Game Day Round 12 vs. Western Bulldogs, Marvel, 7:40pm Friday 31/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got so many injured it's hard to know who's ready.

Very disappointing De Goey and Mihocek both have "awareness" after quickly coming back to the team. Seems to be the opposite of what Wade's philosophy has been.

Out: Cox
In: Krueger - He has a lot to prove but it's either him or AJ and he'll at least try hard all game.

Out: Mihocek
In: Reef - Self explanatory

Out: Parker - just not ready obviously.
Out: Allan - Just got ready, obviously.

In: Whoever recovers from their injuries, or Macrae.

Cox is not such a big out. We lose on aerial, but we’ll gain by bringing in a player that can apply more pressure and create damage with ball in hand.

Now it gets exciting.

Mason had been ranked in bottom 5 players on the ground for each of the past 5 weeks (and that includes injured and subbed players). If not for injury, he'd have to be getting dropped soon as he's having next to no impact.

We can bring in another mid to help with rotations to ensure we have our best mids in the middle when Cameron needs a rest.

And with resting Cameron up forward, I think we'll see him become a more effective forward than Mason.

Hopefully this is the transition to a 1 ruck Collingwood.

You’d think Freddy replaces Cox. Mihocek will be replaced by either Howe, Reef or AJ.

I think we just need to sure up our defence. I trust our small forwards to pressure and kick a few goals at marvel.

If Lobb plays, I’d keep Dean in the team. If he doesn’t play, I’d bring Fin in.

Allan probably replaced by Oleg. I liked the look of Parker, so I could see us moving Sidebottom forward.

So out is 100% Cox
Likely Checkers
Possibly Pendles who had some sort of elbow issue but did play again with it strapped.

I’ve actually lost track of our injury list and who is even a possibility of returning.

Reef should be right?
Bytel too
Anyone else we expect back yet?
Oh Markov, not sure if he’ll be available with personal issues.

Gonna be tough. Can’t see us not bringing one of Krueger or Johnson in now. If Reef is right, one of them will do. Krueger seems to be ahead of Ash based on being named emergency last week and this week.

We’re losing more than we gain back each week lately. Especially based on quality of who we lose.

We could speculate until the cows come home. May as well wait until the injury report this week.

So out is 100% Cox
Likely Checkers
Possibly Pendles who had some sort of elbow issue but did play again with it strapped.

I’ve actually lost track of our injury list and who is even a possibility of returning.

Reef should be right?
Bytel too

Gonna be tough. Can’t see us not bringing one of Krueger or Johnson in now. If Reef is right, one of them will do. Krueger seems to be ahead of Ash based on being named emergency last week and this week.

We’re losing more than we gain back each week lately. Especially based on quality of who we lose.

We could speculate until the cows come home. May as well wait until the injury report this week.
Was Pendles an elbow? He was pointing to & said it was his bicep..

Reef back. Hoping Checkers was precautionary, but probably don't want to risk him further on the concrete surface at Marvel.

Fin? Bytel? Need another defender with Big Bill probably having to help out in ruck? Leggy's speed would be handy at Marvel.

I wouldn't be surprised if we throw Freddy in this week now with big Cox out.

So out is 100% Cox
Likely Checkers

Reef should be right?
Bytel too

I think Pendles got a bicep/forearm corkie. He is hardly one to miss over innocuous injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Pendles got a bicep/forearm corkie. He is hardly one to miss over innocuous injuries.
Ahh ok I wasn’t sure. Just saw him very strapped up around the elbow but really most of his arm was strapped!

You don’t get to 400 games if you’re not tough as nails! I’m sure he’ll be right

Geez, when Elliott comes back I worry for Schultz. Richards and HH are going past him.
Good problem to have ( hill and beau too!) but I don’t think HH should be pigeon holed as a forward. I also think Shultz is working hard in the tough stuff but just not finishing off.

