Round 16 Trade$

Remove this Banner Ad

Only have 3 trades for the year left but have both Goddard and Waters. I currently have Morris and Hargrave for backups.

Obviously I'll keep Goddard, but the way I see it I can do either of the following:

Trade Waters to Scotland or Suckling

OR

Trade Hargrave to Yarran

Either will net me a small amount of cash.

I'm equal 1st in my league with a couple game gap over 3rd place so I think I can cover Waters for a few weeks. Only problem is that I'm facing a top of the table clash this week so wouldn't want to cop a zero if I can avoid it.

On the one hand I wouldn't want to carry Waters if his injury is 6+ weeks but he has been the 2nd best Defender so would be good to hold onto him.

The second scenario lets me keep Waters and should hopefully mean that I cover his absence with a player that will likely play every game and probably score better than Hargrave too, however he probably won't score as well/consistently as Scotland/Suckling.

Which way would you guys go?

I still haven't decided what i plan on doing with Waters yet so can't really comment on that part. Regarding Yarran though, by picking him up you basically have to accept that he will produce some shocking scores to go with his better ones.

He is such a damaging player with the ball that teams will often chuck a tag on him. Affects his scoring a fair bit. Players like Suckling/Scotland score so well because they get involved in a lot of kick to kick in the back line where as Yarran is given the ball to run it out. I picked him up last week for Hargrave but mainly because he was so cheap and can produce some decent scores but my expectations of him are fairly low.

Waters to M.Johnson and Taylor Adams to Goodes. Really wanted to keep waters but I can't have him out for 5 weeks :/

Leaves my team as
B) Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Carazzo, M.Johnson, Birchall, H.Shaw (Clarke, Darley)
C) Swan, Ablett, Thompson, Mitchell, J.Selwood, Barlow (Gibson, Crozier)
R) Maric, Griffen (Giles, Redden)
F) Franklin, Sidebottom, Beams, Stevie J, Dangerfield, Robinson, Zorko (Goodes, Cameron)

With 3 trades and 8k left in the bank here's to hoping I only have to deal with 3 more LTI's this year

Waters to M.Johnson and Taylor Adams to Goodes. Really wanted to keep waters but I can't have him out for 5 weeks :/

Leaves my team as
B) Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Carazzo, M.Johnson, Birchall, H.Shaw (Clarke, Darley)
C) Swan, Ablett, Thompson, Mitchell, J.Selwood, Barlow (Gibson, Crozier)
R) Maric, Griffen (Giles, Redden)
F) Franklin, Sidebottom, Beams, Stevie J, Dangerfield, Robinson, Zorko (Goodes, Cameron)

With 3 trades and 8k left in the bank here's to hoping I only have to deal with 3 more LTI's this year

This is the best side I have seen on here! Strong premos across EVERY line, but most importantly excellent bench depth! Clarke, Gibson, Giles & Goodes outside your best 22 is just awesome. 3 trades for LTI's with 'that' squad is enough. Kudos to you. :thumbsu:

My Team:

D) Deledio, Goddard, Carrazzo, Birchall, H.Shaw, Lake, Broughton (Ellis, S.Shaw)
M) Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Jelwood, Mitchell, Kennedy (Gibson, Sexton)
R) Cox, McEvoy (Stephenson, Campbell)
F) Sidebottom, Beams, Franklin, Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko (Porplyzia, Treloar)

I have 7 trades and approx. $20k.

I have Franklin/Martin/Goddard covered this week....as a luxury trade I was thinking of trading Ellis to Yarran for the D8 position. Given their scoring, is this even worth it? I think their job security is comparable. Yarran has a higher ceiling but Ellis is more consistent (may get 1st year burnout though).

Or should I perhaps hold onto the trades for use in the coming 3-4 weeks to do some downgrading/upgrading?

E.G. Broughton may need to go if he doesnt show something soon, I would make the Kennedy to Murphy/Pendles trade if I can get away with it cheaply, and I am not 100% on Zorko as a keeper (just 95% :)).

My Team:

D) Deledio, Goddard, Carrazzo, Birchall, H.Shaw, Lake, Broughton (Ellis, S.Shaw)
M) Swan, Ablett, Boyd, Jelwood, Mitchell, Kennedy (Gibson, Sexton)
R) Cox, McEvoy (Stephenson, Campbell)
F) Sidebottom, Beams, Franklin, Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko (Porplyzia, Treloar)

I have 7 trades and approx. $20k.

