Preview Round 15, 2023 : Gold Coast v Hawthorn, 4.40pm Sunday 25th, Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouldn’t mind Ward being used as the sub and MacKenzie getting a full game. Ward is too good to be running around in the 2nds and would gain more playing seniors, even if it’s limited minutes. Bramble would be the out for mine.

Not sure I agree. I think he’s gain more playing a full game against big bodies in the 2s and then coming in. Our midfield is working well and we’re not desperate for him. Give him the time to really build up and come back in full of confidence.

That said. I personally don’t think any game as sub is better than a full game in the 2s.

Said it before and I'll say it again, but, when was the last Time a team in the bottom three had players missing out on been named best 22/23 each week who deserve a spot ??? It's just something that really excites me going Frwd tbh . We will still lose games , maybe even get thrashed at times but you can just feel that it's not permanent.

Ain’t broke.

Out: Sicily
In: Frost

Simples
No surprise to me we only made the necessary change. Like for like. However the way the club explained the return of Frost was a bit odd.

McCartney suggesting:

“Frosty's physicality and intercept ability has been a real weapon for us across different stages this year”.

What does “across different stages of the year actually” mean?

Could have said, “when Frost plays physically and intercepts well, he’s been important to us” and leave it at that.

We all know he has been a genuine mix of trash and treasure this season. No point sugar coating it.

Anyhow we had to bring a big bodied defender back in, and otherwise it’s going well.

I genuinely think we will win this game.

No surprise to me we only made the necessary change. Like for like. However the way the club explained the return of Frost was a bit odd.

McCartney suggesting:

“Frosty's physicality and intercept ability has been a real weapon for us across different stages this year”.

What does “across different stages of the year actually” mean?

Could have said, “when Frost plays physically and intercepts well, he’s been important to us” and leave it at that.

We all know he has been a genuine mix of trash and treasure this season. No point sugar coating it.

Anyhow we had to bring a big bodied defender back in, and otherwise it’s going well.

I genuinely think we will win this game.
Sicily and Frost - Like for like 😂😂😂
To me they are polar opposites

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final 22. Frost in for Sicily.

Emg: Butler, DGB, Finn, Greene
Going by Sam's comments in this article on DGB, won't be surprised if DGB plays. Is that instead of Sicily or Scrim is the question for me.

“He’s just in the larger squad at this stage,” Mitchell said of the 21-year-old.

“He has done what is required and now it’s about opportunity. With Sicily out we’d expect him to be in sooner rather than later.

“The last month he’s taken that next step with his progress, he’s been able to defend well and now he’s starting to take a few more intercepts and play with a little bit more of that natural freedom that he was drafted for.

“We put a few building blocks in, scaffolded a few of his other skills and now it’s about time for him to start really stepping into that role. We’ve given him a bit more freedom so hopefully it all comes together for him over the next week or three.”

Jeka out of the Box Hill line up on Sunday. Left the track early after having work done on his hamstring at the main training session on Thursday.

I honestly feel like this is the first time in about 5 years where we have picked a team that doesn't contain any "passengers", that is older players past their prime playing on reputation (i.e Stratts last couple of years) or young players being played purely for development (i.e. DGBs first two years).

Every player in the 22 is in form and knows that if their form drops even a little their is at least 5 quality players playing for Box Hill who can take their spot.

That to me is a sign of a team taking a big step in maturity and will make us a lot more consistent team week on week.

Sicily and Frost - Like for like 😂😂😂
To me they are polar opposites
What - so apparently one of them is a small forward who brings tackle pressure and can go through the midfield and a break the lines as a goal kicking mid? 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back