VFL Round 19 - Collingwood vs Port Melbourne at Olympic Park Oval (Pies lost 59-65, BUT PLAYING FINALS!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Stats suggest Sier had a good day, 24 disposals, 5 marks, 7 tackles and a goal. Haven't seen the game yet but for those who have do the stats tell the story?
I only watched part of the game, but from what I saw I was pretty impressed. He reads the fall of the ball at stoppages well. Maybe I was watching with low expectations but I thought he was pretty good

So where does Kirby stand with the Frosty Miller Medal, did that guy kick a goal?

Lisle won the Frosty Miller with 4 goals yesterday, took him a final tally of 46.

Kirby finished second.

Not the best way to get into finals, limping over the line due to results going our way. But I'll take it :D

First team since Box Hill in 2011 to get into 8th with a minority of wins. Only two teams to do it in the 18 game season era.

That team went out first week. Not a pleasant omen...:eek:

Lisle won the Frosty Miller with 4 goals yesterday, took him a final tally of 46.

Kirby finished second.
Great stuff KK, hollow victory for Lisle knowing the number 1 played AFL seniors for the last game. Really hope Kirby can adjust and go on to make an AFL career. If not I would love him to keep playing VFL for the pies!

While Shaz is available to play, i think its best to not take the risk and rest him for the rest of the year, he is really starting to show good signs, would hate for him to do a long term injury in a vfl game.
Yep put him on ice, he's had a big year he deserves a rest.

First team since Box Hill in 2011 to get into 8th with a minority of wins. Only two teams to do it in the 18 game season era.

That team went out first week. Not a pleasant omen...:eek:
Magpies will not go down next week without a massive fight against Richmond. In fact, I reckon we'll be favourites with all our good VFL players being selected. Will the match be played at the Punt Rd Oval I wonder?

Magpies will not go down next week without a massive fight against Richmond. In fact, I reckon we'll be favourites with all our good VFL players being selected. Will the match be played at the Punt Rd Oval I wonder?

North Port Oval.

Only the top 2 teams get the right to a home final in week 1. The rest are on neutral ground...

Borthwick :)

He's a monty.

There needs to be a rule, though. At all times, he is to handpass when he has the ball (unless the shot for goal is on), because a field kick from the GusBus is as good as a field kick for the opposition...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And so, the ladder to complete the home and away season of 2017:

FinalVFLLadder.png

A very even season, to complement the one in the AFL, with the final position in the top 8 decided on the last game of the round and the year. Thankfully for us, it went the right way...

Last edited:
We get to see finals.........yeahhhhhhhhh.

I actually prefer watching VFL theses days.

Go Pies.

We get to see finals.........yeahhhhhhhhh.

I actually prefer watching VFL theses days.

Go Pies.

Hopefully you're back in time for Saturday. Trolling the Dees fans?

I'd join you, but I need my account to cover this, so...

While Shaz is available to play, i think its best to not take the risk and rest him for the rest of the year, he is really starting to show good signs, would hate for him to do a long term injury in a vfl game.

Totally agree. I doubt his game will develop much at VFL level and I think it is best to put him on ice.The others who are fighting to keep their spot on the list and the first and 2nd year players will IMO benefit from playing vfl finals.

This a thousand times over. Put the man on ice!

Apparently played out the game Saturday with a niggle so might not even get up for it. If he does I think the decision should be his. He'd feel a bond with the VFL side and if he thought he could help them then I'm sure he'd put his hand up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back