Preview Round 11, 2024 : Hawks v Lions, 1:10pm Sunday 26th May, Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to move on from Bruest and Gunston. They no longer improve our team. Insurance only, they can mentor the kids at Box Hill, then a farewell game @ MCG round 23.

In - Scrim, Finn (to tag Neale)
Out - Serong, Bruest
Wizard to sub.

If z Sicily is fit, maybe Weddle could do with a week off.
Weddle isn't going out.

Sicily & Scrimshaw lock.

Outs:

Sam Mitchell - horrendous coaching performance for the last 40 minutes which cost us the game (emotional statement but still true)
Bruest - hurts to say this because he has been a true champion of the club but he is cooked. The game has gone past him speed wise and he hasnt applied forward pressure for the past 3 years
Serong - unlucky but just needs to keep chipping away at Box Hill and will get other opportunities

Ins:

Brett Ratten - just like Jeffrey wanted to do with Clarko, give Mitch a spell!
Sicily - as many have mentioned, with Phillips and Frost locking down, should see him freed up
Scrimshaw - after a slow burn has finally found the consistently which we have been looking for

Serong has been solid but don’t quite trust him yet. Little fumbles that put him and thee defence under pressure. He goes out for scrimshaw.

Is sicily good to go? That puts a real squeeze on - would really love phillips to stay in for a block of games but maybe he is unlucky.

Want to see bruest for 4 quarters now that his body is supposedly right. Some forget how good the guy was just last year.

If Sicily is good to go time to be brave and bold and provide our mids with some serious targets up forward. Scrimshaw comes into defence…keep Philips in for structure at CHB which allows scrimshaw to intercept.

I’d Play Sicily forward to ease some pressure off Dear. And structure up so at all times during the game we have 3 of Chol / Dear / Sicily / Hardwick up forward to be able to provide a real marking presence in the forward line. Which then allows the smalls to do their thing of providing pressure.

We have nothing to lose.

G'day hawks fans.

Genuinely astonished at the odds for this one. $3.20 for the hawks! We haven't beaten you since 2019. And out of all your wins last year's, the most recent, was the most convincing.

We do have a much better record at docklands. But your last game there was excellent.

Scrimshaw back who i rate. I assume Sicily back, or is there some concern with the shoulder?

Finn Maginness would be a smart inclusion because Neale is still crucial to us and is taggable, and Maginness is one of the better taggers around. is he out of favour or does he just tend to come in to the side to do a job and then make way if there isn't a natural tag?

Watching the Sydney game i was wondering if Mitchell was in trouble. well the hawks have been excellent in the 3 weeks since.

i guess there is some interest in how you come back from the heartbreaking loss. but given you are still not realistically aiming for finals it would surely be a good feeling once the dust has settled to have played that well, and without sicily and mitchell. Worth nothing last year no Siciliy v Port and got pumped, this year very different. and both times you play us the week after.

anyway should be a good match, hawks play a pretty attacking style, lions this year trying to pick through opponents. i'm hoping we are at least not lethargic or complacent, how could we be given we are your bunnies!

Making short confident comments doesn’t make them correct.

His best game by a long way was round 1, 12 touches and kicked 0.2.

He’s been caught holding the ball as many times than he’s kicked at goal since then. We can’t keep him in the team now based on footy he produced last year.
Bruest has been a champion but it's painfully obvious that the game has gone past him. Its not a slight on him to say this, AFL is a brutal comp and even a small drop off will put you behind the pack very quickly.

It will be interesting to see how Sam handles Gunners and Bruest for the remainder of the year being old preimership teammates of his. Mind you Sam has never struck me as a sentimental sort so I'm sure he will make the right call.

