Game Day Round 16: Carlton v Adelaide @ MCG: "Trading Places"

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw Serena win her 22nd major title and watching the end of Stage 8 of the Tour so thought I may as well launch the game day thread!

Movie title in reference to 4 players who have played for their opponents: Eddie Betts, Sam Jacobs, Sam Kerridge and Matthew Wright. Not to mention Steven Trigg as CEO of Carlton and Craigy as an assistant coach. And the film can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trading_Places

Win and we go third so the stakes are enormous.

Go Crows!

Also if you haven't got your selection in for the goal kicking game make sure you get it in before 12:40pm CST.

Weather is meant to be shithouse, interesting to see what impact that plays.

Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 12.54.15 AM.png

Last edited:
We will win if we are good. Which I think we are, but I can never be sure. Probably due to following the club throughout the last 15 years.

Come on boys, get the job done.

Game will be similar to last week I think. I think we'll win but not by a lot. I just don't think they have the firepower compared to us, and they're not in great form.

Last seasons game was way too close for comfort. Hope we can win by 3-4 goals.

Doesn't look too bad out now, but the Storm is predicted for late morning early afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be really good to see a comfortable win today, but I'm not holding my breath. Probably more like the Richmond/Bulldogs game last night. We don't play well against Carlton. Plus, it's an early Sunday game, freezing cold. Bio rhythms could be very low. :eek: ;)

Massively pumped for this game - Weather is not too bad at the moment here in Melb.

I was pretty nervous last week but honestly think we should do this easy, far too much class for Carlton... Their forward line on paper is lolworthy.

Sauce - Sloane - Brouch - Eddie - Tex to have huge games.

Just win. Shitty conditions, away from home. Just get the 4 and we're in the 4.
I agree although the weather may help us. They are not a high scoring team so conditions will really hurt them imo.

We could get a decent % boost just by keeping them to a very low score, 5-6 goals in total.

Crows by 38. I don't think we'll have it all our way for some reason especially if it's wet. Our forward line will be too much for them to contain though and I think we'll break even in the middle at worst.
If we're not top 4 at the end of this game I'll be disappointed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back