Review Round 13 - Geelong d Bulldogs by 57 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any chance that if we played Sydney or GWS in the 1st final that it could be at KP?
Teams likely to feature in the finals:
Geelong
Norf
Dawks
Sydney
WB
GWS
West Coast
Adelaide

I don't see Melbourne or Port making it through

Of those, the victorian clubs won't be played at KP, so that leaves Sydney, GWS, West Coast and Adelaide. I'd say Sydney would be played up in Melbourne due to South Melbourne support, but the other 3, no reason why we couldn't play them at KP

Teams likely to feature in the finals:
Geelong
Norf
Dawks
Sydney
WB
GWS
West Coast
Adelaide

I don't see Melbourne or Port making it through

Of those, the victorian clubs won't be played at KP, so that leaves Sydney, GWS, West Coast and Adelaide. I'd say Sydney would be played up in Melbourne due to South Melbourne support, but the other 3, no reason why we couldn't play them at KP

What about contracts. Aren't the AFL required to play a certain number of finals at Etihad.

Is there any chance that if we played Sydney or GWS in the 1st final that it could be at KP?
With the current renovations going on, I'd say GWS would be the only one.

Geez, I was impressed with Danger from game 1, but i've sure been impressed with our other new recruits as the season has gone by - Henderson, Smith and even Ruggles. All worthy trades/draftees.

Would be great to see Menegola and Scooter tried soon at the top level.

Zilch. When it happened in '13 it required a number of circumstances to occur that are unlikely again the biggest of all being Freo pissing off an extremely vindictive AFL only the week before.

What about contracts. Aren't the AFL required to play a certain number of finals at Etihad.
From what I've heard, the contract doesn't require games to be played at etihad (see 2013) during the finals, just that the afl has to compensate etihad with more regular season games the year after if potential games aren't played there.

Edit: From memory, the only reason it wasn't played at the 'G was because of two games not being played on the same day at the same venue. Only happens Round 1 of Finals, and will never happen again due to the Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday split that starts this year. Therefore, until KP stage 5 is complete, we probably won't see another final down the highway again.

I think it was an ironic observation that no-one is currently above us. That's why gave it a like.
raw

for a while I could almost see a come back happening. More than ever kicking and conversion influence results.

Our kicking needs a lot of work and even in the games we've won we haven't put sides away when we should have. For that we are our own worst enemy. Perhaps in hindsight the result should have been closer to reflect the stats, but in the end it is what it is... Maybe it will be the loss that tells the boys that they need to step up their game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our kicking needs a lot of work and even in the games we've won we haven't put sides away when we should have. For that we are our own worst enemy. Perhaps in hindsight the result should have been closer to reflect the stats, but in the end it is what it is... Maybe it will be the loss that tells the boys that they need to step up their game.
Your boys look devastated in the rooms after the game,not the look of just being beaten but the realization that they still require to go to another level if they are to be genuine contenders this year.Fortunately for them or maybe not they get one more crack at the Cats before finals.

some of your supporters were against my opinion to play Hamling but I think after last night that view was justified.
Morris is a star, always has been but he will never be a key defender. Menzel not only had him done for pure athleticism but size wise, they stand toe-to-toe.
Apart from Adams, you had no one capable of applying pressure on the resting Stanley, not to mention Kersten and Hawkins who were always involved (though did not play as well as they could have) so it was a really bizarre decision to drop a tall defender for this game.

It was the closest 57 point win I've seen. You guys are immense in the contest.

Poor kicking for goal definitely hurt you guys, it will be closer next time.
I have never seen a team like the doggies; move it on and on and on at high speed with ridiculous flick hand passes. A key fwd who stands up may make a significant impact. The strategy though from the much maligned coaching team was for the third week running, superb. Struck them where their achilles heel is. Tackle-stop-ball movement from first bounce was very noticeable this week. In GWS game if we had kicked straight we smash them rather than leave them in contest all night; so three very good weeks. Thought Josh Caddy was having his best game before injury; I have been down on him and need to note good hard performance. He will be really needed in the finals especially with the hawks aggressive in close style. Hopefully injury is not too bad. For lesser lights thought Gregson was good and even Murda but I just cant believe has fallen away such. But my favourite again is the Rug! That instance when running at full tilt to get back and punch to stop an almost certain goal was impressive. He is my favourite to watch because he has that dead stare like hodge at the hawks; you just know he wont take a backward step and is a very good user of the ball and backs his team mates up. I like the MVP site but can someone set up a MVP for the best of the lesser lights because according to Dermott Brereton etc. your ability to win premierships is how good your bottom 8 are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some of your supporters were against my opinion to play Hamling but I think after last night that view was justified.
Morris is a star, always has been but he will never be a key defender. Menzel not only had him done for pure athleticism but size wise, they stand toe-to-toe.
Apart from Adams, you had no one capable of applying pressure on the resting Stanley, not to mention Kersten and Hawkins who were always involved (though did not play as well as they could have) so it was a really bizarre decision to drop a tall defender for this game.
Absolutely agree; at one point it looked like the under 18's playing the seniors; especially Hawks don't argue goal on 2-3 players around him. Do they have other talls that could have played?

Our mids vs Sydneys is the new question I want answered. I think they may just have the nod out of their top 5;
1.Hannebery
2.Parker
3.Kenndy
4.Mitchell
5.Jack/Heeney/Mcveigh

Pretty confident iur forwards coukd destory that weak backline though
Agree; didn't their mids monster Norths and the weagles?

Your boys look devastated in the rooms after the game,not the look of just being beaten but the realization that they still require to go to another level if they are to be genuine contenders this year.Fortunately for them or maybe not they get one more crack at the Cats before finals.
Yeah they will come much harder. This week 3AW broadcasters were mostly of the opinion that doggies would do it pretty easily especially once the heat went out of the game. So interesting to see how we go when we are the hunted and they kick straight.

Go cats!!

P.s. Wondered down after game behind goals to the cats were to see poor old Catman going off his rocker. He does a great job that guy but some of the fellows don't put in and help. He looked pretty cool which is amazing in that style of attire. Are there any cheer squad members on this site?

Round 13 vs Western Bulldogs Centre Bounce Combinations

Q1:

20.00 - Stanley, Dangerfield, Selwood, Blicavs
16.27 - Stanley, Dangerfield, Selwood, Blicavs
12.01 - Smith, Dangerfield, Blicavs, Caddy
9.40 - Stanley, Dangerfield, Selwood, Caddy
6.33 - Stanley, Dangerfield, Selwood, Blicavs
3.11 - Stanley, Selwood, Blicavs, Duncan

Q2:

20.00 - Smith, Dangerfield, Selwood, Blicavs
18.57 - Smith, Dangerfield, Selwood, Blicavs