Autopsy Round 10, 2024: Hawks get pipped by Power

Remove this Banner Ad

D’Ambrosio’s handball hits Amon on the full we win. Amon still needed to put boot to ball quicker. We did everything wrong in that last 45 seconds. Heartbreaking loss after playing so well for almost 3 quarters.

Still waiting for this press conference to pop up.

That last centre set up/play beggars belief. Legit couldn't have done worse if they tried.
Those 45 seconds are as unlucky as they are bad. Unbelievable.

D’Ambrosio’s handball hits Amon on the full we win. Amon still needed to put boot to ball quicker. We did everything wrong in that last 45 seconds. Heartbreaking loss after playing so well for almost 3 quarters.

Amon had to just take the hit and the tackle.

Young players make mistakes, young coaches do the same.
I’m sure if Mitch had his time over he’d do that last quarter differently. We will learn as a group, but man that one stings.

Injuries - they had star players out too, let’s not kid ourselves.

Umpiring - we had the better of it in the first half. Let’s not kid ourselves.

Loved the look of Phillips.

Breust, freshest on the ground but looked the slowest. Love him but he either struggles to adjust to the pace coming on or it’s time.

The Wiz is going to be a champion of the club, love everything he brings but he looks stressed with ball in hand. Let him go back and beat up on some VFL players to get his confidence back. O’Sullivan looks a player let’s see what he’s got.

We are going to be a good side but heck that hurt today.

I agreed with all said here. Good observations.

Philips impressive debut. Looks very assured.

Punky we can all see that he is struggling with the pace of the game now. Been a champ for the club but he will now himself it is time to pass the baton over to the younger brigade.

Wiz does worry me, he so often goes down with the ball or makes a poor decision. I do think he needs some time in the VFL to let him settle down. Its not easy come into an AFL side at a young age and a high draft pick and so many expectations. Give him time and he will get better.

Yep, today was like a punch in the guts and nuts at the same time, but we need to learn from it, get smarter and stronger and then we can become a force to be reckoned with

I agreed with all said here. Good observations.

Philips impressive debut. Looks very assured.

Punky we can all see that he is struggling with the pace of the game now. Been a champ for the club but he will now himself it is time to pass the baton over to the younger brigade.

Wiz does worry me, he so often goes down with the ball or makes a poor decision. I do think he needs some time in the VFL to let him settle down. Its not easy come into an AFL side at a young age and a high draft pick and so many expectations. Give him time and he will get better.

Yep, today was like a punch in the guts and nuts at the same time, but we need to learn from it, get smarter and stronger and then we can become a force to be reckoned with
I think there has to be an added pressure where you are not only one of the shortest top 5 picks but you also carry the label of the Wizard. He is a gun footballer, you can see elite qualities, I just think he is in his own head.
Hopefully the coaching staff can help him through it. I still think we took the right player in that draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to see the decline of Bruest, fresh legs and just looked so far off the pace. Serong was also a dear in headlights, he’s not ready yet.
Yeah recon when our captain comes back Phillips looked the better player today, which I had my doubts about.
Good on him thought he gave Finlayson a bath today.

I'm replying to hysterical posters just chilling after an epic capitulation. The good lie down is all on the other side of this screen
Am I getting confuse or are you the one that called this a 60 point loss and a wake up call in the pre game?

Only tuned in until the start of the last term before heading out to dinner, but maybe just as well I missed it!

As heartbreaking as a 1 point loss is, I’m not too fussed to be honest. We controlled the majority of the game, against a decent outfit, away from home, with some key outs. The fact we’ve outclassed better sides ever since the Sydney match is a massive plus. Plenty of lessons to be learnt from a ‘one that got away’ scenario.

There was a lot of pessimism going around about the future of our list after that Sydney match, but I’m more than confident that we’re headed in the right direction.

We go again next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back