Autopsy Round 15 Carlton v Collingwood Autopsy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm almost speechless. The effort, from everyone, I mean Everyone! Even the likes of jeffy, AJ, curnow, Andy mac, collo just insane.

Not to mention Judd, robbo, carrots, yazz, army, eddie, duigs...

And Special K, well, He was outstanding. Brilliant. Never have i seen a ruckman so clean below his legs.

good performance, but i don't think we should go overboard. thinking we have turned the corner after just one good match is a recipe for disaster. i'm pretty sure most of us and more importantly the team won't fall for that trap.

pleasing, but personally i'm a bit disappointed that things most observers had noticed (walker not playing forward, yarran not playing half-back) took until tonight to rectify.

I hope everyone understands why there were a lot of angry Carlton supporters over the last couple months. When your team is capable of this type of attack on the ball and intensity and they don't bring it for so long you honestly cannot blame supporters for getting angry.

It just proves that injuries are NOT an excuse. Kreuzer's knee miraculously was perfect tonight. He was gathering ground balls on the full run and bursting off the mark and kicking long and direct. Yet everyone was claimig his knee was shot to cover up for him. I think Matty knows he's capable of far better and tonight he set himself with the right attitude and got to play his BEST position, RUCK! Not defense.

So having said that, I think it's time to throw excuses out the window and EXPECT the same effort they gave tonight for the rest of the season. Whether it's good enough to win finals or not doesn't matter as long as the efforts there then nobody can complain.

Also, congrats to Andy Mac on his debut win too :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelievable feeling!!!! Wellingham plays like a Fitzroy st hooker - dirty and cheap!!
He'll enjoy working on his tan for the next 6 weeks.
Eddie and Bucks can piss off too!

I'm sure like every Carlton supporter, includiong myself, people would be calling for Garlett's head after that miss in the 3rd. But to his credit, he took it in his stride and ran the scum off their feet.
Duigan I thought was our best. Kicked the goals. Went in hard and did everything right.
Lastly, Judd is the best player I have certainly ever had the pleasure of watching. Just a freak.

Good to be blue again!

AWWWW YEAH!!!

0976_eb15.gif

What a win...they were all wonderful, duigs forward ... I've been saying put touhy there but duigs worked a treat, loved the tackling and hassling for the ball, jeffy no goals but did heaps...we exposed there lack of speed big time.

Gutsy, showed what our club is made of finally...

As for simmo he looked very emotional on the bench towards the end, no way he will play next week and wellingham may as well book some flights, he should get 6 weeks...low act really low, hope they hang him out big time....

Love our blues, super tonight

good performance, but i don't think we should go overboard. thinking we have turned the corner after just one good match is a recipe for disaster. i'm pretty sure most of us and more importantly the team won't fall for that trap.

pleasing, but personally i'm a bit disappointed that things most observers had noticed (walker not playing forward, yarran not playing half-back) took until tonight to rectify.
Anyone disappointed after a win like that has deadset shitforbrains.

Wow ......... sensational effort across the board in this game. Still in it and still in control of our destiny this season. Brilliant result against the odds.:thumbsu:

Yarran for my mind was B.O.G. Judd was back back to his brilliant best. AJ and Brock played the game of their careers. Kruezer just kept on going, he had to with Hampson out so early. As discussed in the earlier thread, i hope that Collingwood sniper gets at least 6 weeks for that dog act on Simmo.

One for the ages, boys and girls.

That's what we do. :cool:

Yeh numb3rs..what win...lots of jumping around the lounge room, we all willed em home i reckon

Bloody love beating those rats

Watson is coming along nicely which is good.
McInnes looks like he has some potential as well, lovely defensive effort for a kid on the big stage.

We need Yarran to keep up this drive from the backline and we should win a few more games on the run home.

We should NEVER play three rucks again! Would be nice to have a makeshift 2nd ruck to help Kruezer out.

Not sure anyone had a bad game tonight. Even Garlett put the yards in, even if he didnt hit the scoreboard.

Standouts

Yarran had a great second half
Duigan the suprise packet, especially in the first half
Walker got goals
Robinson was awesome
McInnes was good on debut
Watson was steady
Collins was good, just a few misses short of great
Betts was his usual reliable self
kreuzer got flogged in the hitouts (42-24), but rucked all game and competed at ground level really well I thought
Curnow was pretty good on return
Carazzo was excellent
Seven gave Judd Man of the Match, I thought he was good, didnt think he was best

Hammer likely to miss the next few months, so Warnock straight in maybe, or a straight forward swap for Henderson or Waite if they want to go fast.
Hopefully Simpson is ok, but perhaps Ellard to come back in otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back