Review Round 12, 2017 - Brisbane Lions vs. Fremantle

Who were your five best players against Freo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching snippets while I wait for the replay, but how disgusting did that ground look??? The entire ground was patchy as, and there was bits of turf flying everywhere.

What did Mr Kevin "Doing it for the Ashes" Mitchell Jr decide to returf the entire ground last weekend?

And the backline as well. Our composure and ability to link up and create overlapping run was a massive step ahead of where we've been in the past.
Agreed. I think a big factor was the work done up the ground. There something like 30 less entries into our defensive 50m arch than compared to two weeks ago against Collingwood. Not a suprise that our young backline were more composed and provided more run when they weren't under siege.

Heard from a poster here how knows them, but apparently Hugh and Jarrod were pinching themseves that they coudn't believe they got drafted together. I think they are definity mates. I dont know if they are best mates but who cares. The whole point is for them to feel moe comfortabe over here. Achieved. Yes our retention strategy isn't solved but so far so good.

P.s sorry for spelling erros and s**t, keyboard is acting up
Can understand your skepticism but in this case it isn't just clever marketing,
Apparently they share underwear, so they're presumably pretty close haha

http://www.lions.com.au/video/2017-04-21/locker-talk-bad-habits at about 4 mins in
Sweet. Sounds good to me. Obviously still not all of our retention issues solved, but hey, if it helps them stick around, I'm all for it.

Edit: That wasn't specifically about the "sharing underwear" thing... That's a bit odd... But I suppose, to each their own...

Sweet. Sounds good to me. Obviously still not all of our retention issues solved, but hey, if it helps them stick around, I'm all for it.

Edit: That wasn't specifically about the "sharing underwear" thing... That's a bit odd... But I suppose, to each their own...[/QUOTE]

Or in that case; each to each other's?

Agreed. I think a big factor was the work done up the ground. There something like 30 less entries into our defensive 50m arch than compared to two weeks ago against Collingwood. Not a suprise that our young backline were more composed and provided more run when they weren't under siege.

Fagan touched on this in his presser.

If the work is being done accurately and good decisions made up the field, the poor old much maligned backline doesn't have to deal with a continual barrage of ball coming back the other way because of horrible turnovers.

It really is a whole of team thing.

Only got near internet access today for the first time for a while.

I went for Beams, Zorko, Robertson, Taylor and Barrett as the big 5 this week.

Beams- Showing what a great leader he is, an inspired move by Fagan and his team mates.
Zorko- A true A+/elite player in the competition now, just tremendous.
Robertson- Our most improved player this year, no longer panics and is oozing confidence, in a word fantastic.
Taylor/Barrett- Both did a great job in the small forward rolls.
Berry- He is a clutch player, reminds me very much of Jono Brown the way he goes about it.
Harwood- I think his role up forward was under valued, played a great game from my viewing.

I am very keen for us to keep playing Rhys Matheison in the firsts, IMO he will improve significantly with time similar to Nick Robertson, the Beast Mode will be a gun for us in the future.

Harwood- I think his role up forward was under valued, played a great game from my viewing.

Definitely. He seems to find extra pace if he gets to hurt someone. Watching Rhino and Barrett hunting in packs up forward was fun.

I also meant to mention in my above post, what about Nick Robertsons crunching tackle on some poor dockers player that wouldn't have been out of place in the rugby league SOO. WOW.

I've been trying to find it without watching the whole game again so I can link it, it was down the gate 2 end and IIRC it was in the last quarter. We felt it up in section 74.

Definitely. He seems to find extra pace if he gets to hurt someone. Watching Rhino and Barrett hunting in packs up forward was fun.

Seemed to be able to lock the ball more in our forward half with Harwood and Barrett playing forward compared to just Barrett. Think Harwood has saved his career if he can keep playing like he did against Freo. Much more effective in that role than Bell has been.

105afd7e5536396597eb92503e4f5842.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not surprised to see in the medical report rockliff was very nervous about the shoulder. Hopefully has more confidence and goes in hard at stoppages again.
I didnt mind his game though. He may not have got as much of the ball but i think he used it a bit more intelligently. Was more inclined to handball if someone was in a better position. Rather than just kick it long in hope. Hopefully more of the same this week and build some more confidence in the shoulder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also meant to mention in my above post, what about Nick Robertsons crunching tackle on some poor dockers player that wouldn't have been out of place in the rugby league SOO. WOW.

I've been trying to find it without watching the whole game again so I can link it, it was down the gate 2 end and IIRC it was in the last quarter. We felt it up in section 74.
thenug-q0mNNnEP0V.gif

Not surprised to see in the medical report rockliff was very nervous about the shoulder. Hopefully has more confidence and goes in hard at stoppages again.
In the 2nd quarter just in front of me he pulled out of a contest (stepped right out of the way instead of confronting the oncoming player at the 50 and let the player take a shot and goal. Very poor look. This may have been the reason?

Just found it. Q4, with about 12m50s left on the clock. Robbo was standing beside Bradley Hill (edit: got my players wrong) off the boundary throw in, and lined Michael Walters up from about 10m away as the ball dropped. Beautiful.

In the 2nd quarter just in front of me he pulled out of a contest (stepped right out of the way instead of confronting the oncoming player at the 50 and let the player take a shot and goal. Very poor look. This may have been the reason?
If you ever have had shoulder issues you can understand why ,very painful.
You only had to watch Ablett when he came back after his injury.
Very tentative.

Entire game he was cautious. You could see he didn't want to tackle or risk it which I think was ok.

Wait... Fagan has appointed someone who only averaged 0.3 goals a game and only kicked 10 goals or more twice in thirteen seasons as a forwards coach?

What a ******* joke of a club we are.

Wait... Fagan has appointed someone who only averaged 0.3 goals a game and only kicked 10 goals or more twice in thirteen seasons as a forwards coach?

What a ******* joke of a club we are.

Could you make a case that J Brown would know how *he* works as a forward but M Michael would know who all sorts of forwards play and how to stop them and what things are hard to defend against?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back