Preview Round 7, 2023 : Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat April 29th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly Simon Crawshay is an anagram for ‘Onya Scrimshaw’ 🧐
Chevy Chase Community GIF

Wingard had 16 touches last week 8 of which were contested, 5 tackles, 3 clearances and 17 pressure acts. Not exactly getting dropped with those numbers.
That game is his outlier for the season so far. He puts in another poor one or fails to run out the match once again got to be under the microscope. We have small forwards we need to give games to so will be a tipping point with Wingard if he fails to perform where our longer term objectives will kick in and he may be out of the side.

I'm not sure you can equate a 10 possession, 3 goal game from Cyril to a 3 possession DGB game.

And I'm sure that when Cyril had a 3 possession game it would be a pretty ordinary game by his standards.

What you are by default saying that if DGB had a good game on the weekend with a 3 possession game then he can reproduce the same output every week and consider that a satisfactory output?

We need to stay to benchmark all our players against industry standards.

It's why our midfield is doing much better now, players like Nash, Worpel, Newk are pumping out numbers not to dissimilar to those from prime midfields like Melbourne, Bulldogs, etc.

Now we need to make sure our forward line, back line and rucks lift their output as well.

There is nothing to controversial about this viewpoint, I feel like Sam is thinking very much along the same lines given the recent ins and outs.
You clearly stated you liked stats because they weren’t open to interpretation.

Which is odd.

Almost like saying - no point actually watching the game to see who played well, just give you the stat sheet at the end and you tell us all yourself off the raw kicks/handballs/marks.

Can Hawthorn members just scan in?
My son is a Dunstall member but ticketmaster want $48 to reserve a seat?
That can't be right surely - it's a replacement game isn't it?

Thanks for any help.

Fair to say this thread took some skimming through to find anything other than a whole lot of bulldust comments on who’s opinion mattered the most.

Kudos on skimming and not petulantly demanding that moderators curate the thread to your liking as I have seen way too many times here.

Fair to say this thread took some skimming through to find anything other than a whole lot of bulldust comments on who’s opinion mattered the most.

I won't disagree that Chad has some question marks on him but it was his first game all year where he wasn't injured during it or used as a sub. His first 3 games this year he played 59%, 44% and 32% of the game for those reasons. And he did it a week after being in hospital and having surgery so my hat is off to him for putting in the effort he did considering the circumstances.

In the last 3 games, Greene's disposal counts were 10, 9 and 8. Does that qualify as getting the job done?
They look like Rioli's stats, god he was awful when you think about it.

Can Hawthorn members just scan in?
My son is a Dunstall member but ticketmaster want $48 to reserve a seat?
That can't be right surely - it's a replacement game isn't it?

Thanks for any help.
Yes scan in with membership and sit in GA. Will be L3 in that shithole of a stadium but will still be good to see there.

My 2c re DGB (because what we need are more posts on this topic from people with as little football knowledge or inside knowledge as me):

• he was previously going too hard on the rebound and having goals kicked on him
  • he went back to BH and improved his defensive side
  • he got promoted and did a good job defensively (no goals and fewest marks this season or last to his opponent)
  • but he got the balance wrong and was too defensive and did not intercept enough
  • he is going back to BH to work on it

So, he can do both parts of his job, but hasn’t got the balance right yet. Give him time. When he comes good, he will be excellent
That's not half bad analysis actually 👍

I wonder if the club could get Gibbo back to tutor DGB in this balance.

Gibbo to me was probably the best defensively/offensively balanced Backman I have ever seen.

He would lead the season in spoils (The Golden Fist himself) yet could wrack up 40 possession games.

Imagine if DGB could get even halfway to that kind of output, he'd be a totally different player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not half bad analysis actually 👍

I wonder if the club could get Gibbo back to tutor DGB in this balance.

Gibbo to me was probably the best defensively/offensively balanced Backman I have ever seen.

He would lead the season in spoils (The Golden Fist himself) yet could wrack up 40 possession games.

Imagine if DGB could get even halfway to that kind of output, he'd be a totally different player.

Gibbo is sadly coaching at Norf I think.

Apologies if this has already been answered, but can members just scan to get in tomorrow? I can't find any info about where our replacement seating is.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

My 2c re DGB (because what we need are more posts on this topic from people with as little football knowledge or inside knowledge as me):

• he was previously going too hard on the rebound and having goals kicked on him
  • he went back to BH and improved his defensive side
  • he got promoted and did a good job defensively (no goals and fewest marks this season or last to his opponent)
  • but he got the balance wrong and was too defensive and did not intercept enough
  • he is going back to BH to work on it

So, he can do both parts of his job, but hasn’t got the balance right yet. Give him time. When he comes good, he will be excellent

a46065c2a64c099c0dfd84943cbfa17d.gif

Ramsdens is taller so he is better.
Let’s just cool the jets. Kid has some way to go. I hope we persist.

Lewis is playing his first game since last year, so likewise, again, let’s cool the jets.

As long as they are both trying, I have no problem with how long it takes and how long they need time working together. Let’s just manage our expectations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back