Outs:

Sam Mitchell - horrendous coaching performance for the last 40 minutes which cost us the game (emotional statement but still true)
Bruest - hurts to say this because he has been a true champion of the club but he is cooked. The game has gone past him speed wise and he hasnt applied forward pressure for the past 3 years
Serong - unlucky but just needs to keep chipping away at Box Hill and will get other opportunities

Ins:

Brett Ratten - just like Jeffrey wanted to do with Clarko, give Mitch a spell!
Sicily - as many have mentioned, with Phillips and Frost locking down, should see him freed up
Scrimshaw - after a slow burn has finally found the consistently which we have been looking for
Is this a troll or just a really shit post?

I can’t decide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ins: Sicily, Scrimshaw
Outs: Phillips, Serong
Sub: MacDonald

Phillips very harsh to miss out after proving he belongs. Strongly considered adding Maginness but having a mosquito fleet of Ginnivan, Moore, Breust and Watson is too damn exciting not to play alongside Dear, Chol and Hardwick.

I'm really looking forward to seeing if we can get the right #@&^% guy as sub for once!
Weren’t happy with Punky coming on and kicking our last goal of the game in a 5pt win?

Bruest has been a champion but it's painfully obvious that the game has gone past him. Its not a slight on him to say this, AFL is a brutal comp and even a small drop off will put you behind the pack very quickly.

It will be interesting to see how Sam handles Gunners and Bruest for the remainder of the year being old preimership teammates of his. Mind you Sam has never struck me as a sentimental sort so I'm sure he will make the right call.

Breust has looked well off the pace so far this season.

Though he started slowly last season too (8 goals in 6 games) and then ended up finishing really strongly. Maybe he's just easing into this season too?

The biggest difference is we now have Watson and Ginnivan who should both be playing, so there isn't a guaranteed spot for Breust in the side. He may not get the chance to play consistently and work into the season.

Breust has looked well off the pace so far this season.

Though he started slowly last season too (8 goals in 6 games) and then ended up finishing really strongly. Maybe he's just easing into this season too?

The biggest difference is we now have Watson and Ginnivan who should both be playing, so there isn't a guaranteed spot for Breust in the side. He may not get the chance to play consistently and work into the season.
The biggest difference now between Bruest and Watson/Ginnivan is that Watson and Ginnivan are still contributing in other ways apart from kicking goals.

Ginni is working really hard up the ground and getting very decent possession numbers for a forward pocket and Watson is providing good forward pressure.

Bruest has been able to provide any forward pressure for five years now and he's never been a big possession winner.

Of course that wouldn't matter if he could still kick 2 goals a game but if he can't do that consistently then we ar essentially carrying him in the team.

Sadly it’s got to the point where when considering team changes, Lewis doesn’t even come to mind.
Might aswell just send Lewis in for the knee cleanup and get him right for next year- he’s going to be proppy on it all year anyway…
Give Dear an extended run - Hardwick is filling in nicely too…

Might aswell just send Lewis in for the knee cleanup and get him right for next year- he’s going to be proppy on it all year anyway…
Give Dear an extended run - Hardwick is filling in nicely too…
This should've been done a month ago.
He's clearly a confidence player, and if he lacks confidence in his body, he cannot perform.

Time to move on from Bruest and Gunston. They no longer improve our team. Insurance only, they can mentor the kids at Box Hill, then a farewell game @ MCG round 23.

In - Scrim, Finn (to tag Neale)
Out - Serong, Bruest
Wizard to sub.

If z Sicily is fit, maybe Weddle could do with a week off.
Weddle could do with a week off... why?

This should've been done a month ago.
He's clearly a confidence player, and if he lacks confidence in his body, he cannot perform.
I’m not sure it’s anything structurally operable?

I tend to be in the camp where I agree some players just can’t mentally accept not being 100%. Burgs trained according to the state of his knees and found ways to stay fit enough and strong enough to have major impact.

Some blokes can carry stuff… some can’t.

I’ve worked with dozens of players who managed major knee soreness and still got on the park on match day.

Chol off a PCL… limited preseason and I’m sure weekly major soreness is still putting himself out there… and having to carry a burden of being the number 1 key forward when he was never recruited to be such. (Yet our supporters have the gall to mock and boo him… DISGRACEFUL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back