Game Day Round 2, 2024: West Coast vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Score is totally unrepresentative of balance of game.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree, but our backs have let us down badly. Mistakes being made under no pressure. Poor kicking skills costing us. Same players making the same mistakes as they have done for years now. Other than that we have been good.

Ignoring the scoreline, there is a lot to like about how we are playing.
Can see definite change from the last few seasons and so much is "almost" coming off.

Reid is so much Figjam it's awesome to watch. Brings others into the game by just waiting for the last moment to release for the best options.
Yeo looks beast mode for the first time in a long long time.

Defence is our worst line now. They're playing well enough rn all things considered but they'll sag off by 3/4
Never been the same without Shep back there, bloody underatted how damn important he was.

Exciting quarter. The lack of class and polish in tge reason we are down. Couple of real good half chances went begging and a couple shoddy calls didnt help. Need to keep this heat up.

Duggan has improved a lot from last week and so had Yeo. Harley is just a freak

Ginbey’s foot skills are a bit of a concern tbh.

You saying Phil was right all along??

Faint Fainting GIF by Sesame Street

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We in a lot of trouble. That was our ceiling. I don't think we can be better than that and we are down by 20 points.

What's going to happen if we drop off our intensity. This is going to get ugly. Just hoping we slow it down and hold them off because fast play hasn't worked.

I’m usually one of the more pessimistic/critical here but I can’t understand how more people didn’t see that quarter as the biggest sign of green shoots we’ve seen for quite a while and be a little bit more excited by it.

Some really nice quick ball movement chains in there.

Couldn’t care less what the margin is. This is one of if not the best team in the league vs the worst.

Gov has no mobility at all anymore. There have been two contests where he has turned or bent over like a 90 yr old.

Framed by the umps that quarter but still no pressure on the GWS ball carriers and very fumbly down back and with no structure going forward.

Barrass has been much better and Reid and Yeo in the centre have been bulls.

Hard to see where a loss of less than 50 is coming from though... Which is a pass mark by these Eagles standards.

I’m usually one of the more pessimistic/critical here but I can’t understand how more people didn’t see that quarter as the biggest sign of green shoots we’ve seen for quite a while and be a little bit more excited by it.

Some really nice quick ball movement chains in there.

Couldn’t care less what the margin is. This is one of if not the best team in the league vs the worst.
Yeah agree it's been a positive to see us have fast play around the ground. It's the way forward. Can we keep that up though for another three quarters. It's taxing play and looks great when it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back