Autopsy Round 1 v Richmond - Blues go down by 43

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might need to have another look at it.
It was a close call and I was unconvinced until a second angle was shown on the big screen, but he just gets it. My litmus test in such situations is, 'would I be calling that a mark if it was one of our boys?' Yeah, I would.

I think we might see Sheehan in the mix soon - played well in the VFL practice match. Byrne and Sheehan down back could make a big difference.
Byrne very speedy,runs with the ball,creative in space...lock
Hope sheehan can regain a spot and maintain it ?,i guess he would have had exposure to the game in his time off as well so maybe is wiser to Afl by now..still an unknow quanity.lets hope he is fit and injury free then

Agree the Martin's rag dolling of Casboult was ridiculous and he's reaction unacceptable. He must be at least 30Kgs and 10 cm taller. He should have sat Martin on his bum.
It was a necessary thing to do for team.
Possibly unlikely...hence he didnt.
I would like to see more mongrel from us.....not just get by and collect the pay check on the way out the door.
Jack knows what i am talking about.

Didn't realise that.
Still think we'll go after him.
Will be a tough midfield to break into.
He's definitely best 22 for them. But I agree that it would be a great get for us - would need to convince him that coming to a young rebuilding club is a better career choice than being involved in a team who's 'premiership clock' has just ticked over to 12.

It was a close call and I was unconvinced until a second angle was shown on the big screen, but he just gets it. My litmus test in such situations is, 'would I be calling that a mark if it was one of our boys?' Yeah, I would.
Its as much a mark as SOSOS' was. Just a pity that Cotchin's was paid while Jack's wasn't. Classic 50/50 calls.

I'm really a big fan of Pickett already. The guy has incredible skills, looks to have a good footy brain and looks a team player.

Really looking forward to watching his development, he has such a high ceiling.

He's definitely best 22 for them. But I agree that it would be a great get for us - would need to convince him that coming to a young rebuilding club is a better career choice than being involved in a team who's 'premiership clock' has just ticked over to 12.
the clock will be stuck on midnight for about 10 years at GWS, they could rake in about 5 flags I reckon. All for the good of the competition, of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I'll say on the matter is that if it was Cyril Rioli and not Jack Silvagni, the mark would have been paid and the commentary box window would have been coated with a substantial layer of jizz.

There'd be enough from Bruce McAvaney alone to keep the Sperm Bank stocked for years.

I was annoyed last night with our turnovers and the fact that Richmond beat us by 7 goals, but I have to keep reminding myself we're still in a rebuild mode and it's going to take time. Plenty to get excited about last night.
Plus we weren't there to witness a lot of crap footy.

Gold coast vs GWs too
GC went with much more yuoth GWS built in senior leaders with their kids.

All the teams that have stayed up higher have done so with rebuilds with older bodies, geelong is another that comes to mind.
GWS always had more junior talent than the Gold Coast; I think they had more concessions given to them and certainly hit better draft years when they were forming their list. I'm not necessarily arguing against the 'easing the kids in' method but I am arguing against compromising the list with too many senior players that we know won't be there when we are challenging.

I'm really a big fan of Pickett already. The guy has incredible skills, looks to have a good footy brain and looks a team player.

Really looking forward to watching his development, he has such a high ceiling.
Gotta love the confidence to take off like he did. Lit the afterburners up but the response wasn't quite there. Tank will come.

Absolutely HBF:-

Weitering :heavycheck:
Marchbank :heavycheck:
SPS :heavycheck:
SonOfJo :heavycheck:
Pickett :heavycheck:
Plowman :heavycheck:

Nice core of youngsters.
Can't believe Doc is only 23.

SPS 18
Macreadie 18
Silvagni 19