Opinion Round 10 Changes vs. Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new defender needs to be brought in soon so they can get half a season worth of games. Hughes has been the only player developing in the back line so far this year. Whether it's this week or next they have to try someone else asap.
I think we all forget that Hamling had only played 23 games of AFL before this year. To put in context Lachie Weller has played more AFL games than Hamling.

But I agree, I think Nyhuis is ready, can play on smalls and medium fwds, solid skills under pressure, likes to kick and can shutdown forwards when needed. Ryan is another ready to go in my mind.

Ross isn't likely to want to upset our backline by making too many changes though. One of Ibbo, Spurr or Sutty are replaceable in my mind.

Logue will be back at some stage too.
Hard to know how he's progressing without being able to watch Peel but our track record developing our recruits stands up to scrutiny so I'd expect another few games before season's end.
The backline options seem to be there and a couple look pretty promising.

Hamling is an amazing player for someone with his number of games. Young, wants to be here, has talent. Can't go wrong really. Great pickup by the club.
Really surprised too. Took some really tough marks and held on to them in the wet, when not many others could even get chest marks. Him and Johnno have been brilliant down back. Will help Ryan when he does come in.

Spurr is in the leadership group, so obviously would be a crucial leader down back. That will probably keep him in ahead of Ibbotson.

Either way on Ballas, it's hard to imagine coming back to AFL after being pulled/managed in the 3rd quarter of WAFL

Ballas did his hammy yesterday.
Ballas didn't do his hammy he coped a cork and had a bit of hamstring tightness . The Club took him off as a precaution only .He will need to get over the cork. When I was walking past the change rooms after the game he was talking to his team mates and went into full detail about how he was after the game .

Brennan Cox is building nicely. From SA might be an inclusion this week.

Does anyone have a picture of Nyhuis? Wouldnt know what he looked like if i fell over him at an outdoor festival

I would expect no change and the boys to be keen to atone for their loss to Port on this ground. After RTB gave Blakely a serve for shaking hands with Murphy and then not seeing him again you can bet Connor will be on Sloane's clacker all day long.

I would not be averse to seeing Ryan come in for Langdon and a bit of shuffle to accommodate but do not expect any change and RTB could be looking for some box for Ryan to be ticking that we are not aware of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ballas didn't do his hammy he coped a cork and had a bit of hamstring tightness . The Club took him off as a precaution only .He will need to get over the cork. When I was walking past the change rooms after the game he was talking to his team mates and went into full detail about how he was after the game .

Exactly right.

Adelaide weather forecast is late showers so we might go smaller and hard bodies . Brady grey might need a rest . Cox is putting his hand up big time at Peel .Cox in Sutcliffe or Grey out.
Josh DeLuca won't be considered for at least 3 weeks due to WAFL bye this week and him coming back from injury but gee's he's playing good footy .

Any idea if the hammy tightness is in the other leg? You'd expect they'll be especially cautious if it's the hammy recently operated on.

Who's being the campaigner - not Adelaide. You Freo supporters get so sucked in if anybody criticises you. Grow a pair:rolleyes:

How does one grow a pair? Once you have identified the answer please get back in touch. I'd like to sell the remedy to Eagles players once they enter Melbourne. I'll need at least 22 pairs. I say at least because the coach could probably do with a pair and make a statement at the selection table.

I would say I witnessed more then one lady running around Etihad yesterday, but that would be disrespectful and unkind.

Instead I'll say I witnessed one of the more epic heartless performances I have seen in a long time. When all credibility was on the line again your club went missing more than Jack Darling's 'He's striking them beautifully' 2 goals 5 behinds performance.

Did I get sucked in? Not really, I'll always use an opportunity to highlight an WCE supporters problems. By posting on a Freo board you just made it easy.

Who's being the campaigner - not Adelaide. You Freo supporters get so sucked in if anybody criticises you. Grow a pair:rolleyes:
You're just jealous because you thought we might have taken that title away from you. Don't worry petal, it's still yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back