Preview Round 17 Richmond v Geelong Metricon Stadium 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

If the saints win against WC I would give Grimes another week off along with lambert if needed.
No point risking Grimes unless top 4 is on the line
Nah let’s smash the campaigners otherwise we get another week of the tiger culture in the press, shut the press up shut w***er wankley up, get shocking sulking again

If the saints win against WC I would give Grimes another week off along with lambert if needed.
No point risking Grimes unless top 4 is on the line
We need to be thinking top three, so we can play the QF in Qld rather than playing Port at AO.
I don’t rate Port as a flag threat, but the umps rate them highly at AO.

Port get 1.28 frees for every one of their opposition in home games, second only to #freekickpies.
They’re ratio for away games is 1.14, most have been in Qld.

Tigers sitting on 0.78 (H) and 0.93 (A) this season, worst for home games and fifth worst for away:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to win this week before we even think about top 4 - I dont want them sitting back watching the saints / WCE and changing the way they play based on that - they need to win - full stop.

Then we need to play well to beat the Crows in Adelaide to improve our position in the 4 - this is no longer going to be easy with them finding some form (seems to coincide with Sloane getting back on the park). We may also need to be playing some players underdone eg Edwards, Astbury.

We definitely don't want to finish 5th.

Grimes & Lambert confirmed as returning for this game.

Reckon that means Dow & 1 of Higgins/Broad/Markov out, which leaves a side along the lines of

B: Grimes Balta Vlastuin
HB: Baker Houli Short
C: KMac Graham Pickett
HF: Castagna Lambert Lynch
F: Martin Riewoldt Rioli
R: Soldo Cotchin Bolton
INT: Nankervis Aarts Higgins/Broad/Markov

Reckon Higgins could be the one who misses, as Broad offers an extra tall defender to help out with Hawkins & Jenkins, while Markov provides extra run and carry out of the defensive half to move the ball quickly through the Cats zone/press

this is up from the 3-10mm they were forecasting earlier. It is now officially going to be a slogfest - we need to select a team of mudders!
I can't decide - for the slog, who better as second ruck after Soldo?
Nank - was rank :) last time but works hard at the stoppages
Chol - more athletic but not as strong
CCJ - oops... :$

Feels too early for Grimes - given his history - we've seen it backfire for other teams this year and would hate to lose him for the finals. I wouldn't be surprised if he is late out.

We are usually very conservative about bringing players back. I'd guess Optimus Grimes is fine. Damn hope so.

We are usually very conservative about bringing players back. I'd guess Optimus Grimes is fine. Damn hope so.
Feels too early for Grimes - given his history - we've seen it backfire for other teams this year and would hate to lose him for the finals. I wouldn't be surprised if he is late out.
When he did it he was running along the boundary line for quite a bit as though he might come back on, so can’t have been too bad.

RE: Grimes

Im not shocked he is playing and not sure some others are shocked.

He was running at 80% the same weekend he picked up the injury, so it was obviously very very minor and may not have even been a tear, possible just soreness / awareness similar to what cotch gets.

If he had of full-blown torn it there is no way he is running at 80% a few days later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back