Review Round 13 - Gold Coast vs St. Kilda (Townsville)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going a little more conservative

Macpherson and Brodie to get >20 possessions
Seb Ross to get >25 possessions
1st quarter line GC +1.5

Paying $7.50

I'm on an interesting one

Darcy Mac any time goal scorer
Fiorini 30+
Gold Coast +16.6
Under 160.5

$35 @ $13.61

Don’t know what to make of the intel that Day was training with the forwards.
Maybe King will play defence?
We only have 5 talls today.

Hombsch defence
Witts ruck
Wright forward

That means that out of Day and King one is forward and one is back.

Given Martin’s lack of blue collar mentality I’d play Martin as a forward all game allowing King/Day to play swingman roles as well as Day being chop out ruck but what do I know.

Saints only have one genuine tall in Bruce. Their other tall in Membrey plays like a KPF but we have guys that have height to hopefully cover him. Maybe that's the thinking.

Wow that’s good news
With Collins and Thompson Out that’s our biggest weakness.

In fact if I was the St Kilda Coach id have picked whatever tall forwards they have in the VFL to play against us today to cash in on our problems back there.

Membrey for all purposes is a key position player. Takes a lot of strong contested marks. Their best forward. Even if he’s 189cm or so.
Got no doubt that hombsch will play on him.

Day on Bruce.

Can’t see king playing down back, he’s trained forward, played forward in neafl. Playing well up forward. Would be disruptive for the young guy to change roles.

Day as the more experienced player should be able to adapt to a different role.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Membrey for all purposes is a key position player. Takes a lot of strong contested marks. Their best forward. Even if he’s 189cm or so.
Got no doubt that hombsch will play on him.

Day on Bruce.

Can’t see king playing down back, he’s trained forward, played forward in neafl. Playing well up forward. Would be disruptive for the young guy to change roles.

Day as the more experienced player should be able to adapt to a different role.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t King play his junior footy as a defender?

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t King play his junior footy as a defender?
Swing man, played either forward or back depending on what the team needed him to do. Played both to a very high level. I see him as a forward though. Reads the ball well, strong hands and a fairly good set shot (something we lack)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King down back is crazy talk, surely. One of our only players kicking goals and leaping at the footy up forward.

I don't understand Day not playing down back. At half time if Bruce has got ahold of us I expect him to be swung back.

King trained with forwards also..

Anyone else at the ground?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back