Autopsy Round 13: Hawks v the SA 25 (Port Power)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought glass's kicking was a real positive again. He died a bit in the second which shows he needs to be fitter but he is definitely worth persisting with.

He always tried to kick to advantage and he has a good leg on him. Good kicking is the most important thing in football, he just needs to be fitter and more time at senior level.

I just want us to be competitive in the forthcoming matches
I want us to be competitive and to give opportunites to as many players as possible, but I don't want us to win our last 5 matches and finish 9th or 10th again

That would just give us the idea that we weren't too far off it this year and can approach 2021 the same way we approached 2020. Been there done that the last 2 years

We have just had a 7 match stretch where we were clearly one of the bottom two teams in the competition - 1 win and 6 very uncompetitive losses.

I think we have to expect some of the new faces will run out of gas during games. They’ve been playing 12 on 12 scratch matches for like 50 mins a week and will a week or two to get properly match fit or work out how to manage energy levels. No different to our players at the start of every season.

I think we have to expect some of the new faces will run out of gas during games. They’ve been playing 12 on 12 scratch matches for like 50 mins a week and will a week or two to get properly match fit or work out how to manage energy levels. No different to our players at the start of every season.
The consecutive 5 day breaks against teams who have had a bye will be a challenge too

What was that viral hashtag there that lasted a couple of years? #freekickhawthorn As I recall. I’ve not seen a game this year wher I felt Port’s got a good run from this current crap mob of umpires. Yes, the count was lopsided, but watching the game I didn’t see much to comment about...For once!
Hawthorn has had an absolute dream run from umpires for so long and everyone knows it. Anyway, I’m sure Clarko will do lunch with Gil tomorrow and set him straight. Watching next week with anticipation.
Hawthorn has not had an absolute dream run from umpires. You sir have been conned like the rest of the public. If you care to educate yourself you will see we have rarely had a +ve free kick count. The best in recent time was a near even count in 2015. If you were to replace an eye you will see there were many opportunities for the umpire to fairly reward a hawthorn player or penalise a Port player within the rules. Port got a dream run, ZERO frees to Hawthorn after half time is indeed a dream run. Which of your players felates the umpires?

Clarko lost us the game. If it was for draft picks so be it, but he never takes draft picks.

Clarko was a god, at the moment he's a bloke employing Brendan Bolton to fan his own ass this week for the past season, and watch his daughters play musical instruments at our best and fairest. Soon as that happened someone should (me included) put up the warning signs.

He should have done better for Stratts. I have issues with Stratts going forward but for example our best player in the first was Bruest he refused to basically play him in the middle after that very poor Alistair. Very, very poor Alistair. Brust was willing to get us a win for Stratts.

You have been great for our club, I don't think you are doing anything more than saving your ass lately... which means it's time to go much like Stratts, Burgs and others, why you are doing it I have no idea. My assumption is you have a contract somewhere else already. It's poor. Or you think no one will give you a contract and are keeping this one.

Clarko was at his worst today. But I don't remember seeing Brendan next to him... maybe he was waiting... but if that happened best thing ever for our club.

It's really sh*t when you think most players in your team had a crack and the only reason you weren't closer or had a miracle win is the blokes running your club. There is no one I blame more than losing Stratts 200th game than Alistair Clarkson, after quarter time he never gave Stratts a chance, and perhaps that is where he rates him. He certainly did it tonight.
Stupidest post on this site by quite a margin. Absolutely well done. If this is ironic, seriously great literature. If this is serious, seek help.

We have lost the last 11 free kick counts in a row
Only count we won this season was round one against Brisbane
Crucially in the close games we have been hammered
1. Tonight
2. Against Sydney - 7 point loss. Frees 22:13
3 North 4 point loss. Frees 21:12
Just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We won the north game.

