Preview Round 10, West Coast Eagles vs GWS Giants, Sunday 28th May, 4.40pm AEST, Domain Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

94bfd7efdfedeb30c7cad0c4de34f319.gif

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hmmm, well Raymann had alerted us to the fact that Stevei J would be out, and Lobb was already flagged, so it just confirms the expected outs. I also note that Tiziani is out for a week, so Matty K has to be the in for Stevie J, even at risk of further injury. Given that Flynn had a poor NEAFL game, I'd go with HH as Lobb's replacement, and accept that when Mummy needs a rest someone out of HH, Tommo or Patton have to give him a chop out.

Just noticed - the "Spec" has gone and you're now full moderator (you never want to go full moderator:p)

Seriously. Congrats on getting the training wheels off.
A little sooner than I'd like, but required, cheers :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'd need to be elevated to be named. As it currently stands, they too are not available for selection.
We'd need a long term injury to promote them.

What are the odds? :p

I think with the squad depth as decimated as it is it wouldn't hurt to have Stein and Sproule ready to play
No need to upgrade them unless we're planning to play them or have them as an emergency. The deadline for upgrades in a given week is 5 pm on the Thursday, with teams at 6 pm.

It's interesting that until a couple of days ago the line for this game was WC -6.5 which means the bookies are anticipating a very close tussle. Given that GWS could well of lost their last 4 (based on how the games played out) and a relatively poor road record I would have thought that this would point to a clear WC win given how well they play at home.

To be clear I consider the form lines and likely result to be primarily the result of a massive injury list to GWS which got worse this week with Lobb and Stevie J out. Is there are reason to indicate that GWS can potentially pinch this game?

It's interesting that until a couple of days ago the line for this game was WC -6.5 which means the bookies are anticipating a very close tussle. Given that GWS could well of lost their last 4 (based on how the games played out) and a relatively poor road record I would have thought that this would point to a clear WC win given how well they play at home.

To be clear I consider the form lines and likely result to be primarily the result of a massive injury list to GWS which got worse this week with Lobb and Stevie J out. Is there are reason to indicate that GWS can potentially pinch this game?
WC thinking itll be a walkover and they get ambushed.
Food poisoning is another.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

"could have easily lost" is very misleading. The simple face is we have Won three close games from the last 4. They are very different outcomes and it would be foolish to think it is accidental.

"could have easily lost" is very misleading. The simple face is we have Won three close games from the last 4. They are very different outcomes and it would be foolish to think it is accidental.
I think winning close games is often the sign of a very good team (ie Hawthorn). My point would be that these games on form would have potentially indicated GWS losses. I thought that WB outpayed you and Cameron indicated that Rich was the better team on the day. I didn't see the Coll game.

Having especially close games at home against moderate opposition (Collingwood / Richmond) indicates to me that your massive injury list is dramatically impacting your form and this form has been masked somewhat but these miraculous come from behind victories. Sydney is similar but GWS depth looks better - lost a host of players and couldn't win a game - got those players back and now on fire.

I'm on WC, but to be honest I don't think a loss on the road given the season you've had will have too much bearing on your season unless you get even more injuries.

I think winning close games is often the sign of a very good team (ie Hawthorn). My point would be that these games on form would have potentially indicated GWS losses. I thought that WB outpayed you and Cameron indicated that Rich was the better team on the day. I didn't see the Coll game.

Having especially close games at home against moderate opposition (Collingwood / Richmond) indicates to me that your massive injury list is dramatically impacting your form and this form has been masked somewhat but these miraculous come from behind victories. Sydney is similar but GWS depth looks better - lost a host of players and couldn't win a game - got those players back and now on fire.

I'm on WC, but to be honest I don't think a loss on the road given the season you've had will have too much bearing on your season unless you get even more injuries.
Thanks for the thoughtful comments. You are probably right, WCE are rightfully favourites.

But GWS still have a heck of a core and big games from Kelly & Shiel could easily drive a comfortable win.

WC thinking itll be a walkover and they get ambushed.

Can't see that happening after last weekend tbh.

Came in to see who replaces Lobb who's a massive out as he could have dominated against our backline. The broad consensus seems to be Himmelberg with someone like Patton giving Mummy a chop out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back