Autopsy Round 12, 2020 vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep Pep can hold his head up high. At times he seemed the only Port player that cared out there.

Butters & Ladhams too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, we haven't had too many games this season where teams have been able to completely stop us like that.

Every team so far has had a 'WTAbsoluteF' game. This was ours. No one looked right. We will be better, this team has looked better this year.

The only real disappointment was a 14% drop. We all kinda knew a loss was coming.

We've been hiding our true strategy for 16 years now. The rest of the clubs won't know what hit them when we unleash our true power on them.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this feeling that if you'd put all our players in Geelong jumpers and had them coached by Scott and put all the Geelong players in Port jumpers and had them coached by Hinkley, the blokes in Geelong jumpers coached by Scott would have won.

It sure is .. this happens a lot to Charlie .. I hope Port sends a please explain to Umpires Boss, why he does not get free kicks for this.

Could be argued over the shoulder also, depends what was first

On the Dicko front. Everyone seems to be ignoring his soft hit early, pretty much broke his nose. I'm sure he was inconvenienced during the game. Luckily it deserved a free kick!

the same Scott who keeps bombing out in finals. Inherited a generational squad and was gift the 2011 flag on cruise control, doing nothing since with a massive home ground advantage.

he isn’t that good.
I agree, he isn't that good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His postgame conference was really humble and down-to-earth, though.

Scott generally comes across as level-headed and articulate in post press conferences. The Geelong board aren't fond of him as he doesn't take them to the next level and win flags, but hes a controlled flow of arrogance and sensible for me.

Coached by Leigh Matthews as a player, I think hes been infused with his same coaching nous. Last year declared Richmond as beatable and infered Cameron as an overrated player. Neither didn't really work, but its a somewhat subtle message for his players to feed off of.

Our coach over credits the opposition, does the lovable country bogan act after we're flogged. I never feel theres any sophistication or calculated intent to anything he says or does.

Scott generally comes across as level-headed and articulate in post press conferences. The Geelong board aren't fond of him as he doesn't take them to the next level and win flags, but hes a controlled flow of arrogance and sensible for me.

Coached by Leigh Matthews as a player, I think hes been infused with his same coaching nous. Last year declared Richmond as beatable and infered Cameron as an overrated player. Neither didn't really work, but its a somewhat subtle message for his players to feed off of.

Our coach over credits the opposition, does the lovable country bogan act after we're flogged. I never feel theres any sophistication or calculated intent to anything he says or does.
To be successful, it’s necessary both humility and arrogance. It’s a difficult balance, but, for instance, Fos got it right in the ‘Creed’.

Hardwick must be the biggest over-creditor coach currently going around with his statement after last week’s match saying Port plays footy the right way and is one of only a few sides he would pay to go and watch.

Hardwick must be the biggest over-creditor coach currently going around with his statement after last week’s match saying Port plays footy the right way and is one of only a few sides he would pay to go and watch.

Hardwick's playing into some false modesty or just simply having a soft spot for his old club where he bookended his playing career with a flag.

Hardwick also wouldn't compare and contrast his team's performance by saying they were harder and tougher for longer. He acknowledged a contrasting game style to his own that was fluid and attractive when done right.

Would you rather we play watchable footy or winning footy?

Give me an old school "too old, too slow" Port GF slogging win over a flashy , skillful North Adelaide minor round heroes, GF zeroes any day.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Give me an old school "too old, too slow" Port GF slogging win over a flashy , skillful North Adelaide minor round heroes, GF zeroes any day.

With the exception of Sydney's dour style this millennium, what team has won the flag playing boring, uninspiring footy?

The best teams have always won playing the game the right way.

Yeah I don’t think we were playing, nor was he referring to us playing, a flashy Nth Adel type of game after last week’s game.

Hardwick's playing into some false modesty or just simply having a soft spot for his old club where he bookended his playing career with a flag.

Hardwick also wouldn't compare and contrast his team's performance by saying they were harder and tougher for longer. He acknowledged a contrasting game style to his own that was fluid and attractive when done right.
It was fluid and attractive when it needed to be and was brutal and efficient at other times during last week’s game. That’s what made Fri night’s game so bitterly disappointing.

Hardwick praises the opposition as a message to his players of what they need to work on and what level they need to play at. Hinkley praises the opposition as a (implied) message to our players that losing is ok. Context / attitude is everything in similar messages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back