Preview Round 15, 2023 : Gold Coast v Hawthorn, 4.40pm Sunday 25th, Heritage Bank Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortuitously, the mother of my children had already booked a family holiday to Brisbane, starting Saturday before the game.

I didn't notice the fixture until yesterday...She's already said she will happily have a drive down to the Gold Coast on the Sunday, and drop me off at the game.

Yay for me!!!

EDIT: Changes - Only Ward for Bramble, DGB for Sicily if the worst happens tonight...

Fortuitously, the mother of my children had already booked a family holiday to Brisbane, starting Saturday before the game.

I didn't notice the fixture until yesterday...She's already said she will happily have a drive down to the Gold Coast on the Sunday, and drop me off at the game.

Yay for me!!!

EDIT: Changes - Only Ward for Bramble, DGB for Sicily if the worst happens tonight...

Enjoy the game - I personally find it a good ground to be a spectator at. Being in a t-shirt and shorts at the footy feels so bizarre but it’s so worth going to.

Hope we can bring that same intensity we’ve had the last couple of weeks, but to be honest expecting the worst. They’ll want to bank this one pretty badly

I'm interested to see the boys in the gym on social media. What does our bye look like as far as players getting time off? Is it mandatory 4 days or is that wrong? Could just be a long weekend for the guys coming up here I suppose.

I'm interested to see the boys in the gym on social media. What does our bye look like as far as players getting time off? Is it mandatory 4 days or is that wrong? Could just be a long weekend for the guys coming up here I suppose.
Will Day said that some of the team are off to Darwin on a cultural awareness trip.

Can't help but endorse this from the club.

IN: Jiath, Frost

OUT: Bramble (omitted), Sicily (suspended)

B: Hardwick, Blanck, Jiath

HB: Scrimshaw, Frost, Impey

C: Amon, Worpel, Day

HF: Moore, Koschitzke, MacDonald

F: Breust, Lewis, Brockman

R: Reeves, Newcombe, Nash

INT: MacKenzie, Weddle, Meek, Mitchell, Butler (Sub)

EMG: Morrison, Wingard, Grainger-Barras, Ward

Will Day said that some of the team are off to Darwin on a cultural awareness trip.

Can't help but endorse this from the club.

Haha, sounds better than half of them going to the Gold Coast on the piss for a week last year. Would've been fun though tbf.

Enjoy the game - I personally find it a good ground to be a spectator at. Being in a t-shirt and shorts at the footy feels so bizarre but it’s so worth going to.

Hope we can bring that same intensity we’ve had the last couple of weeks, but to be honest expecting the worst. They’ll want to bank this one pretty badly

It’s winter up here it’s bloody cold!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the list of the highest-rated players by age in season 2023, based on average player ratings according to AFLCentral.
Age of December 31st, 2023. minimum of 10 games played.
I think it tells a pretty good story about where both sides are. We both have five players listed overall. Gold Coast's young talent is a bit older, with Ballard, Lukosius, Rowell, and Anderson all being drafted in 2017, '18, and '19, respectively, while ours is on the younger end, with both Worpel and Nash being the experienced heads in our midfield at just 24. Both sides clearly have some of the most elite young talent going around, but Gold Coast probably has more prominent names due to how dreadful they were in the late 2010s, resulting in higher picks.
I'm expecting Gold Coast to beat us, but it should be a good contest between two of the most talented young sides in the league, with one being slightly more experienced than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back