I have Franklin/Martin/Goddard covered this week....as a luxury trade I was thinking of trading Ellis to Yarran for the D8 position. Given their scoring, is this even worth it? I think their job security is comparable. Yarran has a higher ceiling but Ellis is more consistent (may get 1st year burnout though).

Or should I perhaps hold onto the trades for use in the coming 3-4 weeks to do some downgrading/upgrading?

E.G. Broughton may need to go if he doesnt show something soon, I would make the Kennedy to Murphy/Pendles trade if I can get away with it cheaply, and I am not 100% on Zorko as a keeper (just 95% :)).

You are only a few k short of being to able to do Ellis>Yarran & Porps>Goodes!

But with your awesome team and 7 trades left I would burn 2 trades this week and go
Broughton > Scotland
Martin> Goodes

purely because you can if you wanted to.

This is the best side I have seen on here! Strong premos across EVERY line, but most importantly excellent bench depth! Clarke, Gibson, Giles & Goodes outside your best 22 is just awesome. 3 trades for LTI's with 'that' squad is enough. Kudos to you. :thumbsu:

Thank you for your kind words James. Depth has been the target this year, hoping in the later rounds of the season It's that depth that makes the difference and makes up for not having Boyd.

Not too sure if this is a dumb trade, would appreciate some feedback. Currently have 4 trades left.

Forwards are currently:

FRANKLIN BEAMS SIDEBOTTOM
DANGERFIELD CHRISTENSEN MARTIN ZORKO
(ADAMS, SEXTON)

As Sexton is gone for the year (and pretty useless while amongst the DT living) I was thinking of going Sexton > Goodes. It saves me a donut, for only one round, a rash move I wouldn't usually make, but with Franklin gone for longer, it adds depth in the later rounds, and might save a trade later on anyway when someone else goes down. Adams is a decent F9, and rounding out the bench would be one of Martin / Christensen / Zorko.

This is my current side pre-trades:

currentteam_rnd15.jpg

I think I have to go Waters -> someone... not sure yet. Probably Suckling/Scotland.

Same boat as lots of others posted here.

Waters to Scotland/Suckling

Deciding if Scotland worth the extra cash. Would have to choose Suckling if I also want to flip Treloar to Goodes.

As typing thinking that sounds good
Waters > Suckling
Treloar > Goodes

4 trades left. no cash but decent cover imo with bolded players out and Italics bench cover when poss
Birchall, Deledio, Suckling, Carrazzo, H. Shaw, Lake, Ellis, Goddard (+Talia good JS)
Swan, Ablett, Jelwood, Boyd, Rockliff, Mitchell, Martin (+DPP McIntyre)
McEvoy, Kreuzer, Giles (+Campbell)
Beams, Sidey, Pav, Dangerfield, Goodes, Robinson, Zorko, Franklin giving 8 forwards (+DPP Crozier)

Wondering how many people would be nominating Suckling if he hadn't played Gold Coast GWS last week and scored 122?? Put a 75 in that score's place and would we be hearing so many mentions?

^ Just thinking out aloud a bit.

Wondering how many people would be nominating Suckling if he hadn't played Gold Coast last week and scored 122?? Put a 75 in that score's place and would we be hearing so many mentions?

^ Just thinking out aloud a bit.

im in this situation too!
but with deledio, scotland, goddard, birchall, shaw and carazzo as my other backs,
its pretty much between suckling and johnson to replace waters

:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im thinking...

waters > suckling

coniglio > boyd

am i crazy for upgrading coniglio while he still has cash to make?
id love to cash in james mcdonald but being 50k less than coniglio, i could only afford joel selwood at best.

i still have sam gibson and james mcdonald as cover for the year

i still have sam gibson and james mcdonald as cover for the year

He could be cooked for the year. I think the Freako newsletter this week suggested that JMac might not get many more games this year. I think moving him on should be your priority, as he could be expensive deadweight. No such concerns with Coniglio IMO.

He could be cooked for the year. I think the Freako newsletter this week suggested that JMac might not get many more games this year. I think moving him on should be your priority, as he could be expensive deadweight. No such concerns with Coniglio IMO.

i know! and id like to offload him and keep coniglio,
but i can only afford j selwood if i get rid of mcdonald, but i can buy boyd if i sell coniglio.
im only going to end up upgrading a rookie mid to a premium to fill m6

my other trade is being use to get rid of waters

My team:

Defenders - Deledio, Scotland, Waters, Birchall, Carrazzo, Ellis, Shaw (Goddard, Spurr)
Midfielders - Stanton, Thompson, Swan, Ablett, J. Selwood, Zorko (Pendlebury, Gibson)
Rucks - Griffin, Giles (Redden, Campbell)
Forwards - Sidebottom, Franklin, Beams, Chapman, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, Adams (Martin, Hall)

8 trades remaining ($202,400 in the kitty)

My obvious weaknesses are my defence and rucks, have trades up my sleeve so was thinking of doing Waters > Johnson/Suckling and Hall > Jarryd Roughhead, covers my donuts for this week. I kept Ablett, Scotland & Pendlebury when they were injured but can't do the same for Waters due to uncertainty with the injury & finals getting close (will obviously keep Buddy).

