Preview Round 12: Changes V West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly did Jones do to be omitted? He had 11 disposals and 100% efficiency in his debut game and hasn’t been sighted since. Not even an emergency!
Don’t think he did anything wrong. Sounds like they are building up him as having small forward skills too. And if he nails this he might be a regular feature in our side for years to come

ROUND 12 TEAM
West Coast v Hawthorn
Sunday 16 August, 6.10pm AEST
Optus Stadium

B:
Blake Hardwick, James Frawley, James Sicily
HB: Will Day, Sam Frost, Ben Stratton
C: Changkuoth Jiath, Jaeger O'Meara, Conor Glass
HF: Jack Gunston, Luke Breust, Chad Wingard
F: Harry Morrison, Tim O'Brien, Liam Shiels
R: Ben McEvoy, James Worpel, Tom Mitchell
INT: Jarman Impey, Shaun Burgoyne, Jack Scrimshaw, Conor Nash

Emer: Dylan Moore, Tom Scully, Michael Hartley, Oliver Hanrahan

In: Burgoyne, Glass, Jiath
Out: Smith (shoulder), Ceglar (toe), Scully (managed)
Really pleased to see Glass and CJ get a game. They both seem to offer some flair/speed/competitiveness which we desperately need. Understand the angst about Glass as his performance against the saints a few years ago was excruciating ti watch, but it seems he's been playing more midfield since then and offers some of the explosiveness we sorely lack.

Really keen to see how CJ has developed over the last 10-12 months. Thought he was really impressive with his attack on the ball and competitive spirit last year - I see him slotting into the Stratton role going forward (easy to forget what a superb athlete Strats was in his prime).

While I'd like us to play a few more younger players going forward, I think this can happen progressively over the coming weeks - And I just can't be too disappointed to see Burgoyne in the ins :)

Hoping for this line up.

LATE OUT: Stratton
IN: Ross/Moore

B: Hardwick, Frawley, CJ
HB: Sicily, Frost, Scrimshaw
C: O’Meara, Mitchell, Day
HF: Impey, O’Brien, Wingard
F: Breust, Gunston (c), Nash
R: McEvoy, Worpel, Glass

INT: Burgoyne, Morrison, Shiels, Ross/Moore

No knock on selection, kind of what I thought would be the outcome of playing the youth.
Was hoping that playing the youth might have translated to maybe a debutant per week to have a look at them.

WTF does TOB do to continually get games, week after week. Its the pinnacle of rewarding mediocrity.
Truth is, he is the only option we have, maybe Jeka could play the role, but not sure if he would be an improvement or just like for like?

We either have not been in a position to draft talent or trade for a forw who can contest the high ball being bombed into our forward line, im not excusing tob btw, its just where we are at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With jones I remember watching abit of his Centre square work in his afl game and he struggled abit. You would think in your first game you would be all over your opponent when we are down, but a few times he just let his opponent go and was ball watching while his opponent got an easy clearance. Could possibly be the reason

WTF does TOB do to continually get games, week after week. Its the pinnacle of rewarding mediocrity.
Whilst I totally agree, with Ceglar supposedly injured, Lewis being timid in the 2nd ruck and Patton not ready yet or not mentally strong enough to play ruck TOB survives out of 2nd Ruck necessity not form. Shows where our big man stocks are at.

How on earth can Jones still not get a game??? Mind blowing. It's even worse that he was given one game and then dropped. Infuriating.

Cousins is clearly on borrowed time. A cautionary tale to everyone on here given his hype last year ...

That said, really happy to see CJ and I believe Glass has something to offer and just needs to believe it.

Jones is a classic case yrs in our system, he even showed a reasonable first up performance in his only game. Reminds me of Jed Anderso he was shot by the time he left, he is now a reliable afl player just play Finn for F sake!

Freo,Swans are pumping games into there kids both teams started behind us this yr, and i think both have now leaped ahead with there kids showing alot.

I am happy to See Cj and Glass! although both on a wing is ambitious.
-How Kosi hasn't broken in to the team to learn with Frawley, who is not getting any younger or to release Sicily.
- Ross,Walker,Jeka can't get a chance while Lewis,Patton work on there fitness.

Last edited:
Statistically jones and cousins have been our best Performing. Glass had about 7 touches a week ago hahaa

so now it’s the statistics, not the reviews?

I mean, you are welcome to your opinion and you can support it with whatever made-up nonsense you like, but when the people who actually watch him play say he’s been one of the best, and then he gets selected, it seems fair to assume he’s been going ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back