Game Day Round 12 vs. Western Bulldogs, Marvel, 7:40pm Friday 31/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel our draw was a “loss”… we had that game.
Therefore, part of our “loss” came as a result of shifting Frampton out of defence. He has been very good down back.
NO!!!
DO NOT PLAY FRAMPTON UP FORWARD!
Yeah I agree. Even though the forward and ruck situation is dire, we looked at sea down back without him there. Maintain the defensive set up and personnel and assemble a makeshift forward line.

I was tossing up between Parker and Allan, but Markov will take a spot in defense, so Parker will be surplus. And he hasn't done a pre-season, so my thinking is he may not be match fit for a full senior game. Being Sub is ok, but he won't be sub for 2 games in a row.
DeGoey was an assess for this week. It was an abdomen strain, so i suspect he will be right for Friday Night, playing predominantly forward.

Either way, we have no talls in the forward line, so we need to handball all the way from the centre to the 10 mete square, 'cos we aint marking anything in the forward line.

De goey was an assess this week for the groin issue not the abdominal strain as he was getting scans on that after the injury report came out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teakle a chance - but on exposed form Hutchinson is not worthy of being picked up.

It was mentioned you would pick Hutchy not on him having ripped a game apart yet but based on what he has potential to be in an afl system
His potential is higher then most in the msd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez, when Elliott comes back I worry for Schultz. Richards and HH are going past him.

Obviously Elliott isn’t going to be around for many more seasons, but I wonder if we could have foreseen what Harrison and Richards would become whether we would have traded for Schultz?

Obviously Elliott isn’t going to be around for many more seasons, but I wonder if we could have foreseen what Harrison and Richards would become whether we would have traded for Schultz?

Yeah i think not. Richards is looking pretty good on a wing though. I do wonder if he has the ability to play out there. Certainly seems to have the tools.

Yeah i think not. Richards is looking pretty good on a wing though. I do wonder if he has the ability to play out there. Certainly seems to have the tools.
He is way better at finding the footy than I ever expected

Yeah I agree. Even though the forward and ruck situation is dire, we looked at sea down back without him there. Maintain the defensive set up and personnel and assemble a makeshift forward line.
WB have tall forwards in Jamara and S.Darcy (forward /2nd ruck) + Lobb (if he's recalled).

Moore > Jamara
Frampton > Darcy ..framps takes Darcy and follows him into the ruck for relief rucking duties
Dean > Lobb

Kreuger for Cox
Reef for Checkers
Markov for Allan
Parker stays sub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree, particularly since we are short talls in the forward line. He contests the ball in the air, which we are set up for really well. He also rucks really well.

I think we are better with him in the side, but we can also cover him by turning his weaknesses into strengths.

When you're a defender, you aim to break even in the air. When you're a forward, you aim to take marks. Having someone just bring the ball to ground is just adding a 7th defender for the opposition.

We don't need two guys doing the job of one. We'll be better off with an added running player.

When you're a defender, you aim to break even in the air. When you're a forward, you aim to take marks. Having someone just bring the ball to ground is just adding a 7th defender for the opposition.

We don't need two guys doing the job of one. We'll be better off with an added running player.
We played with 2 targets as our preferred structure last year - even using Frampton fwd in the GF to maintain the structure.
We will stick to that structure as much as possible - injuries permitting.

If Howe and DeGoey are not available ( personally I would rest DeGoey and Mihocek until after the bye, I know it’s 3 weeks , but both have re hurt the same injury )

Reef Krueger and MaCrae in
Mihocek, Cox and Allan out

Sullivan the sub

and 1v1 contest work and tackling, a real surprise packet
It's funny, I don't really watch the VFL, but I assumed he was going to be a soft goal sneak, without much else to offer going by reports.
He actually looks like he's pretty well rounded, his decision making and skills stand out.

I was fine with the WCE game being at Marvel, but playing a home game at Marvel against a home tenant can absolutely get in the bin.

Cox out. Mihocek likely out. Pendles a watch with his elbow.

Howe likely available. Reef McInnes and Bytel will be out of protocols.

I'd say Howe and McInnes for Cox and Mihocek. Frampton to stay forward.

Assuming JDG doesn't get up of course. With that abdomicussion thing.
Putting Frampton forward last night cost us the game
I don’t think we should ever do that again.
It baffled me that we even made that move when we clearly went into game saving mode with 10 to go. In that mode defence is king and we took out a keystone in that defence.
Maybe Fly needs to explain?

(Waiting for the “Fly doesn’t have to explain anything to you from the usual sycophants”)

WB have tall forwards in Jamara and S.Darcy (forward /2nd ruck) + Lobb (if he's recalled).

Moore > Jamara
Frampton > Darcy ..framps takes Darcy and follows him into the ruck for relief rucking duties
Dean > Lobb

Kreuger for Cox
Reef for Checkers
Markov for Allan
Parker stays sub
Agree with this. If Kreuger bombs at ruck then we still have frampton.

I’d question if Markov comes in at all. If not then maybe Allan survives and just switches seats with Parker.

Also Howe might be a chance.

Good problem to have ( hill and beau too!) but I don’t think HH should be pigeon holed as a forward. I also think Shultz is working hard in the tough stuff but just not finishing off.

Also not convinced we will see Jamie back in the short term. Starting to get a bad feeling about him…
Both Beau and Schultz are working so hard defensively that they appear knackered when they're trying to execute offensively.

I feel our draw was a “loss”… we had that game.
Therefore, part of our “loss” came as a result of shifting Frampton out of defence. He has been very good down back.
NO!!!
DO NOT PLAY FRAMPTON UP FORWARD!
I think Fly would take that move back if he could.

If Howe and DeGoey are not available ( personally I would rest DeGoey and Mihocek until after the bye, I know it’s 3 weeks , but both have re hurt the same injury )

Reef Krueger and MaCrae in
Mihocek, Cox and Allan out

Sullivan the sub
I may be wrong but I have a feeling McRae won’t have many more chances at AFL level for Pies.

Moore > Jamara
Dean > Lobb

Kreuger for Cox
Reef for Checkers
Markov for Allan
Parker stays sub
Will Reef play. We've been giving the young players longer in terms of concussion - which is the recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back