Autopsy Round 10, 2024: Hawks get pipped by Power

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure.

It's a perfect example of chaos theory in action...can you be sure that any miniscule, unnoticeable change in conditions in those 19 seconds would not have rendered any sort of change in the resultant kick, 19 seconds after a hypothetical previous kick?

Interesting philosophical discussion.

I tend to think it's one of those infinite sliding-doors moments. We will never know the infinite other outcomes that may have been if circumstances were only a tiny fraction of a fraction different.
There’s no butterfly effect or alternative event speculation involved here. The game clock isn’t visible to the players on the field so wouldn’t have a material effect on anything. The siren simply sounds 19 seconds earlier than it did.

There’s no butterfly effect or alternative event speculation involved here. The game clock isn’t visible to the players on the field so wouldn’t have a material effect on anything. The siren simply sounds 19 seconds earlier than it did.
There's always butterfly effect.

Quite simply, there's no way we can be sure the exact same thing would have happened, just 19 seconds earlier.

In fact, i would go so far as be certain they wouldn't.

Seeing as the sting is slightly out of this loss...

BT is a ****ing swine, the shit he was spewing in the game on ginnevan and then in the completely next breathe for JHF, it is pathetic and makes him a genuine stain. Made me sick listening to it.

Thought the free's were halerious though, we earned ours in the first and they gave away some poor ones and you could just see the square ups coming with your eyes closed. Can't umpire us to fairly we might win 3 in a row :tearsofjoy:

I hate port and their two headed fans :tearsofjoy:

But the timekeepers control the game, not the tv coverage? Seen this before…
The AFL were correct it wasn't really a timekeeping issue, it was an umpire stuffing up not calling time on

BT is a ******* swine, the s**t he was spewing in the game on ginnevan and then in the completely next breathe for JHF, it is pathetic and makes him a genuine stain. Made me sick listening to it.

Thought the free's were halerious though, we earned ours in the first and they gave away some poor ones and you could just see the square ups coming with your eyes closed. Can't umpire us to fairly we might win 3 in a row :tearsofjoy:

What David go to do with giving out laughable frees?

Yeah in court of law we’d have a hard time arguing it you could put it that way.
yeah, no chance of getting result overturned. However we could have a case vs the umpire for failing to signal to the timekeeper... but would risk putting all the other umpires against us (because they are petty)

If anyone wants a laugh head over to the Port board to see what they're saying about Burton. Here are some highlights:
Arrogant pea heart who drinks his own bath water.
He would currently hurt our culture if he was still strutting around the club.

Does nothing well. Doesn’t chase. Can’t take a grab. Has been dropped a few times now.

Mass, Karl, Jarsy and in particular Scrim with Bodie Ryan on the way have got half back covered without even contemplating that germ back in our jumper.

Let it go people. The result stands and right now there is literally zero difference between a narrow win and a narrow loss besides a little endorphin rush we all get in the 24hrs after the game. Now we need to be getting on with the business of developing this list to win a flag. Narrow losses are almost the perfect formula for that actually. You learn a lot more from losses than wins in sport. Plus you get better draft picks. We really should be thanking Port for the present.

We have fixed our first quarter problem, but have a looming 4th quarter one, and the deficit is getting worse

If we want wins. Which aren’t now that important in this season* the we need to use the sub for effect not development

* if we win 2/3 remaining games we get 11 wins. To get 13 wins we need 10/13 which is not achievable right now. Tipping point just happened

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking Hawks 6 Points Podcast

BT is a ******* swine, the s**t he was spewing in the game on ginnevan and then in the completely next breathe for JHF, it is pathetic and makes him a genuine stain. Made me sick listening to it.

the 3.20 timeslot is cursed with him for another week.

I wonder when his contract is up?
He is pathetic and the AFL zeitgeist agrees.

I have decided to completely erase this game from my memory, 1984 Grand Final style.
That’s a shame.

The first 3 quarters were superb and the result means SFA.

We are playing far more competitive footy than we did in 2023 with a significantly banged up list.

Nothing to ignore IMHO.

It’s all good. 👍

Why sit back? We should have done what got us in that position. attack and hunt.

It was gutless. We didn't want it enough.
Daddy would like his keyboard back now. He needs it to do some work.

We have fixed our first quarter problem, but have a looming 4th quarter one, and the deficit is getting worse

If we want wins. Which aren’t now that important in this season* the we need to use the sub for effect not development

* if we win 2/3 remaining games we get 11 wins. To get 13 wins we need 10/13 which is not achievable right now. Tipping point just happened
4th quarter problem is just kids playing the first 3 like crazy people. They’ll condition themselves and learn to pace themselves better, learn to control the game better and learn to close out better.

But I much prefer them running around like mad people than the chip chip crap they tried against Melbourne.

Let it go people. The result stands and right now there is literally zero difference between a narrow win and a narrow loss besides a little endorphin rush we all get in the 24hrs after the game. Now we need to be getting on with the business of developing this list to win a flag. Narrow losses are almost the perfect formula for that actually. You learn a lot more from losses than wins in sport. Plus you get better draft picks. We really should be thanking Port for the present.
Until we get on a roll, win 12 games and miss the finals by 4pts, where everyone melts that the club should have demanded the result was overturned.

😂

That’s a shame.

The first 3 quarters were superb and the result means SFA.

We are playing far more competitive footy than we did in 2023 with a significantly banged up list.

Nothing to ignore IMHO.

It’s all good. 👍
I find watching the highlights until McKenzie's goal and then turning off works...

I find watching the highlights until McKenzie's goal and then turning off works...
Exactly this. Did this yesterday.

I still haven't seen the last minute of play, and I imagine I never will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back