Round 15 Trades (TheBeardAmigos Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 trades left, 200k in the bank. Austin out has left me with a donut. Legitimately have no ******* idea what to do now. Upgrading Webster seems a waste when back next week. Upgrading Austin a waste. Ideas please?

View attachment 518998

If TMac plays.

Fritsch to McDonald.
Austin to a non playing Def/Fwd
Switch TMac to defense.

Donut avoided.

4 trades left, 200k in the bank. Austin out has left me with a donut. Legitimately have no ******* idea what to do now. Upgrading Webster seems a waste when back next week. Upgrading Austin a waste. Ideas please?

View attachment 518998
Upgrading Austin is a great idea imo

Austin to best available, Ryan or Smith to Ballenden

Sicily plugs holes where needed if donuts appear

Hes just plodding along in 3rd gear.
Groins might be bit suspect but you can fix them mid year.

I reckon he has a big game tonight because he has too. Sydney wont die wondering its just that Richmond haven't needed him to break open a game like he was for them late last year.

In hindsight I shouldn't have started him as there was no way him or Danger were backing up the years they had last year.

I think that post lives up to your name :drunk:

If you don’t have him that’s a great POD IMO and I wouldn’t be getting him in.

Trotting along in 2nd gear atm IMO. Fully expect him to explode towards back end of the year. Will it begin tonight? Unsure, but I’m fully expecting him to be one of the highest scorers come SC finals

I did the trade. Livin' on the wildest side!

:moustache:

If TMac plays.

Fritsch to McDonald.
Switch TMac to defense.

Donut avoided.
Can he afford TMac via Austin + 1 of Smith/Ryan If he has 200k leftover?

I'd be keeping Fritsch for F6-7 coverage in his scenario as Smith's and Ryan's lack of DPP doesn't help imo if a premium MID/FWD is out

Not sure what other options you have.

Could be same issue next week if Nikki misses again
Yeah it’s a tricky situation. Maybe I just bite the bullet and move Nikki on to Simmo or Tmac?

If TMac plays.

Fritsch to McDonald.
Switch TMac to defense.

Donut avoided.
I don’t mind that, but using 2 of 4 trades, and one of those on a non playing player seems wrong with 9 weeks left.

I don’t mind that, but using 2 of 4 trades, and one of those on a non playing player seems wrong with 9 weeks left.
Just realised I can’t do that.
Only got on trade after Treloar OUT and Danger IN.

Yeah it’s a tricky situation. Maybe I just bite the bullet and move Nikki on to Simmo or Tmac?
Nah use the 2 trades and go the bench coverage option if you can afford it whether it's another premium defender or a TMac type

When Webster returns you can move him back onfield and loop/bench a Fritsch type with Sicily/TMac forward. If a premium mid is out short-term then move Fritsch on field and Ahern/Garlett/Spargo are your F7-8 that week

I don't agree with trading out premiums for 1-3 week injuries at this time of the year where you should have enough squad depth to cover them, this way you improve your depth and have most bases covered.

Would only look to trade for LTIs or if you're lucky in the last month if that 1-3 weeker pops up then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah use the 2 trades and go the bench coverage option if you can afford it whether it's another premium defender or a TMac type

When Webster returns you can move him back onfield and loop/bench a Fritsch type with Sicily/TMac forward. If a premium mid is out short-term then move Fritsch on field and Ahern/Garlett/Spargo are your F7-8 that week

I don't agree with trading out premiums for 1-3 week injuries at this time of the year where you should have enough squad depth to cover them, this way you improve your depth and have most bases covered.

Would only look to trade for LTIs or if you're lucky in the last month if that 1-3 weeker pops up then
Just realised I can’t do that.
Only got on trade after Treloar OUT and Danger IN.
go you pups
:(:'(

So you traded Treloar for Danger?

Bring in Joel Smith then for Austin or Ridley so you don't cop a donut this week

Next week upgrade one of your many mid forward rookies to Brayshaw as Brayshaw will be rock bottom if Webster is still out.

Then you can bench Dusty if needed once Webster comes back

Smith/Brayshaw as a DPP swing

For the first time this season... no trades! :rainbow:

giphy.gif

View attachment 518998

What did you have planned with the 4 trades? Any other upgrades?

I've always considered him Pies best 22 (my 3rd Def picked in Draft knowing he wasn't playing Rd1) but most Pies fans (at least the ones on this website) didn't at the start of the season. You're an exception. Go read the Pies forum and posts from during JLT & 2018 Best 22 thread etc from the start of the season, hardly anyone had a role for him with Dunne, Moore & Howe ahead of him as a tall and Maynard ahead of him as a flanker.
With respect to my fellow Pie men on the board, their opinion on this matter is pure bollocks. The ‘club’ has always rated Shaz through the roof. Internally there was never any question that he’s best 22 when ‘fit’. Dunn, Howe, Crisp, Shaz, Maynard were all locks to start in our backline. There was talk preseason that Moore would play some CHB but that probably would had been at the expense of Langdon with Shaz/Howe on the flanks, Crisp/Maynard providing run off the pocket and Dunn as the gorilla back.

Not sure who to get rid of to fund my Holman > J.Kelly trade.

Atm the options are Spargo, Guelfi, and T.Smith. Also not sure who bring in out of the likes of Dawson, Sier, Battle e,t,c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back