Game Day Round 1, 2024 : West Coast v Port Adelaide - 1.00pm Sun 17/3 @ Adelaide Oval (A new era begins)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that Jones is on the bench/sub due to preseason interruptions and isn’t behind plodders in the team due to credits in the bank. The guy was one of our most damaging players last year before getting injured and is a fantastic runner.

Our defence will leak, Witherden, Cole and Duggan as a collective will just get beaten too often, looking forward to seeing the progression of Hough though.

Really looking for progression of youth to push out our middle to aging players this year, would love to see Culley Burgiel and hall force their way into the ones and see our aging players support the progression of our youth in the scooby-doos.

1. Under 60 point loss
  2. Four quarter effort
  3. Reid 20 touches and a goal
  4. No injuries
  5. Just general improvement
I'm a fairly simple man, I don't need much in life to be happy, the above or better occurring will suit me fine. It's no secret we're a rebuilding team but the change in attitude needs to happen round one. An absolute belting will be a disaster.

1. Under 60 point loss
  2. Four quarter effort
  3. Reid 20 touches and a goal
  4. No injuries
  5. Just general improvement
I'm a fairly simple man, I don't need much in life to be happy, the above or better occurring will suit me fine. It's no secret we're a rebuilding team but the change in attitude needs to happen round one. An absolute belting will be a disaster.
We will build during the year as Hewett, Basso etc become available. It is about attitude and willingness to move the ball this early. would like to see forwards leading.

We will build during the year as Hewett, Basso etc become available. It is about attitude and willingness to move the ball this early. would like to see forwards leading.

Improved effort, yes.

Get rid of Petrucelle and gaff ffs unless the club is desperate with injuries
season 13 episode 3 GIF

Hard to be positive to be honest. We have some talented kids but they won't be at their best for at least 3 to 4 years. Our champs are at the other end of their career and are very injury prone. Stating the obvious and I hope we surprise but I find it hard to see where we win 1 game ? Maybe a Hawthorn, North , Richmond ? Sorry for the Debbie Downer .

Hard to be positive to be honest. We have some talented kids but they won't be at their best for at least 3 to 4 years. Our champs are at the other end of their career and are very injury prone. Stating the obvious and I hope we surprise but I find it hard to see where we win 1 game ? Maybe a Hawthorn, North , Richmond ? Sorry for the Debbie Downer .
Strong user name to post content correlation.

Using wins as your focus metric this year is not the best choice. We aren’t winning the 2024 flag. So park that. Sure celebrate when we do get up, but what we should be cheering on is the effort. There will be plenty of fun things, I mean sheesh we have an absolute stud No.1 pick debuting this week, get around it. When Longy kicks 4 one week, big up the kid.

I know I’m an Eagles lifer, and I can see the young talent. Happy the list is more turned over now too. I’d rather show some genuine appreciation for the youth and their efforts now so by the time they are humming they’ve felt the love for some time. IMO better than being a five year old that only starts jumping back on once we are winning plenty

There's been a lot of discussion about Duggan over the years, did he ever really become
a standout player, or meet people's expectations? His disposal was often shonky (the bomber) and composure under pressure not always flash.

After watching the interview between him and Allen, bit of a mini love-fest, portrayed as the strong silent type, leads by example, it makes sense to have a co-capo down back and one up front - We know what we'll get from Oscar, but I wonder how the new leadership role will influence Duggan's play?

Obviously it doesn't improve his skills. He's mentioned how inspiring it is to have lots of youth around, a new vibe and energy. Touted to play more midfield alternating with Reid, will he lift and become the Duggo people once hoped for?
Or will he still be around the same level as before. We certainly need another mature body in the mid making good decisions and effective clearances, is Duggo our man, or just Duggo?
Curious to watch his progress through this season...

Last edited:
There's been a lot of discussion about Duggan over the years, did he ever really become
a standout player, or meet people's expectations? His disposal was often shonky (the bomber) and composure under pressure not always flash.

After watching the interview between him and Allen, bit of a mini love-fest, portrayed as the strong silent type, leads by example, it makes sense to have a co-capo down back and one up front - We know what we'll get from Oscar, but I wonder how the new leadership role will influence Duggan's play?

Obviously it doesn't improve his skills. He's mentioned how inspiring it is to have lots of youth around, a new vibe and energy. Touted to play more midfield alternating with Reid, will he lift and become the Duggo people once hoped for?
Or will he still be around the level as before. We certainly need another mature body in the mid making good decisions and effective clearances, is Duggo our man, or just Duggo?
Curious to watch his progress through this season...

His knee has been pretty cooked for a while now so he's probably hit his ceiling, would love to see him grow in confidence in the role though!

Using wins as your focus metric this year is not the best choice. We aren’t winning the 2024 flag. So park that. Sure celebrate when we do get up, but what we should be cheering on is the effort. There will be plenty of fun things, I mean sheesh we have an absolute stud No.1 pick debuting this week, get around it. When Longy kicks 4 one week, big up the kid.

I know I’m an Eagles lifer, and I can see the young talent. Happy the list is more turned over now too. I’d rather show some genuine appreciation for the youth and their efforts now so by the time they are humming they’ve felt the love for some time. IMO better than being a five year old that only starts jumping back on once we are winning plenty
I've been with the team since inception, was mates with an original Eagle and played against another in the early days. I am only stating how I see the team atm. Exciting future but it is hard to be enthusiastic for this year, but yeah, go well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be getting reports from the airport soon, hopefully.

I assume Dewar won’t play since they’ve told Brockman and Reid what number Eagles they will be. I’m also assuming Jones will be left out, though he might travel.

Think it comes down to Jamieson vs Waterman as the backup ruck, and if it’s Jamieson it comes down to Waterman vs Maric for the final spot. Then it probably comes down to Edwards v Chesser for the sub, unless they think Brockman should be sub given his lack of recent gametime.

I've been with the team since inception, was mates with an original Eagle and played against another in the early days. I am only stating how I see the team atm. Exciting future but it is hard to be enthusiastic for this year, but yeah, go well.

Don’t mind that tbh 🙌🏻 I agree on the face it’s not going to be a year the ladder brings much joy, but let’s pump up the young fellas as there’s now 22 under 22 listed. Carn you Eagles

Should be getting reports from the airport soon, hopefully.

I assume Dewar won’t play since they’ve told Brockman and Reid what number Eagles they will be. I’m also assuming Jones will be left out, though he might travel.

Think it comes down to Jamieson vs Waterman as the backup ruck, and if it’s Jamieson it comes down to Waterman vs Maric for the final spot. Then it probably comes down to Edwards v Chesser for the sub, unless they think Brockman should be sub given his lack of recent gametime.
Waterman named on field. 100% playing.

Mitchell Woodcock

@Mitch_Woodcock
·
1m

Replying to
@Mitch_Woodcock
No Ryan Maric or Jamaine Jones.

Plenty of us been on since the beginning, but I've always enjoyed watching the new players come on, evolve and turn into champs.
Lots to look fwd to IMO.

I’d go chess, jamo, ginbey and brockmen bench

Edwards sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back