Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Thought I create the thread.

Tough day at the office. Both pre and during the game. Got a humble slice of pie.

IN: Darcy (if fit), Brodie, Simpson.

OUT:

Voss- unfortunate casualty for Darcy

JOM- I cannot stand this guy. Cannot stand he’s in the leadership group. Cannot stand that he can’t run. Cannot stand he’s on the defensive wing and Banfield is pushed to go forward- after kicking 3 goals and 25 disposals. Livid. Why is he in the team? Honestly a waste of developing Erasmus, hindering Brodie. Honestly done with the experiment. It was a cute hopeful trade- which Fremantle stuffed up. Move on.

Emmett- has to go back to WAFL.

Switkowski is very very lucky there’s not an experienced small forward. He’s a liability just as much as JOM.

Hopefully a strong performance from sturt tomorrow and then in for one of our (many) vaunted pressure forwards who don’t kick goals or really apply pressure.

Drives you mad as a supporter. How many forwards can a team play that don’t actually kick goals?

Couple that with mids that don’t score and it makes for some pretty ugly viewing.

I’m not doom and gloom - I thought we were strong tonight in a lot of areas, but we will not advance to elite levels with Switta, Emmett, Walters, JOM.

In an ideal world I’d like to see:

Out: JOM, Emmett, Voss

In: Simpson, Darcy, Sturt.

Banfield to wing

Out: Emmett, voss, JOM
In: Delean, Darcy, Simpson (sub)

We need genuine forwards not mids turned forwards. Surely there's another mature ager running around the state leagues like ballas we can target in the MSD

Currently in the frame of mind where you get Simpson to 50 games as quickly as possible.
I didn't agree before last night, but it's clear we're not doing anything serious without some more forward class. Also can't see us making finals with our draw so not much to be gained holding him out.

Get him in there.

We can’t play Banfield as an invisible medium forward again next week.

Either put him to the wing full time instead of JOM
OR
drop him to peel.

He’s not that well established in the side to get away with two stinkers in a row.

Emmett just has to be dropped. Simpson in.
Voss to peel for Darcy. Need Darcy against Rowan Marshall.

It appears O’Meara has access to JLs hard drive or something. I’ve never seen someone so Teflon in my life. He won’t be dropped unfortunately.

Thought I create the thread.

Tough day at the office. Both pre and during the game. Got a humble slice of pie.

IN: Darcy (if fit), Brodie, Simpson.

OUT:

Voss- unfortunate casualty for Darcy

JOM- I cannot stand this guy. Cannot stand he’s in the leadership group. Cannot stand that he can’t run. Cannot stand he’s on the defensive wing and Banfield is pushed to go forward- after kicking 3 goals and 25 disposals. Livid. Why is he in the team? Honestly a waste of developing Erasmus, hindering Brodie. Honestly done with the experiment. It was a cute hopeful trade- which Fremantle stuffed up. Move on.

Emmett- has to go back to WAFL.

Switkowski is very very lucky there’s not an experienced small forward. He’s a liability just as much as JOM.

Pretty much nailed it I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can’t play Banfield as an invisible medium forward again next week.

Either put him to the wing full time instead of JOM
OR
drop him to peel.

He’s not that well established in the side to get away with two stinkers in a row.

Emmett just has to be dropped. Simpson in.
Voss to peel for Darcy. Need Darcy against Rowan Marshall.

It appears O’Meara has access to JLs hard drive or something. I’ve never seen someone so Teflon in my life. He won’t be dropped unfortunately.

The issue for me is who comes in?

Sturt injured again. Maybe Simpson if he plays well.

Dealan maybe. Not many options for the forward line.

Hopefully we get 1 or 2 in the msd

Think he’s injured again wasn’t named for peel
Unfortunately you cannot rely on his body to handle the grind of AFL.
Guy is still a man child at 23.
Unless you have guys like Fyfe who started at 75kg, and just physically push
to transform, our system just does enough.
Now Fyfe is on the decline who else is going to stand up?
Only real positive is that Johnson is starting to believe, I don’t know why JLo gives
some players the time, games to settle and others are Peel fodder.

Maybe we need to bring Tabby cat back 😬🤣😂

Take the best defender and relieve the pressure from amiss and kick his 1 goal a game
The issue is Darcy, if he doesn’t play then who rucks?
It’s JLo he won’t use Reidy, and we are developing Knobel for another club.
The triple J is just for fantasy footy.

I thought Reidy should’ve played yesterday, so Jackson could stay forward

Have an issue with this.
Darcy isn’t fit and has niggles all the time. Surely Reidy or Knobel deserve a shot? It’s broken. Jackson is struggling as number 1 ruck. Treacy wasn’t his usual self due to the demands of second ruck.
The solution is right there in front of their eyes, the coaches.
What’s the use of depth? Cox and McDonald went down, Draper wasn’t ready for AFL. But he got the chance, and flourishing.

There’s no elite ruckmen these days other then perhaps Gawn, Darcy himself, English to some degree. Reidy or Knobel don’t have to do much other then compete. It’s worth a gamble.
Jackson at CHF and Treacy plays full time FF.

Maybe we need to bring Tabby cat back 😬🤣😂

Take the best defender and relieve the pressure from amiss and kick his 1 goal a game
Amiss isn’t taking it well the close checking as number 1 forward.
There is real merit for Tabs to play and sacrifice the defender.
Jackson isn’t threatening at all up forward. Can’t even mark uncontested the way he leaps early at the footy

Amiss isn’t taking it well the close checking as number 1 forward.
There is real merit for Tabs to play and sacrifice the defender.
Jackson isn’t threatening at all up forward. Can’t even mark uncontested the way he leaps early at the footy
Yep. If we playing for the here and now, and what's at our disposal tabs needs to be considered outside of most supporters negative bias. I'm sure JL foresaw this, which was why he initially played.

Whether our supporters rate tabs or not , oppos still see him as a threat and therefore he takes their number 1 def.

He can do nothing for 80% of the game as decoy and wrestles his Oppo and as bonus chimes in with goal will help us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back