hustwaite to shine.
I wouldn't do anything different, moving Newcombe off the ball makes us weaker. Much rather have an Essendon player in their midfield that doesn't want the ball as they'll be playing a man down. I can't see Setterfield bothering Newcombe much at all to be honest.

Chol copped a stinger in the first of the practice matches against the Bulldogs.
Lewis had some work on his hip on Saturday and ran laps, while Worpel had his calf/hammy looked at during Saturday training.
Great no doubt the Hsun will headline this in next few days if they are lurking on here

I hope the Duke rests forward if Setterfield is applying a hard tag, he can take the ball-ups and then push forward. He'll have Setterfield beat in the air and could throw off their plan.

Though if there's no Worpel and no Day then we'd be running an inexperienced midfield. Time for Nash, Ward, Mackenzie and hopefully Hustwaite to shine.

I remember when Nuke copped a heavy tag against the Saints in 2022.

Windhager did a good job on him in the middle but Newk killed him playing on the HFF.

He's a great overhead mark and will have Setterfield beat for pace, especially the first few steps.

Windhager did a good job on him in the middle but Newk killed him playing on the HFF.

He's a great overhead mark and will have Setterfield beat for pace, especially the first few steps.
That was the game where he kicked two from recollection and showed his ability to hit the scoreboard if he was being tagged out of the game.

That was the game where he kicked two from recollection and showed his ability to hit the scoreboard if he was being tagged out of the game.

That was the game when I couldn't help but see him as a Riccuito regen.

Big barrel chest, strong overhead, power through the hips and a booming kick.

That was the game when I couldn't help but see him as a Riccuito regen.

Big barrel chest, strong overhead, power through the hips and a booming kick.
If we didn't need him so much in the middle it would be great to rotate him across half forward a bit more.

Midfielders who can go forward and kick a goal a game are the most valuable commodity going (Petracca, Dusty, Bont etc).

But right now we lose too much when he isn't in the guts, hopefully that changes in the next year or two.

Yep, Frost and Phillips both play, scrimshaw on bench
Hardwick may go back if needed, but will start forward (imo)
Jeez, the rest of the bench is hard. Moore, Worpel, Gunston, Hustwait to sub??
Watson stiff, I’d have him in for Morrison, but Morrison will play.
Ward? How does he miss? Good problems I suppose.
Late change or some Tom Foolery going on?

And he can launch missiles from 50. Distance isn't much of an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Hardwick Phillips Scrimshaw
Hb: Amon Sicily McKenzie
C: Ward Newcombe Weddle
Hf: Gunston Lewis Moore
F: Ginnivan Chol Watson
R: Reeves Nash McDonald
Int: D"Ambrosio Breust Worpel Impey
Sub: Hustwaite

This is it I reckon, but you just know Frost will play and Morrison isn’t far off either

Yep and they have been rotting from the inside out with dodoro at the helm for years. What other club would keep a list manager on for that long without winning a final for 20 years

It's going to take something special to replace that bozo with a talent that is equal. Fortunately, if anyone can......

Also, there are still plenty of GA seats available on Ticketek. Maybe the game is getting so popular, though, that you'll be sitting in the nosebleed section if you turn up near game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back