Preview Round 10 Changes v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought it was interesting in the injury update that it was said of Sturt that all is going well for him to be available for selection this week.

Given that he made the point later that there's no Wafl this week when discussing others.
Makes sense though. Sturt is always a chance to be in the team but Conrad and Odin are zero chance of even being close to selection.

I suspect the club isn’t fully transparent with Darcy’s injuries ever since signing him long term. Instead of listing him as like a 1-3 weeks or whatever they just put him as a test every week to make it look not as bad.

He was never playing on Friday, and I don’t have any intel but I suspect the same for this week.
My spidey senses are thinking along the same lines.

I love the bloke but he’s definitely carrying too much baggage and that must be hindering his recovery and ongoing availability.

Both Jackson and Treacy best games have been when they have spent some time in the ruck. Also having 3 tall forwards doesn’t mean you have them all down there at the same time. With Darcy (or Reidy) it means 2 are down forward, one is on the bench and one is rucking

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes sometimes you have two forward and one on the bench. You have one of the rucks on the bench and you go with an extra small or mid height player in the forward line for more crumbing power and speed and forward pressure. Then at other times, you put them all on and play the full JJJ in the forward line and Darcy/Reid in the ruck and test their tall defenders out.
In other words it allows us to mix and match, change it up and put the defenders in a constant state of flux. Thats our ideal structure, according to JLo, so why isnt a second ruck being selected when Darcy goes down, is the question.

Sturt should get a go this week, just give him an extended run in the medium role, stop playing Banfield in that role and get him back up to the wing where he has played his best football this season.

I wouldn't drop Switkowski yet but if he fails to produce goals as a crumbing small forward then he needs to be dropped, it's not fun not having many decent small forwards, I'd honestly bring Simpson in and just let him develop at the highest level.

If no Darcy keep Voss in the team, we need leading, marking targets otherwise STK will sag off and intercept all day.

Sturt should get a go this week, just give him an extended run in the medium role, stop playing Banfield in that role and get him back up to the wing where he has played his best football this season.

I wouldn't drop Switkowski yet but if he fails to produce goals as a crumbing small forward then he needs to be dropped, it's not fun not having many decent small forwards, I'd honestly bring Simpson in and just let him develop at the highest level.
The criteria from the match committee would be about fulfilling the role requirements. Maintaining pressure and being able to hold up your end of the team structure (now and in the shortish term future) would likely be more critical than goals in this game it that.

Why do we play shit players

What's the Erasmus, Brodie and Wagner may as well be traded.

Tell me one good game Omera has played. He is a waste of a best 22 position. Utter useless and getting paid good money to relax into a nice retirement. He must love his lucrative no strings attached contract.

Banfield only has to play good occasionally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm.
This one certainly feels like a ‘we put our team in a bad spot last week… everyone has a chance for redemption’

Otherwise there’s no way in any normal context could we go unchanged when guys are performing at Peel.
Yes the McCarthy death and 5 day break makes it impossible to know where we are at after that game.

How is it understandable

Omera has been s**t since the first game he played for Freo. His whole contract has been a free pass
and yet he is still being praised by team members and coaches for performing the role he is asked to do.

I guess unles you know what the coach expects of a player we cant judge .

Kicking goals. possion counts., marks are not the only indicators of success.

I’m all for a back the boys in attitude. Blokes do need a few games.
Therefore that same line should apply when someone is dropped and someone gets elevated.

The next time a Sturt, Simpson, Erasmus, Wagner, Worner type come into the side it needs to be for 3 weeks minimum and to judge them on their body of work.

Will wait to see what Saturday brings but you can almost pencil in JOM - 16 meaningless possessions. Emmett 6-8 touches with a couple ‘gee he goes hard’ type plays.

and yet he is still being praised by team members and coaches for performing the role he is asked to do.

I guess unles you know what the coach expects of a player we cant judge .

Kicking goals. possion counts., marks are not the only indicators of success.

So what does he bring to the team? See if you can answer it.

I’m all for a back the boys in attitude. Blokes do need a few games.
Therefore that same line should apply when someone is dropped and someone gets elevated.

The next time a Sturt, Simpson, Erasmus, Wagner, Worner type come into the side it needs to be for 3 weeks minimum and to judge them on their body of work.

Will wait to see what Saturday brings but you can almost pencil in JOM - 16 meaningless possessions. Emmett 6-8 touches with a couple ‘gee he goes hard’ type plays.

Yep
Erasmus gets no games. A quarter to show something if he's lucky

Remove this Banner Ad

Back