Trades Round 10 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Polson > Lloyd via Dawson to FWD bench
Curtly > Greenwood via Otten

Gives me $141k for next weekend. Leaves me with Fisher who I can downgrade, Marchbank up to a premo and someone else from Rd 11 bye on my bench to go next week which will hopefully give me 19/20 playing that round. I've got only 8 missing round 12 and 9 missing round 13 which should leave me in good stead if I can negotiate this first week.

Ill have to work out how important it is to have a GC/Port player compared to just trading in guns with other byes ie: Grundy who are underpriced.
Hold Nank until Gawn is back and drops 100k more

People talking about only trading to avoid donuts in the byes but I'm planning to 20-22 players on the park each week, meaning players like EVW, Bolton, Myers and Lloyd will be playing but are back only the 18th-22nd fielded players.
I think you'll struggle to gain any ground through the byes fielding 18 in any week

Byes are no doubt the best time to make ground, still need to find the right balance thou.

If you're fielding Players like Bolton, Parson, Lloyd, EVW, Steward, Scheer etc in that 17-22 range, you'll have the luxury of bumping out a few of the low 40s score and getting the decent ones. However the ground made up will be minimal ~30 points here and there.

The people who field relatively strong sides and stick to more proven players/trades, will bounce out the bye rounds stronger and make up that difference.

I'm personally looking at fielding around 20 players per round, fielding the rookies I've been comfortable starting in previous rounds (expect first round where I'll get the best score out of Parsons, Lloyd and Otten) I'll hopefully pick up a few of the top premiums and continue to improve my starting 22.

Byes are no doubt the best time to make ground, still need to find the right balance thou.

If you're fielding Players like Bolton, Parson, Lloyd, EVW, Steward, Scheer etc in that 17-22 range, you'll have the luxury of bumping out a few of the low 40s score and getting the decent ones. However the ground made up will be minimal ~30 points here and there.

The people who field relatively strong sides and stick to more proven players/trades, will bounce out the bye rounds stronger and make up that difference.

I'm personally looking at fielding around 20 players per round, fielding the rookies I've been comfortable starting in previous rounds (expect first round where I'll get the best score out of Parsons, Lloyd and Otten) I'll hopefully pick up a few of the top premiums and continue to improve my starting 22.
But people were talking about getting donuts!!
Plus I doubt there's that many people who will field 18 premo's in any round.

so tempted to sideways fyfe to hanners or hall. very much over his s**t

Which premps to bring in this week? Im after someone without the rd 11 bye. I welcome suggestions

Thoughts on trades this week?

Butler has to go to Greenwood, but what is trade#2?
upload_2017-5-22_22-24-16.png

Hold Nank until Gawn is back and drops 100k more

Nank will be going forward for now.

Gawn still listed as 6 weeks away. I think hes aiming for round 14. Maybe in the VFL i would imagine.

By that time id be hoping my team is pretty much complete for round 14. Then sideways premiums to make coin and have cover will be key

Thoughts on trades this week?

Butler has to go to Greenwood, but what is trade#2?
View attachment 373571

Not too sure if it's my phone, but I can hardly see that picture :p

It's looks as though you already have a couple of good round 9 players, but have you thought about Barlow? That's who I'm aiming for this week, should easily average 95 and with his high ceiling could push over the 100 Mark. Also has a good record against melbourne this week so hopefully gives some instant reward.

Parfitt - D.Lloyd
Black - Greenwood +337k

or

Otten - J.Lloyd
Black - Greenwood +70k

I have Doch and Williamson so really don't wanna buy Lloyd till after R11, and feel the 337k i can use to upgrade fyfe/heppell to Mitchell/rocky during the byes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My side this week.

All my Forwards avg 92 or more
Grundy and Stef my rucks
Nat Fyfe my M6, WHE M7, Myers/Barrett M8
D4 avg 92+, Marchbank at D5 avg 78

Does anyone else have this issue?

I have Doch, Lloyd (syd), Newman, and Marchbank in my DEF line all with the round 11 bye..
With Hampton injured in my mids I lost my def/mid link up which would have helped a lot.
The only way I can see myself avoiding a donut is to trade Newman and Marchbank but Newman has a lot more $$$$ to make.

Is it worth trading him out for the week and then bringing him back in?

I have Doch, Lloyd (syd), Newman, and Marchbank in my DEF line all with the round 11 bye..
With Hampton injured in my mids I lost my def/mid link up which would have helped a lot.
The only way I can see myself avoiding a donut is to trade Newman and Marchbank but Newman has a lot more $$$$ to make.

Have the same issue with Lloyd, Newman, Marchy and Williamson all missing rd 11.
Not sure how I'm gonna get out of this either.

I'm in a similar position, looking at Greenwood in for Hampton this week. Next week my planning involves Barrett to Ryan or McNiece or Scharenberg or Perryman to restore the def-mid link.

I'm in a similar position, looking at Greenwood in for Hampton this week. Next week my planning involves Barrett to Ryan or McNiece or Scharenberg or Perryman to restore the def-mid link.
Problem for me is I'm already over capacity on rnd13 bye players so niether perryman or ryan help me there.. And the other 2 are only def.

Newmans spot will depend on how he scores this week. >90 and i think he's worth trading out then back in. Less and it's probably worth just upgrading him to a super premo.

Also I've found the bye indicator works on the app without purchasing the membership. Same for everyone else?

This is proving to be one of the harder trade weeks.

My first one is fairly locked in:

Hampton -> D. Lloyd

My second is either:

Sloane -> Merrett
Sloane has already lost me 100k in the 3 weeks I have him. With a BE of 160, stands to lose me even more. Desperate to cut my losses and replace him with a genuine fantasy pig that I should have got in the first place. Doesn't really help with the byes though. Another option would be Sloane to Ablett, but as Sloane has a Rd 13 bye, it doesn't really matter much.

Or

Marchbank -> Pittard
Pretty much the final piece in my defence to go with Docherty, Laird, Adams, J. Lloyd and Newman. Helps with my Rd 11 bye where I'll only just about field 18.

Brain says the second option, but the thought of losing even more coin on Sloane hurts. Feel like I should take a hit on the team value front.

Could do with a second opinion?

Marchbank is looking very close to topping out. Breakeven of 74 this week. I am going to cut him next week (if no carnage happens).

I think I may tough it out over the next few weeks and go

M.Kennedy > Gallucci

Balic > Greenwood

The next week I will downgrade Pruess to a rookie

This will give me a war chest of 600k

I'll then look at bringing in Simpson, Wingard and Lloyd for round 12. Or spending a lot of money to bring in Rockliff.

You could still have 4 defenders not playing (i.e. 2 donuts), but as long as you have 18 players elsewhere, you should still field a "full" team for the bye hey? Or are you light on in other areas too, so it can't be covered.

I've got a few rookies to worry about this week, so might just hold hampton and trade next week, unless a good def rookie pops up (Scharenberg?)

Balic -> A Hall
Pickett -> Greenwood

Leaves me with some extra security with SPP and Hall over the byes, and a double (triple?!) downgrade next week of hampton, black and someone else ha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back