What was that viral hashtag there that lasted a couple of years? #freekickhawthorn As I recall. I’ve not seen a game this year wher I felt Port’s got a good run from this current crap mob of umpires. Yes, the count was lopsided, but watching the game I didn’t see much to comment about...For once!
Hawthorn has had an absolute dream run from umpires for so long and everyone knows it. Anyway, I’m sure Clarko will do lunch with Gil tomorrow and set him straight. Watching next week with anticipation.
This is for you stupid.

Free kick ratios all time (since 1965)
1598156131757.png

1598156159714.png
1598156202293.png
1598156230347.png

So yeah. Stupid. Absolutely immeasurably stupid. You know how numbers work yeah? Actually you probably don't. So let me explain. Hawthorn has had the worst run from umpires for 55 years you stupid imbecilic moron.

just saying.

And you know this how? From the free kick count? I call BS on you. From watching Hawthorn games? BS again, why would you watch Hawthorn? The media? More BS. The media only reports when Clarko has a whinge about a lopsided free kick count.
So where did you acquire the knowledge about this dream run? Oh, that‘s right, somebody hashtagged it so it must be true. Port might get shafted by umpires every other game but you were never going to win against Hawthorn in the shafting stakes. #no*******way

The stats literally prove otherwise. It was a dream run with the umps that nearly got you over the line in 2014, but despite their help it wasn't enough.

oes anyone even remember the actual rising star? Clarko was the coach of 2008 and Cyril was the rising star.
Clarko has never been the coach of the year, he is merely the coach of a generation. Cyril could never win the rising star as he started there ;)

This is for you stupid.

Free kick ratios all time (since 1965)
View attachment 942934

View attachment 942935
View attachment 942937
View attachment 942938

So yeah. Stupid. Absolutely immeasurably stupid. You know how numbers work yeah? Actually you probably don't. So let me explain. Hawthorn has had the worst run from umpires for 55 years you stupid imbecilic moron.

just saying.
Wow! Just looking at the home game tally, HFC are the only team (out of 20) that has a net negative count.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2013 We average 18.1 free kicks (10th in the league)
2014 We Averaged 16.2 free kicks (13th in the league)
2015 We averaged 17.6 free kicks (12th in the league)
2016 We averaged 19.2 free kicks (7th in the league)

Whatever suits your narrative, I guess. Sure isn't being accurate.
Everyone knows hashtags carry more weight than cold hard facts....
#hashtagalwaysright

Wow! Just looking at the home game tally, HFC are the only team (out of 20) that has a net negative count.
Yes, which prompted me initially to uncover the stats. I was looking at the difference between the west coast eagles home and away, looked at Hawthorn and realised we were the only home team with a negative differential.

was lucky enough to be at the game & was proud of the effort & confused by Port supporters around me suggesting that we were getting a good run with the umps (this came out of some loony round ball supporter's mouth around 3 quarter time when he asked what happened if there was a "tie")

I'm sorry but I have seen enough from TOB & also Scully. Those that call Morrison vanilla - Scully avoided contact multiple times last night. First quarter we had all the momentum 3 goals to zip short pass to TOB who drops it - it goes straight down the other end for a dubious goal & boom 12 pt turn around

was lucky enough to be at the game & was proud of the effort & confused by Port supporters around me suggesting that we were getting a good run with the umps (this came out of some loony round ball supporter's mouth around 3 quarter time when he asked what happened if there was a "tie")

I'm sorry but I have seen enough from TOB & also Scully. Those that call Morrison vanilla - Scully avoided contact multiple times last night. First quarter we had all the momentum 3 goals to zip short pass to TOB who drops it - it goes straight down the other end for a dubious goal & boom 12 pt turn around

That TOB dropped mark was the kick more than anything. Should have been a bullet onto his chest, instead Impey gave it air time and the defender had the closing speed to impact

This actually doesn't surprise me. The umpiring was utterly incompetent all day. So nuffies who only look through their one eye for examples of when their team was "screwed" can find plenty of fodder for confirmation bias. They wouldn't have even noticed that we didn't receive a free in the second half.

Poor fella, still hasn't got over the 2014 Prelim????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back