Best 22 looking like
B: Smith, Grundy, Lloyd
HB: Jones, Rampe, Mills,
C: Cunningham, Heeney, Hanners
HF: Rohan, Buddy, Hayward
F: Ronke, McCartin, Sataris
R: Sinclair, Parker, Kennedy

Int: Florent, Papley, Hewett, McVeigh

Between Buddy, Ronke, Hayward & Sataris we've got about 16 goals a game right there!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Aliir did make the 22 this week after hearing that the Brisbane forward line was quite tall.

I wouldn't be surprised if Aliir did make the 22 this week after hearing that the Brisbane forward line was quite tall.
Clarkson in his post match conference said that the Hawks struggled with Lions height. It didn’t help that the ball was coming in so quickly. If we stop the quick supply we should be able to handle their height advantage.

Clarkson in his post match conference said that the Hawks struggled with Lions height. It didn’t help that the ball was coming in so quickly. If we stop the quick supply we should be able to handle their height advantage.
Thanks Olian, I didn't hear his conference...can't stand the sook. Must admit that I didn't hear all of the report on their height either.

They have lots of quick players who can supply the ball

taylor, zorko, beams (who actually took 3 contested marks in about a 2 minute period on the weekend because both sides kept kicking it to his one one one contest) rich (who isnt quick but can kick it twice as far as the average small), christensen cameron

They played really well on the weekend and we'd do well to win by more than 12 points. I would take a single point win frankly. I regard this match as a genuine contest - and thats the first time in a while I've said that about Brisbane

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That'd be perfect, thanks!

Best 22 looking like
B: Smith, Grundy, Lloyd
HB: Jones, Rampe, Mills,
C: Cunningham, Heeney, Hanners
HF: Rohan, Buddy, Hayward
F: Ronke, McCartin, Sataris
R: Sinclair, Parker, Kennedy

Int: Florent, Papley, Hewett, McVeigh

Between Buddy, Ronke, Hayward & Sataris we've got about 16 goals a game right there!!!!
Sataris kicked 12 in his dreams last night. If he can replicate that on the field, hello percentage increase!!

Brisbane are very, very talented and would be feeling great about themselves atm; they are no pushovers. Although we certainly should win, I'll take a win by any margin and be content to bank it.
Definite danger game for mine. They really put the Hawks to the sword once they got their confidence up.

The good news is that even though we had a training drill on the weekend against the Dockers, Brisbane probably spent a lot more proverbial gas in not only getting up over the Hawks but then thrashing them to the final siren. We have to treat these next few weeks not as a percentage builder or as should-win games, but rather a launching platform for the rest of our season. I'm getting early 2012 vibes from the start of this season - we're getting up over some quality teams we just have to start putting together solid games on a weekly basis. No better time than against young sides who are all under the pump.

Ps. at this stage in 2012, we were 6-3 and under everyone's radar. Sound familiar?;)

A nice bag of 6 + for buddy will do just nicely
Buddy might not have it all his way this week as Brisbane's Harris Andrews seems a natural opponent for him. Taller, quicker and fitter than Buddy and similar weight. Hopefully the old fox still has a few tricks given there's a 10 year gap in age and 210 games extra experience. Meanwhile our defence could be sorely tested against their tall forward line* if our mids can't get on top. Zorko and Beams are in pretty good form. Hewett to run with Beams, Jack to Zorko. Franklin to keep the defenders busy while Tommy boy feeds the small forwards. Tough game. Brisbane is a team that could really win some games on the back of a bit of confidence. Thrashing Hawthorn, is there any better feeling ? Lucky bastards.

*Cue the cries for Aliir

I watched Brisbane against Hawthorn it was a team with no expectation of winning they just went through the corridor playing no fear football.

If we allow them that space they will trouble us.
Yes and possibly Hawks thought that it would be a walk in the park. These days dosent matter the the opponent,you have to mentally switch on,and realise that every team you play is capable of winning,despite their ladder position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back