Game Day Round 15, 2023 : Gold Coast v Hawthorn, 4.40pm, Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That’s because we live in Queenslanders. By design, you can see bare earth through the floorboards.

The humidity/climate isn’t a factor and I’d wish people would stop complaining about. Work rate and decision making is why we are losing.
Mate my heater is set to 18 in winter. The conditions don’t explain the score but they’re a factor and to suggest it isn’t is quite frankly daft. One team can practise in these conditions every day of the week. One can’t. Simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks total inability to clear D50 irresepctive of circumstances implies that we are getting outcoached here.

Sure Witts and their midfield are dominating, but once inside their F50 we can't transition the ball out at all.
The smart options have gone away.
There's no extra handball to draw a defender (just clearing dumps)

Scrimshaw has been pathetic today. We also desperately need Ward back after today.

He’s gone back to what caused him to get dropped. He needs to do more than just lope off half back 5 times a game and take a few marks. Birch was a nasty bastard as well as being a great half back - Scrim showed against Brisbane he can do the rough stuff but now needs to be consistent.

I know it’s not our MO right now but we desperately need a senior defender in the Hodge to Brisbane mould to help out down there

No hawthorn coaches will be blaming effort by itself.

Range of issues have been clear.
Please explain. Surely effort is fundamental. It is fundamental to most other things. I know you hate me saying it, but effort is fundamental. Effort makes it easier to do other things.

And please do not come back saying age is an excuse.

He’s gone back to what caused him to get dropped. He needs to do more than just lope off half back 5 times a game and take a few marks. Birch was a nasty bastard as well as being a great half back - Scrim showed against Brisbane he can do the rough stuff but now needs to be consistent.

I know it’s not our MO right now but we desperately need a senior defender in the Hodge to Brisbane mould to help out down there

We have one in Sicily.

Dylan Moore is exhausted. You could see it then. That shows that the conditions have had some sort of effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back