Trades Round 17 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Targets at the moment for me are:

- Whitfield
- Rocky
- Sicily
- Gawn (Do I bring him back in? Or keep the faith with Marshall. Can’t move Marshall upfront unless someone gets injured)

At this stage looking to upgrade Rampe and get rid of Logue.

Lol. You don't watch many Adelaide games do you?

McKay and Douglas will play. Greenwood, Gallucci out for Lynch and CEY.

"Back them in to respond"...against GC. Safe then for 4 more weeks

Aha actually laughed out loud. You guys hate testing your young guns at the top level. Saddest thing is you actually have some really good younger talent. Players getting gifted games is my biggest gripe in football. Wake up Pyke

My early thoughts...

Bewley to Dunkley. Leaves me with $370k in the bank

Then:
BSmith to Whitfield
or
Logue to ZWilliams/Sicily (BSmith moves to D7)
or
Hately to Rockliff/Oliver (Sheed moves to M9 when Cripps is back)

At this stage Daniel to Whitfield and Logue to Hanrahan (Need fwd cover after that Boak donut)

Thankfully dodged all the carnage apart from Daniel and Boak (who everyone had anyway). Rank still rising: expected a bigger finish from J Kelly and captain Taranto but ended up with 2135 and +500 odd spots to 1637.

Someone topped 2500pts and sits about 1000 rank. Love to know how much their rank improved with that.

Can't complain overall. I know what injury/suspension marred rounds feel like, and its nice not be too affected for a change.

One of the craziest things I saw this week just gone was Rowbottom for Sydney. Had about 50 percent time on ground and got 87. From memory he wasn't injured so I got no idea why such low TOG. On a not so crazy note, Jarman Impey was pretty spectacular in real life but didn't translate to an enormous fantasy score with 96. But as a defender/forward some teams with lack of cash flow might see him as a cheap but productive option

I am seriously considering trading Tim Kelly.

Geelongs record when he gets tagged or shut out, is 1 and 3 and im thinking he could get tagged in all but two of the remaining seven week.

It would mean I keep Blakely for another week at D6 and I move Billings from M8 (for Rocky) and moving him into TKs position, F4.

TKelly & Worpel to Rockliff & Hanrahan + $388k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming no issue with injuries, and can slide Crippa back into the midfield, I'll just have Logue/Rozee at D6 on field.
Hoping Rozee does well against the Lions again so will run the gauntlet with him, and something like:

Clarke or Balta downgrade (depending if a ruck is named)
Brayshaw -> Rockliff

Is O Baker and Worpel to Rockliff and Whitfield good trading?

Gets rid of my last rookie and lets me upgrade one of my 'dud' premos to an uber. Leaves me w9th 115k to try and upgrade Witherden to someone half decent next week also.

Am holding ROB for another week... No reason to sell with low BE, and holding gawn at R3.

Got just enough cash to go:
Duurs-> sic,
worp-> billings.

Wish i had gotten Billings after his bye like i planned. Damn injuries forced me to wait. Saints have a decent run Home and Billings been getting it done!

My team bar a few players is completely maxxed out at 17.6 million. Down to one playing emergency on each line (logue, hind, Chol) and the rest is basically dead money with injured or non-playing players between 170-240k. Apart from trading those emergencies down to cheaper playing emergencies, is the next step from here to basically cull players like Brad Crouch and Worpel for similarly priced PODs?

My team bar a few players is completely maxxed out at 17.6 million. Down to one playing emergency on each line (logue, hind, Chol) and the rest is basically dead money with injured or non-playing players between 170-240k. Apart from trading those emergencies down to cheaper playing emergencies, is the next step from here to basically cull players like Brad Crouch and Worpel for similarly priced PODs?
Not really understanding the trading of B Crouch. I'd say he's a keeper at this stage

Worpel is the one that I think you can justify trading

Still, if you have any rookies on field or underperforming ones off, I think thats far more important to fix than trading out someone like Worpel

I'd prefer to do something like the below which gives me a war chest for Logue > Whit next week, rather than looking short term and getting maybe a +10 by trading out Worpel for say Billings/Martin

Last edited:
Not really understanding the trading of B Crouch. I'd say he's a keeper at this stage

Worpel is the one that I think you can justify trading

Still, if you have any rookies on field or underperforming ones off, I think thats far more important to fix than trading out soneone like Worpel

I'd prefer to do something like the below which gives me a war chest for Logue > Whit next week, rather than looking short term and getting maybe a +10 by trading out Worpel for say Billings/Martin

View attachment 705457

Yeah all rookies are off the field as of this week's trades. Picked up Whit from Drew. And was just using worps and Crouch as examples due to huge ownership. Not like I'll be contending for the car so I wouldn't mind getting a few PODs. Wouldn't make sense to trade out my low ownership players for other low ownership players though. With that said, Worpel will go before Crouch

I think this week will be the week that finally breaks me. After moving up 12,000 spots since the bye to around 4,000 or so, I now have possible injuries to all of:

Cogs
J. Kelly
Boak
Lycett

IF a miracle occurs and somehow they all play, then I'll go:

Houli > Crisp
Wilkie > Stewart

Leaving me with 34K and an upgrade to Whitfield next week to complete my team...but that won't happen, because this is 2019 fantasy...designed to test the very limits of your mental well-being, lmao.

Alternatively, if it's only Kelly that's more than 1 week and Lycett is fine, then I'll go

J. Kelly > Whitfield
Wilkie > Crisp/Stewart

Last edited:
Hey guys, mostly a SCer so I got a question for you.
How important is bench cover in AF? Obviously having a playing rookie is essential to cover late outs and short term injuries (ie. Boak on the weekend, I had Cameron with the E), but is it worth keeping somebody like BSmith for D7 or Sheed for M9? Or should I just focus on getting the best possible on field 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back