Trades Round 10 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you guys think is the best move at this point in time- getting the best players/best value players or getting PA/GC/R12 players in, who will help me during byes? Should I bring in Wingard and Pittard or T. Adams and Walters?

What do you guys think is the best move at this point in time- getting the best players/best value players or getting PA/GC/R12 players in, who will help me during byes? Should I bring in Wingard and Pittard or T. Adams and Walters?

If you're not copping zeros due to affecting your bye structure, then get the best players. If you're copping zeros, then get players for structure. If you are avoiding zeros and not getting the best players, usually better to go with people that will ONLY increase in value through bye rounds if they're just stepping stones to your preference anyway. If there's any risk they could falter during byes, avoid them.

Luke Ryan a cheeky chance to debut this week? 30 touches and a goal in the WAFL

GCS & Port players are gold in the bye rounds!
I'm going with only those that are likely to stay in the team till the end.
I've got Witts & Ablett... but Barlow, Pittard, Harbow, Hall, Ebert & Boak are potentials on my shopping list for this & next week.
3 trades a week over the byes and your team can look very different in a months time. G/L

Depends on individual teams and how they're structured for the byes. Many of the GC/Port players that are appealing don't have amazing breakevens (Ablett, Ebert, Pittard, Barlow etc) always have the option to hold off a week, if you've got a decent spread.

For me personally, think I'll be trading normally and maybe bring in a a couple of GC/Port players next week.

Hampton > Greenwood via Burton
Then upgrade Balic, looking at treloar. Not sure of his B/E but looks like good value and could go big against us.

Thanks guys, it's an interesting debate. If I fantasise about what trades I'll make in the next three weeks, if I trade in Walters and Adams I'll have 20 for R11 but only just get 18 for R13, which means I'll probably be copping a donut with inevitable injuries etc. So I've gone Wingard and Tuohy at the moment and probably won't change those trades. I really think I need 20 for each bye round. That way I won't have a 40 or late out affect my score. Seems like some of the top teams are absolutely screwed for the byes too, so hopefully good planning gets rewarded.

Thanks guys, it's an interesting debate. If I fantasise about what trades I'll make in the next three weeks, if I trade in Walters and Adams I'll have 20 for R11 but only just get 18 for R13, which means I'll probably be copping a donut with inevitable injuries etc. So I've gone Wingard and Tuohy at the moment and probably won't change those trades. I really think I need 20 for each bye round. That way I won't have a 40 or late out affect my score. Seems like some of the top teams are absolutely screwed for the byes too, so hopefully good planning gets rewarded.

Keep in mind you get three trades over the Byes so I haven't been stressing too much about it.

Depends on individual teams and how they're structured for the byes. Many of the GC/Port players that are appealing don't have amazing breakevens (Ablett, Ebert, Pittard, Barlow etc) always have the option to hold off a week, if you've got a decent spread.

For me personally, think I'll be trading normally and maybe bring in a a couple of GC/Port players next week.

Hampton > Greenwood via Burton
Then upgrade Balic, looking at treloar. Not sure of his B/E but looks like good value and could go big against us.

Barlow's breakeven is only a very gettable 92

What's peoples thoughts on

Barrett > Walters
Otten > Pittard

Preuss >
Hampton > R12 Premo likely. Maybe Tuohy or i have 670k not sure if that can afford Docherty but he has a bye soon.

Johannisen is another option as is Pittard/Harbrow for a bit more risk as Defenders who have already had their bye.

I feel like guys who have already had the bye will be really important here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something useful to be aware of is the raft of thursday night games coming up starting this week, for those who like to have a dabble with a loophole captain. Witts has to be a genuine Captain option this week and could win every hit out towering over Pederson. Ablett, Hall, Barlow might be beneficiaries also. hmmm.

Something useful to be aware of is the raft of thursday night games coming up starting this week, for those who like to have a dabble with a loophole captain. Witts has to be a genuine Captain option this week and could win every hit out towering over Pederson. Ablett, Hall, Barlow might be beneficiaries also. hmmm.

With the 150's from Danger/Titch/Zerret/and co. I don't think many people are going to find many scores worth locking in. :/

Danger VC loophole this weekend though :D

Titch VC loophole next weekend. :D

Hanners VC loophole the one after. :D

Geelong and Port are loophole game this round are they not?

How much faith do people have in Pittard?

Barlow's breakeven is only a very gettable 92

Was stating many of them don't have relatively low breakeven, so there was always the option of waiting another week, without going up a heap of cash.

I can only really see Wingard/Harbrow as players you'd want this week over next.

Pittard is one I'm interested in, my backline will be light on both rounds 11/13, would help balance it out as I don't really like any round 12 players there.
Have my queries over him too, as I stated above ill give him another week to see before jumping on.

Already have Greenwood, so really struggling on what to do. Can go Black > Walters, but apart from that no clue. Any obvious downgrade options in Defence?

Nope

I want to go

Marchbank > Lloyd
Otten > Rookie

But the best option looks O'Connor from Geelong - vomit!

not much, but I'm likely rolling the dice on him! Bulldogs defenders stated up well last week against the Cats at Kardinia Park hoping the Power defense can too.

People talking about only trading to avoid donuts in the byes but I'm planning to 20-22 players on the park each week, meaning players like EVW, Bolton, Myers and Lloyd will be playing but are back only the 18th-22nd fielded players.
I think you'll struggle to gain any ground through the byes fielding 18 in any week

Ill have to work out how important it is to have a GC/Port player compared to just trading in guns with other byes ie: Grundy who are underpriced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back