Game Day Round 2, 2024: West Coast vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our new nickname should be 10 minute Eagles

We are only good for the first 10 minutes of every match.

FWOOOOOOOFF GET THIS MAN A NETFLIX SPECIAL.

My thigh is bruised I'm slapping it so much at this gold.

They kicked three, all from the most butchered, telegraphed, live ball turnover in the centre of the park.

We’re s**t, but this worst team ever stuff is gold. This is miles better football and work rate than last year, just with the brutal turnovers thrown in that you’d expect from a bottom two side.

Want to see Burgiel, Hall and Jack Williams in next week-how far away is Liam Ryan, he must be close?
Trew has also performed well in the seconds. Gotta change this up, it just ain't working.

Serious question: what even IS our on-field structure? Like, what has Simmo supposedly instructed the players to do, other than "play on quickly"?

Because I cant see any sort of plan, strategy, zone or tactical setup at all.
If you can’t handle the ball cleanly, kick accurately up to 30m and stick tackles, structure is irrelevant,

Not looking good for a side who supposedly made it a point to start addressing some of their shortcoming over the offseason.

• Still slow
  • Still cant tackle
  • Skills still poor
  • Senior players still lacking effort
  • Still cant find an avenue to goal
  • Still get burned on transition play
  • Still lack fitness

What exactly were we doing at the end of last year, Simmo?

Sad to think that "honourable losses" are still so wildly out of reach for this side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you can’t handle the ball cleanly, kick accurately up to 30m and stick tackles, structure is irrelevant,
Simmo’s so gone it’s not even worth discussing but no coach or backline can do anything against some of these turnovers.

What I do wish we’d have (which we did have for much more of that quarter) is a deep forward option just in case.

Im glad we didnt give up next years pick 1.
Note a bit of perspective with the young BF kids. Reid will be a gun - the others may be reasonable c-b grade players over time. We have seasons to build.

Also hard to see structure etc and work off the ball on TV but Darling could play WAFL based on TV only. Waterman isn't quick thinking enough to play AFL nor can he kick under pressure. But at they moment leave him. As the say in the classics its been a tough day for our forwards.

Another tough year maybe a tough week after the media let rip ....
Bulldogs next week

Same situation as last year which we sort of knew ...Giants are top team .

Need someone like Jack Williams who we can just stick at FF , take a few grabs .....J Darling might be a forward decoy pocket because he is way off the pace .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back