Preview Round 11, 2021: Gold Coast Suns v Hawthorn, 7:40pm 29th May, SCG (GAME REARRANGED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh I'm with you on Morris I rate him very highly, just thought we could probably keep Hanrahan in but in saying that and looking at the team I'd probably only have him in over either Morris or Howe anyway.
Not convinced Morris has as much toe as Hanrahan. If he’s going to apply more pressure it’ll be about focus and repeat efforts.

Not convinced Morris has as much toe as Hanrahan. If he’s going to apply more pressure it’ll be about focus and repeat efforts.
He isn't nearly as quick as Ollie, but Ollie doesn't use his pace or his 55kg frame to advantage &/or apply defensive pressure so may as well reward Morris' BH form.

He isn't nearly as quick as Ollie, but Ollie doesn't use his pace or his 55kg frame to advantage &/or apply defensive pressure so may as well reward Morris' BH form.
Not sure about that. Was the leading defensive pressure forward for us last week. He isn’t Rioli but he has improved his defensive work a lot this year.

ps we are going to miss omeara this week. 24 pressure acts and 11 tackles 😮
1622196103519.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about that. Was the leading defensive pressure forward for us last week. He isn’t Rioli but he has improved his defensive work a lot this year.

ps we are going to miss omeara this week. 24 pressure acts and 11 tackles 😮
View attachment 1139571
I'm happy that he's increased his effort & seemingly has far more appetite for defensive stuff than he used to (maybe due to increased fitness?) but an effective defensive side he doesn't have.

Pressure Acts is nice but sticking a tackle or affecting a possession chain multiple times would be handy.

I'm happy that he's increased his effort & seemingly has far more appetite for defensive stuff than he used to (maybe due to increased fitness?) but an effective defensive side he doesn't have.

Pressure Acts is nice but sticking a tackle or affecting a possession chain multiple times would be handy.
Yes I don’t think opponents are too worried when Hanrahan is in the vicinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back