Also not convinced we will see Jamie back in the short term. Starting to get a bad feeling about him…

I think this game could potentially get away from us unfortunately (hope not!). You really do need all wheels spinning to beat the dogs and we might be going into this one with half a tank.

Need to see ins and outs but with Cox & Checkers fresh outs and probably nobody of significance coming back it is going to be really rough. Is JDG a chance?

Reef does come back, Markov probably but Cameron will need to go alone with English with Frampton pinch hitting. Naughton being out will help in that respect with only JUH to worry about in the air. They lose the run and carry of Richards which is a big loss for them as well.

Not sure how we get over the top of them. McFly will figure it out.

Pies by 1 pt.

I think this game could potentially get away from us unfortunately (hope not!). You really do need all wheels spinning to beat the dogs and we might be going into this one with half a tank.

Need to see ins and outs but with Cox & Checkers fresh outs and probably nobody of significance coming back it is going to be really rough. Is JDG a chance?

Reef does come back, Markov probably but Cameron will need to go alone with English with Frampton pinch hitting. Naughton being out will help in that respect with only JUH to worry about in the air. They lose the run and carry of Richards which is a big loss for them as well.

Not sure how we get over the top of them. McFly will figure it out.

Pies by 1 pt.
They have their share of injuries. Naughton, Richards, Libba, Weightman & Johannisen all out.

Thank god Dean got an overdue run last start. Should have played the week before tbh. Gave us options when we lost cox and mihocek.

I’d start with Billy in defence and hope Kreuger can hold his own in second ruck

In Kreuger mcinnes
Out cox mihocek

Consider bringing Markov in but frankly I wouldn’t make any other changes except swap Allan with Richards on sub bench.

Edit… Howe might be back too. In which case frampton can ruck, maybe Allan out, Kreuger sub?

Now it gets exciting.

Mason had been ranked in bottom 5 players on the ground for each of the past 5 weeks (and that includes injured and subbed players). If not for injury, he'd have to be getting dropped soon as he's having next to no impact.

We can bring in another mid to help with rotations to ensure we have our best mids in the middle when Cameron needs a rest.

And with resting Cameron up forward, I think we'll see him become a more effective forward than Mason.

Hopefully this is the transition to a 1 ruck Collingwood.
I disagree, particularly since we are short talls in the forward line. He contests the ball in the air, which we are set up for really well. He also rucks really well.

I think we are better with him in the side, but we can also cover him by turning his weaknesses into strengths.

They're nearly as battered as us. Carnage for them Thursday. Naught and Richards out along with libba massive. While Treloar stepped up manfully he doesn't have the power or extract factor to hurt in clearances.
Bont then has to go in but they'd prefer him streaming foward

I disagree, particularly since we are short talls in the forward line. He contests the ball in the air, which we are set up for really well. He also rucks really well.

I think we are better with him in the side, but we can also cover him by turning his weaknesses into strengths.
Which one of Steene or Begg wasn't injured? Either them or AJ.
You could play everyone's favourite Kreug but it's career on the line stuff if he gets injured again. Ideally he'd have a solid month and put his name up after the bye.
But like test cricket maybe opportunity doesn't come 100% ideal circumstances. He just has to take what's on offer

Krueger is a rubbish ruck.

I thought Allan was ok, covers the ground well and applies a lot of pressure. Fly rates that.
AJ is actually a better centre bounce ruck option than Freddy with his lovely athletic leap. It's the boundary throw ins and stoppages which are a worry for such undersized rucks like these two possibles.

Poor Steene may have been debuting next Friday if not for his injury. He would be a good forward target too as he can really clunk them and has a big leap.

Cox is not such a big out. We lose on aerial, but we’ll gain by bringing in a player that can apply more pressure and create damage with ball in hand.

Having said that, I hope Krueger has a good game in the VFL.

System will keep us in contention against the dogs, we just have to execute better. A lot of fumbling tonight and uncharacteristically wasteful in front of goal.
Other than simply being difficult to out mark, Coxy has lost all confidence in his contested marking and needs a reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back