Really want to upgrade Giles as well so the following week could do Porplyzia > McIntyre & then Giles > Jacobs (who I think will have a good run home). If one of my ruckmen then get injured, can then do Redden > cheap Ruck/Forward and use Roughhead via DPP.

Any suggestions or alternatives that I may have overlooked? Obviously another premium defender would be handy as well.

My team:

Defenders - Deledio, Scotland, Waters, Birchall, Carrazzo, Ellis, Shaw (Goddard, Spurr)
Midfielders - Stanton, Thompson, Swan, Ablett, J. Selwood, Zorko (Pendlebury, Gibson)
Rucks - Griffin, Giles (Redden, Campbell)
Forwards - Sidebottom, Franklin, Beams, Chapman, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, Adams (Martin, Hall)

8 trades remaining ($202,400 in the kitty)

My obvious weaknesses are my defence and rucks, have trades up my sleeve so was thinking of doing Waters > Johnson/Suckling and Hall > Jarryd Roughhead, covers my donuts for this week. I kept Ablett, Scotland & Pendlebury when they were injured but can't do the same for Waters due to uncertainty with the injury & finals getting close (will obviously keep Buddy).

Really want to upgrade Giles as well so the following week could do Porplyzia > McIntyre & then Giles > Jacobs (who I think will have a good run home). If one of my ruckmen then get injured, can then do Redden > cheap Ruck/Forward and use Roughhead via DPP.

Any suggestions or alternatives that I may have overlooked? Obviously another premium defender would be handy as well.

Great team, especially with your trades remaining. Picked your premiums exceptionally well, much better than myself :(

Looking at your team your requirements are...

Trade Waters
Bring in a premium defender for Shaw
Bring in a premium ruck for Giles
Bring in a premium forward for Adams

As such I'd be looking at...

Round 16
OUT: Adams
IN: Robinson
OUT: Waters
IN: Suckling

Pretty simple you have all the most haves in both lines, these are both good value players who will score at a high level

Then I'd be waiting till Gibson & Shaw peaked and bringing in your final defender and Couch, hopefully leaving enough cash to upgrade Redden and finish your team.

On the point of the premiums (Post recommended changes) you'd have...

Defenders: 1 to 6 (i.e. BEST 6 defenders by average) and 120 (Shaw :()
Centre: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 & 8 (Very awesome)
Ruck: 14 & 16 (Bit lacking)
Forward: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 10 (Very awesome)

In short other than Shaw & your rucks you basically have the best team (22) available :/

just the one for me
buddy to beams.

goes against the general principals of trading but at this stage in the season when you're out of the 8 what is there to lose

Had to cover Goddard & Martin last week. Waters pulling out cost me a 0 though.

so without Franklin, Goddard, Waters & Martin out I don't want two 0's.

So I will go Waters & Sexton out for Yarran & Sylvia & 30k

Just saw that Couch is playing.

Probably won't trade this week, but have 4 trades left, and one may be used to trade Marley Williams to Couch in two weeks. The other three for LTIs for premiums. If Couch plays and looks like having decent JS, he could be some good cover, and an opportunity to make $100k to ensure my next trade is an upgrade to a super-premium.

just the one for me
buddy to beams.

goes against the general principals of trading but at this stage in the season when you're out of the 8 what is there to lose

I'm thinking about doing something similar next week or week after Buddy > Murphy and pocket 100-130k+ (I have way too many forwards 11 all up)

I have 4 trades left, but my team basically has everyone in it who is suspended/injured.

This week thinking Waters > Grimes/Suckling/Shaw/Heppell. Not a fan of Suckling's scores prior to the GWS game.
and then
Redden > Jacobs/Mummy/Griffen. This will mean Giles remains in my team but will be bench cover (I have Kreuzer)

If I choose Shaw/Heppell, then I can afford Jacobs. Heppell will also open up the McEvoy option.
If I choose Grimes/Suckling, I will only be able to afford Mummy/Griffen.
Or of course I could trade out Giles for whoever and have bench cover of Redden/Campbell

What to do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back