Review Round 12, 2023 vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Be interesting to see how the coaches votes go. I reckon Rozee was BOG this week. He seemed the most damaging with the ball in hand this week.

interesting must went something like this
Coach 1:
Finlayson 5
Rozee 4
Butters 3
Houston 2
Worpel 1

Coach 2:
Houston 5
Rozee 4
Rioli 3
Breust 2
Butters 1
The same coach would've given votes to Breust and Worpel, because there's no way that someone considers Worpel worth votes, but not Luke Breust's 5 goal effort.

Also Harsh on Hot Toddy. Kicks 5 and doesn't get votes unlike Breust and Finlayson. And Rioli kicked 4...

The same coach would've given votes to Breust and Worpel, because there's no way that someone considers Worpel worth votes, but not Luke Breust's 5 goal effort.
I dunno.

Could see both coaches giving 4 Port players votes recognising that the game that was over at half time because of Port's domination and the second half was all about player management from a Port perspective.

From my view Worpel was up and about in that first half at least making Butters accountable in the stoppages while just about every other Hawks player around him were traffic cones so he gets a vote. Breust's goal haul is worth recognition albeit on the back of Port putting the cue in the rack.

I reckon the votes would have been dished out this like:

Sam Mitchell

5. Finlayson
4. Houston
3. Rozee
2. Breust
1. Rioli

Ken Hinkley

5. Rozee
4. Butters
3. Houston
2. Rioli
1. Worpel

Not a reasonably strong consensus this round which is a bit unusual.
I think Mitchell had fits with Finlayson in the first quarter.
I think Hinkley might have put Butters at 4 to keep him going.
Rozee BOG.
Houston very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could lose for a myriad of reason, predetermining this will be the reason is slightly zealous

Let me rephrase. I'd happily give up percentage if we get the win this weekend. But if we lose it will be disappointing that we didn't cash in on the percentage boost that seemed there for the taking

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back