Remove this Banner Ad

in
Darcy
out
Voss

Think emmett gets one more chance because Sturt not playing yesterday
Ras should come in but they wont drop JOM

Does Draper get looked at?
He’s not noticeably bad but he’s just not noticeable at all.

I’d like more drive out of defense. Wagner or Worner. Chapman plays second tall?

Definitely need to restructure positions in front half.

Out: Draper, Voss, Emmett
In: Darcy, Wagner, Erasmus

Sub - JOM
Jackson plays forward.
Walters back into front 6.
Erasmus plays JOM role.
Chapman plays second tall. Wagner helps Walker and Clark to rebound.
Draper is a tall defender too isnt he? Unless you are talking about Hugh Davies. Draper wears the number 37. He reminds me of the last tall defender that wore number 37, that is Michael Johnson. I dont know if Draper could be as good as Michael Johnson.

I dont think draper will be dropped. played 6 or 7 games so far this season. He isnt great but he isnt terrible or hopeless.

As far as Hugh Davies is concerned, I would actually give him a game from the bench. Let him (Davies) play 50 percent of the game at Centre half back and Draper plays the other 50 percent at Centre half back. Both of them learning off the likes of Alex Pearce and Ryan will be good.

Outs
Emmett - We apply plenty of pressure. 29 turnovers for 1 goal 1 behind indicates we need to swap a pressure player for a goal scorer.
Fyfe (sub), Walters and JOM - We are not contenders, play younger players. I don't think we need them in as leaders either.
Voss - Out for Darcy.

Ins
Wagner - Push Chapman or Clark to wing to replace JOM.
Simpson - Develop as a mid/forward, in for Walters.
Sturt - Direct trade of pressure for goals. In for Emmett.
Darcy - Automatic inclusion for Voss.

Ryan Pearce Walker
Clark Draper Wagner
Sharp Young Chapman
Sturt Jackson Frederick
Amiss Treacy Switkowski

Darcy Brayshaw Serong

Johnson Aish Banfield Simpson

Fyfe

Outs
Emmett - We apply plenty of pressure. 29 turnovers for 1 goal 1 behind indicates we need to swap a pressure player for a goal scorer.
Fyfe (sub), Walters and JOM - We are not contenders, play younger players. I don't think we need them in as leaders either.
Voss - Out for Darcy.

Ins
Wagner - Push Chapman or Clark to wing to replace JOM.
Simpson - Develop as a mid/forward, in for Walters.
Sturt - Direct trade of pressure for goals. In for Emmett.
Darcy - Automatic inclusion for Voss.

Ryan Pearce Walker
Clark Draper Wagner
Sharp Young Chapman
Sturt Jackson Frederick
Amiss Treacy Switkowski

Darcy Brayshaw Serong

Johnson Aish Banfield Simpson

Fyfe
Glad we aren't over reacting to a weird loss under difficult circumstances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it too crazy to start trialling dudes forward?
Chappy?
Walker?
Aish?
Johnno?
Deelan?
Simpson?

Wilson?? Can we redraft him midseason?
Are people watching the same Willo that has clearly enjoyed the more relaxed dietary rules following retirement?

If anything I’d try Sharp forward, then trial some other players on the wing. Sharp at least can get it through the big sticks fairly consistently.
He kicked one out on the full with set shot on Fri. Think off a step or running into goal and letting it fly from 50 is different to when the heat is on and from set shot

He kicked one out on the full with set shot on Fri. Think off a step or running into goal and letting it fly from 50 is different to when the heat is on and from set shot
I’m more thinking he might be a player waiting at the drop for the crumb, since none of our other players can seem to do that at the moment.

I don’t know. Just feel we can’t keep trying the same thing forward and expect different results.

Seems we at a stage, where we packed it in and playing theoreticals. Player X has these attributes so they should be able play in position Y

Out: JOM, Voss, Emmett
In: Erasmus, Darcy, Warner

Ryan, Pearce, Warner
Aish, Draper, Clark

Darcy, Serong, Young
Sharp, Fyfe, Brayshaw

Fredrick, Treacy, Switkowski
Jackson, Amiss, Walker

Banfield, Erasmus, Johnson, Chapman

Sub: Walters/Simpson

Someone floated the idea of Walker playing forward and honestly I don't hate it. Might give a new option to play around with. JOM's currently holding back 3-4 players in Banfield, Johnson, Brodie & Erasmus - time to move on and re-earn that spot in the WAFL. Warner comes in to cover Walker, we looked electric last season with his rebound.

Darcy's a not brainer if fit. Switkowski on thin ice (might even throw him out for Sturt)

There is no point bringing in Ras or Brodie or anyone else to do JoM's role. He's not playing inside mid which is the only position either of those two can play effectively. 100% guaranteed they'd both get hauled over the coals here for playing **** just like JoM does. The role sucks. Brodie would be worse at it and Ras would at best do about the same.

Last thing Ras needs is his confidence destroyed playing out of position and getting dropped. He'll get a look at some point through injury or similar in a role he can actually succeed in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back