Game Day Round 10 vs. Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 18/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the Kayo mini of our round 15 game against Adelaide at the G last year. The game where Ben Keays took Cox's glasses!! Clown.

We got up by 34 points points in the latter part of the 2nd quarter, but allowed Adelaide a 48 point turnaround to have them up by 14 points later in the 3rd quarter. Obviously hung on to win by 2 points, but never should have been in doubt with the start we had.

We're a better side since round 3 than we were last year. I have no doubt about that.
I think our last two games against the Crows have been won by a combined three points, after the tactical point by Sidey.

We can’t let their forwards get off the leash, Rankine is in good nick, Tex and Fogarty can get hot if they get some goals. Our defence is more than capable

I watched the Kayo mini of our round 15 game against Adelaide at the G last year. The game where Ben Keays took Cox's glasses!! Clown.

We got up by 34 points points in the latter part of the 2nd quarter, but allowed Adelaide a 48 point turnaround to have them up by 14 points later in the 3rd quarter. Obviously hung on to win by 2 points, but never should have been in doubt with the start we had.

We're a better side since round 3 than we were last year. I have no doubt about that.

Then there's the draw in 2017 after leading by 50 in the 3rd...........that is one of the weirdest experiences I've had at the footy and won't forget it.

Pies vs Crows games tend to throw some curveballs.

Then there's the draw in 2017 after leading by 50 in the 3rd...........that is one of the weirdest experiences I've had at the footy and won't forget it.

yeah it was bizarre at the time because if you'd have said to me before the game that we'd draw with the eventual Minor Premiers I'd have taken it, but in the way we did it almost makes me wish we hadn't won at all

That was the game that showed what could have been if we had've got Daniel Wells on the park.

I think our last two games against the Crows have been won by a combined three points, after the tactical point by Sidey.

We can’t let their forwards get off the leash, Rankine is in good nick, Tex and Fogarty can get hot if they get some goals. Our defence is more than capable
I am sure Dean will be an adequate to cover these three :p

Last edited:
He's been really solid in the VFL. He's a tidy smart player. Strength and contested work are the areas that need to improve based on his AFL outings.

I feel like those will come with a proper uninterrupted pre-season or two

I mean, the tools are there. You'd think one good pre-season with a focus on size/strength should be enough

If I was on the selection committee I would keep Frampton down back. He's done a great job but he hasn't had many games experience at AFL building that chemistry is important and taming Walker is important in nullifying Adelaide.

I think we need to try AJ, the bloke has to know he hasn't got many chances left.

If I was on the selection committee I would keep Frampton down back. He's done a great job but he hasn't had many games experience at AFL building that chemistry is important and taming Walker is important in nullifying Adelaide.

I think we need to try AJ, the bloke has to know he hasn't got many chances left.

i think we should stay with the same forward line as last week, they wont be able to contain our mids and smalls. just dont kick long and high to the forward and they should run riot

i think we should stay with the same forward line as last week, they wont be able to contain our mids and smalls. just dont kick long and high to the forward and they should run riot
key reason why such a small forward line worked last week was the absolute one-way domination of our mids at clearance and ability to waltz out the front of stoppage. aint gonna happen this week given quality of Adel's mids.

with heat around the ball at clearance and way less waltzing, the long 'get out' kick forward will be a thing, so i'd be looking to bring in AJ or even Dean to play forward of the ball and create an aerial contest.

can someone confirm, did Dean play some of his early /junior footy as a forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

key reason why such a small forward line worked last week was the absolute one-way domination of our mids at clearance and ability to waltz out the front of stoppage. aint gonna happen this week given quality of Adel's mids.

with heat around the ball at clearance and way less waltzing, the long 'get out' kick forward will be a thing, so i'd be looking to bring in AJ or even Dean to play forward of the ball and create an aerial contest.

can someone confirm, did Dean play some of his early /junior footy as a forward?

To be fair, both Carlton and West Coast have been strong stoppage/clearance teams this year.

Yes, West Coast

So if we could perform so strongly in the middle against those two, then I have some confidence we can do ok this weekend too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's surprising honestly.

I know we should "trust the club" but I just...I dunno

How do you go from "this isn't far off OP" to all clear to play in 2 weeks?

I'm going to assume HH is getting up as well?

So JDG and Schultz for Bytel and Howe

Am I missing anyone? (and don't say Dean)

Maybe one of Sullivan, Richards or Markov to be sub.

I wonder if we'd consider De Goey as the sub to ease him in?

replacing who? Moore , Frampton? .....lmfao

Pretty sure Howe was injured, so we may look at the flexibility with the ability to move a Frampton forward.
Hopefully when Dean does play senior footy again, you won't be sitting in the stands cheering him on, and that you will be cheering for his opponent to give him a bath, or you one of those fair-weather supporters that only support the team or individuals when they're doing well?

I'm going to assume HH is getting up as well?

So JDG and Schultz for Bytel and Howe

Am I missing anyone? (and don't say Dean)

Maybe one of Sullivan, Richards or Markov to be sub.
This but Fin or Richards sub, Mitchell still out need Sullivan for the center work as I would play De Goey predominantly forward just for this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back