Preview Round 15, 2023 : Gold Coast v Hawthorn, 4.40pm Sunday 25th, Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only change I want is frost in for Sicily. I don’t want Fergus Greene or Finn. DGB I don’t mind but I’d rather frost.

The extended bench is picked to have cover for as many positions as possible in case there's an injury last minute. Greene is cover for the forwards because there is no one else we could bring in with any match fitness if either Lewis or Kosi go down between now and final selection.

Anyone panicking about him playing can take a breath.

Not against both Frost and DGB coming in. Suns have a reasonably tall trio up front in Casboult, King and Lukosius. Would be asking for one of Weddle or Scrimshaw to play a fair way outside their weight division if we only play two key backs.

The extended bench is picked to have cover for as many positions as possible in case there's an injury last minute. Greene is cover for the forwards because there is no one else we could bring in with any match fitness if either Lewis or Kosi go down between now and final selection.

Anyone panicking about him playing can take a breath.
Not sure why anyone should be panicking at the thought of Greene playing. He was excellent in his first few games. His form collapsed when Lewis came in for whatever reason but he's perfectly capable of being a useful presence up forward.

Not sure why anyone should be panicking at the thought of Greene playing. He was excellent in his first few games. His form collapsed when Lewis came in for whatever reason but he's perfectly capable of being a useful presence up forward.
I agree, if he comes in I'd be relatively unbothered; however, there are clearly people panicking about him playing, how his form doesn't warrant it bla bla, so that's why I posted.

Finn will likely end up being the carryover emergency - which means he won't play on Sunday. Sam said at the presser today Ward was on limited game time at Box Hill and they want him to get a full game under his belt.
Yep, but * he’s been good. Had 28 and a goal last week in limited minutes, he’s just classes above that level. Been way more impressive than even some experience in Morrison. Ball use by hand & foot, work rate and intensity and ability to find the footy. Stoppage work been good to get him around it.

Yep, but * he’s been good. Had 28 and a goal last week in limited minutes, he’s just classes above that level. Been way more impressive than even some experience in Morrison. Ball use by hand & foot, work rate and intensity and ability to find the footy. Stoppage work been good to get him around it.
I was responding to people asking why he wasn't back in this week. Sam said he is going to play a full VFL game. Not doubting he's playing well, but he's in a similar position to Morrison, Hustwaite and Long who have put in consistent good form. Sam said at the presser yesterday that those guys would get a run of it in the back of the season

Unfortunately for Fergus, he's not pushing out Breust,Moore,Brocky,Butler or CMac on current form.
As suggested earlier,he's named as insurance cover. If he gets a run he'll give 100% for sure.

I was responding to people asking why he wasn't back in this week. Sam said he is going to play a full VFL game. Not doubting he's playing well, but he's in a similar position to Morrison, Hustwaite and Long who have put in consistent good form. Sam said at the presser yesterday that those guys would get a run of it in the back of the season
The team is playing well. They will get their shot if we need to rest someone or if there is an injury or loss of form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately for Fergus, he's not pushing out Breust,Moore,Brocky,Butler or CMac on current form.
As suggested earlier,he's named as insurance cover. If he gets a run he'll give 100% for sure.
Moore and CMac can always spend more time in the mid, allowing the likes of Greene to have a run. 5.0 goals against top side Brisbane may have given Greene some much needed confidence after his form slump.

Wouldn’t mind Ward being used as the sub and MacKenzie getting a full game. Ward is too good to be running around in the 2nds and would gain more playing seniors, even if it’s limited minutes. Bramble would be the out for mine.

We can win this. Show Ben King what he can be apart of.

The only change I want is frost in for Sicily. I don’t want Fergus Greene or Finn. DGB I don’t mind but I’d rather frost.
I’m the exact opposite. The only change I don’t want to see is Frost in. He is not our future and as the Port game showed we were better when he wasn’t in the backline, even though we were missing Sicily.

How is it that Connor MacDonald is named on our 8 player interchange after receiving most coaches votes for the previous game??? Surely you name him on the park.
Means nothing. The players would know if they are playing

I’m the exact opposite. The only change I don’t want to see is Frost in. He is not our future and as the Port game showed we were better when he wasn’t in the backline, even though we were missing Sicily.
Players like vandenburg and dixon played in our sides before we went to win a permiership. Its all part of gradually weening off experience as we get more games into our kids 16 of them have not played 50 games and we have sub 10 gamers in the backline. Its why frost will lineup there

So sub already decided? Thought that would have been decided closer to game day, obviously you know a lot more on the inside workings of the club than me.
Yeah sub would be decided on already. If there was circumstances dictating a possible change in sub (inclement weather, possible late changes) they would be flexible. But from my knowledge of another club, the sub is decided at match committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back