Review Round 14: Tiggy Train v GWS at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing worse than a close game ruined by the umps. I'm so pissed off right now :mad:

On a positive note...how good did our young guys look?! Just have to keep reminding myself that in a few years we'll be unstoppable.

Yeah I'm pretty gutted too but boy what a game. Tipped to lose by 100+ umps against us, every bounce went the wrong way, massive injury list to key players, playing a top 4 team away from home and boom !! What a performance really

Leon Cameron is a sensational coach. People can say all they like that it's easy to coach a team of young superstars, but with the injuries and 2 heavy losses he had to do something.

Griffin of half back was a genius move. Steele picked up the gap nicely. Curtly looks like he could stay in. Marchbank will be a star. Showed some poise under pressure, and Downie was awesome I thought. We have something there !!

By the end of the season "IF" we played finals we would have all those players back apart from mummy, and these guys with some confidence to add to that

Giants arn't done yet

Agree with all above. Especially the Treloar second effort comments, he needs to come to a decision about his future because it is definately affecting his present.

He does ok in close, releasing Shiel with quick ball collection and handball. I think that's more than enough to keep him in the team, but the lack of shepherding is getting pretty obvious for something that used to be a weakness for the entire team.

well done guys you have a great young side shiel is a star jezza a freak umpires were s**t both ways def on our side last quarter but the first 2 on yours. hope you blokes make finals good luck for the rest of the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just such incredibly bad umpiring in that last quarter. Rance hands in the back of Jezza not paid. Steel head high twice, not paid. Stewart had his jumper pulled far more than Shaw's on Reiwoldt. reiwoldt shot on goal, Stewart play on. And Miles.... My f#####ing God.... Held, held, held, held, throw, play on.

And don't even get me started on that 80m penalty for Delidio in the goal square. They pay that evenly and throughout the game, it's 47 goals a piece. But given the ball was back up passed half way that was possibly the most disgraceful decision ever given.

I also always thought a report brought with a 50m penalty as well. Was Maric reported or not. Steele will probably get three weeks for headbutting his elbow, though, so I don't suppose it really matters.

Young kids played really well. Just a pity the Maggots took it off them.

We were gifted free kicks left, right and centre today.

We should be thanking the umpires not critisising them.

Richmond kicked poorly. But still won. Wish we could do that.

Couple of soft ones early. Then nothin. It was as if the umps checked their bank accounts at three quarter time, confirmed the money had been transferred in, and ruled accordingly.

At the minute Treloar is clearly playing for himself and not for the team and if that keeps up he might find himself in the neafl
As I said earlier this week, he just refuses to chase. He runs fast forward and jogs defensively. Would not get a game at the Swans, they would not accept such selfishness, he should be dropped.

Big call to drop Treloar. 23 disposals, a goal and 8 tackles, second highest on ground. We know he can play better, but he isn't that far off form. If he is to be dropped it would only be for Cogs. We missed his grunt at times today.

How good was Buntine today? Did a great job on Jack, and had great assistance from teammates, especially Griff. He just lets a few too many tackles miss. If starts sticking tackles against mature bodies, look out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back