Preview Round 11, 2024 : Hawks v Lions, 1:10pm Sunday 26th May, Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. Much like many of our players late in the game he was pressured with ball in hand. We did the same to port for most of the day too.

5 turnover from 6 touches, most due to how slow he was once he got it.

Coming in as sub and not being up to the speed of the game is no excuse, he’s had 285 games to get up to speed.

If any other player produced his performance they’d be at Box Hill next week, and all our young players know that - he can’t be an exception.

I love Breust as much as anyone, but he’s been absolutely dreadful in all 4 appearances.

Coming in as sub and not being up to the speed of the game is no excuse, he’s had 285 games to get up to speed.

If any other player produced his performance they’d be at Box Hill next week, and all our young players know that - he can’t be an exception.

I love Breust as much as anyone, but he’s been absolutely dreadful in all 4 appearances.
He simply hasn’t been dreadful in all 4 appearances.

Calm down on the hyperbole.

I wonder if Mitch is fit if we will give Dear a spell. Has been battered from pillar from post and seems to be running off fumes after half time every game (still keeps presenting though, all heart this kid)
Lewis isn’t fit this week. Unlikely to see him for a few weeks yet.

They want his knee to settle and then they will build him up again.

I don’t think he’s been that bad. 4 games, 2 as sub, hard to get a handle on where he is at. We all got swamped last night so it’s unfair to single him out on that. Ports pressure was insane.

He was All Australian squad last year, I’d say he’s given every chance to recapture that.

I don’t think he’s been that bad. 4 games, 2 as sub, hard to get a handle on where he is at. We all got swamped last night so it’s unfair to single him out on that. Ports pressure was insane.

He was All Australian squad last year, I’d say he’s given every chance to recapture that.
I don't mind giving him a chance to re-capture - we are better with him playing fit, just do it at BH.

we'd have been an outside chance at the MCG, too bad we are not allowed to play our home games at home lol.
Scrimshaw in for Serong, Sicily might play, but don't count on it. If he does, Phillips might be the unlucky one, particularly with the white Buddy out suspended. If Ryan plays, Phillips would be a good match.
Really looking forward to seeing Mitchell play on Cameron.
Chad and DGB still a long way off, post bye at the very earliest.
I wonder if Finn plays to go to Neale, he hates a tag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Hipwood is a plus for the Lions…

We should be hurting after that abomination yesterday… hopefully it fuels us as the useless Tiges have played these guys into form…and the AFL have done their usual fecking of us scheduling this one at Marvel when they know Brissy are s**t at the G

If no other injuries I’d be saying off the top of my head:
In Sicily and Scrim
Out Breust and Serong

Be great to see Sicily finally freed up if we play two key defenders

B Mitchell Frost Scrim
HB Sicily Phillips Impey
C Jiath Newcombe Amon
HF MacDonald Chol Moore
F Hardwick Dear Ginnivan
R Meek Nash Day
Int Weddle Worpel Mackenzie D’Ambrosio
Sub Watson

We only get two games at the g each year.

They league isn't giving us an advantage this week, just making sure we are disadvantaged during finals.

No idea which lions team will turn up this week, but the tigers game is a huge confidence boost.

We only get two games at the g each year.

They league isn't giving us an advantage this week, just making sure we are disadvantaged during finals.

No idea which lions team will turn up this week, but the tigers game is a huge confidence boost.
Confidence boost sure, but it could also go the other way with the side getting complacent and being front runners.

IN:
Scrimshaw
Sicily

OUT:
Breust
Serong (unlucky)

Not sure who drops to sub. Maybe MacDonald?

Mackenzie was dangerous playing off the wing and HFF. Maybe he can spend some more time on the ground and cover for MacDonald, with CJ spending more time on the ground too.

Backline:

Sicily - Phillips - Scrimshaw
Impey - Frost - Mitchell

Sicily is freed up to be aggressive. With Weddle, Amon (hopefully spending more time further afield) rotating through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back