Preview Round 10 Changes v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

What a ripping game this promises to be , might trim my toe nails instead

Horse for courses with Fyfe from here on out … bigger slower midfields like the Saints no problem , quick agile midfields give him a rest and give Jonno a crack in there

I know Emmett makes to many stuff ups but I like having a mass x acceleration guy up there in fact I’d like another one if we could find him in the draft … a Powell-Pepper type

Drop this one and it’s almost time to be realistic and just play Delean and Simpson for the rest of the year , move Chappy to the wing and bring in Wagner or Worner

If JOM , Walters and Switta need to make way so be it

Treat the rest of the year as an 10 month pre season for a red hot crack in 2025

If the coach doesn’t like it … no great loss I’d suggest

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

These would be my changes as well. Sounds like Ras had a good game for Peel. Kid deserves a full game at AFL level.

Ras played one of the better games I’ve seen him play for Peel today, but unfortunately he missed a goal from 35 out dead in front after taking a good mark, so maybe don’t expect an improvement in our goal kicking if he comes in

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ras played one of the better games I’ve seen him play for Peel today, but unfortunately he missed a goal from 35 out dead in front after taking a good mark, so maybe don’t expect an improvement in our goal kicking if he comes in

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Ras has gotta sort his kicking out before he comes back. We are lacking badly in foot skills.
He is not going to make us better.

I still think Chapman should be considered for a wing. I think he's too creative and attacking to be purely a defender. I know we attack off half back and all but just the way he cuts angles and kicks inboard, I'd love to see him taking marks up on the wing and cutting inboard to go inside 50. Maybe he could even play as a medium forward?

Johnson needs to be playing inside and Banfield needs to be on a wing too. Erasmus deserves a game off his form.
I just don't know how it fits together. Maybe Fye and Walters actually both should just have a week off and rest instead of travelling or playing WAFL. Fyfe was mentally shot last night. Let him go surfing for a week.

I do know we can do without Emmett, JOM and Switta but I suspect only one of them is in danger of losing his spot.
I wonder how long we are going to feel compelled to play JOM every week?

Ras has gotta sort his kicking out before he comes back. We are lacking badly in foot skills.
He went at 85% today, or something ridiculous. He was very good last week as well. He has become a better kick than Brayshaw, Johnson and Fyfe. Plus even Serong this week. Different intensity I know but still. His missed set shot was the only negative and that is disappointing because he was an elite goal kicker as a forward before he came to the club.

It’s actually underrated now. Kicked flat and with distance. He pulling the trigger on those kicks, obviously been told to work on that.

With high draft pick young players with potential, especially if they're killing it in the twos, I think it should be "play them unless they make you worse", not "don't play them unless they make you better". Plus there has to be a degree of selection integrity: bad AFL performances should be punished, and good WAFL performances should be rewarded.

I want Raz in the team not because I think he moves the needle significantly short term positively, but because I don't think he moves it negatively and that should be enough. If for nothing else, then at least to reinforce that even in weaker positions, "undroppable" doesn't exist, especially for fringe players.

Mind you, if with Raz we're gonna be doing the traveling emergency or sub s**t, just don't bother: let him apply his trade at Peel where it seems he's enjoying his footy and playing excellently (tbf doesn't apply so much against St Kilda coz next week is a WAFL bye week). He's played 3 WAFL games this season, and I would be surprised if he didn't get the full 9 Sandover Medal votes in those 3 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sturt in. Can kick goals, that go straight
I wished we played Sturt vs the swans on friday night.

Sure he gets copped flak for kicking junk time goals. The game was dead at half time, buried at 3 quarter time. We probably would of kicked 6.13.49 rather than 4.15.39.

I thought Reidy should’ve played yesterday, so Jackson could stay forward
I thought the same thing....

I actually hope Reidy gets a debut game vs the saints, His family is from Victoria and if Darcy is still injured, why not bring him in?

Reidy to ruck 50 percent of the game. Tracy to pinch hit 5-10% of the game and Jackson to pinch hit 40-45% of the game.

I still think Chapman should be considered for a wing. I think he's too creative and attacking to be purely a defender. I know we attack off half back and all but just the way he cuts angles and kicks inboard, I'd love to see him taking marks up on the wing and cutting inboard to go inside 50. Maybe he could even play as a medium forward?

Johnson needs to be playing inside and Banfield needs to be on a wing too. Erasmus deserves a game off his form.
I just don't know how it fits together. Maybe Fye and Walters actually both should just have a week off and rest instead of travelling or playing WAFL. Fyfe was mentally shot last night. Let him go surfing for a week.

I do know we can do without Emmett, JOM and Switta but I suspect only one of them is in danger of losing his spot.
I wonder how long we are going to feel compelled to play JOM every week?
Forever 😂😂😂

It’s actually underrated now. Kicked flat and with distance. He pulling the trigger on those kicks, obviously been told to work on that.
That's good. He needs to do it for a month before coming back in.
Otherwise he will in and out for the rest of the year.
Let him build some belief in wafl.

It’s becoming obvious.
Grundy and who else? McLean. Other teams are there to exploit. Yet we use a 21 year old undersized Treacy. Come on
We wanted Jackson because of his unique skill set, not his rucking.
A player that could play all down the spine, and even maybe midfield minutes.
Playing him as the number one ruck, he has gone backwards.
After one very poor game preseason, Reidy has shown just as much as what
Meek did at Peel.
Guy deserves a second chance and if Darcy isn’t fit, we could do with the
Exuberance that a debut gives.

No WAFL next weekend because of the State game, so that complicates sending players back to work on their shortcomings at Peel.

That actually works out, some of our players aren’t even wafl standard so maybe they can go back and apply forward pressure and hit oppo half backs on the chest at an ammo club.

Switta might get a gig with the under 7s, with the other players who can’t kick 15 meters. That said, their coach is probably going to be more ruthless than JL, so not sure he’d hold his spot.

Does Draper get looked at?
He’s not noticeably bad but he’s just not noticeable at all.

I’d like more drive out of defense. Wagner or Worner. Chapman plays second tall?

Definitely need to restructure positions in front half.

Out: Draper, Voss, Emmett
In: Darcy, Wagner, Erasmus

Sub - JOM
Jackson plays forward.
Walters back into front 6.
Erasmus plays JOM role.
Chapman plays second tall. Wagner helps Walker and Clark to rebound.

Really want to know why Sturt missed this game, he would be a clear benefit to our goal kicking woes, now that Switta is back we can’t afford to keep carrying Emmett.
In: Darcy, Sturt
Out: Voss, Emmett

I would love Brodie or Ras to replace JOM but can’t see it happening
Sturt is injured again by the sounds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back