Round 2 Changes v Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In: Payne, Cutler
Out: Rich, Robinson

I really liked what I saw of Payne in the preseason, It's a bit left of field but I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in and giving McStay/Walker/Hipwood more forward minutes. Even if that means Walker in a traditional FF, Mcstay as a HF, and Hipwood up on a wing to get his hands on the ball and get some confidence back into his game. Ideally though I'd like to see McStay in defence, but yet again I feel we are short of a solid KPF option.

Now that the game is a few days ago, I think Bell would be pretty unlucky to get dropped. There was at least 5 or 6 players who didn't contribute as much as they should. Pretty hard to drop anyone when the reason we lost was because a number of players made poor choices when kicking it to the forwards. That's just something they need to work on at training this week (feels like that's been our problem for 5+ years)

That makes it (unintentionally) sound worse than it is. I hear "out indefinitely" and think "oh it's so bad they can't even put a timeline on it". :p

The 27-year-old will not require surgery, but he will miss Round 2 against the Melbourne Demons at the Gabba.

He will be assessed on a week by week basis.

Could be right for round 3 based on an optimistic reading of that. Ankles can come around quick.

AFL website says indefinite.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In: Payne, Cutler
Out: Rich, Robinson

I really liked what I saw of Payne in the preseason, It's a bit left of field but I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in and giving McStay/Walker/Hipwood more forward minutes. Even if that means Walker in a traditional FF, Mcstay as a HF, and Hipwood up on a wing to get his hands on the ball and get some confidence back into his game. Ideally though I'd like to see McStay in defence, but yet again I feel we are short of a solid KPF option.

See Cutler did a Buddy in the Magoos....

Athletic utility Tom Cutler bagged eight goals as a high half-forward in a landslide win in a NEAFL practice match against Wilston Grange on Saturday.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-25/around-the-state-leagues-whos-starring-for-your-club

Massive class difference between the teams. Literally leagues apart.

Absolutely... and a practice match ... Suggesting that Cuttler (who imo sits 25/26 at selection) must be well and truly in the running.

Dodongo would like to see Barrett come in this week. Dodongo would also like to see Allison as well.

Dodongo doesn't want to drop Bell. Dodongo realises Bell is a spud, but Dodongo thinks he should get one or two more games to prove himself. Dodongo thinks you can't just drop players after one poor game. Dodongo wants their confidence up and that is to back the players. Dodongo thinks if Bell is spudding it up come round 5, then time to ditch him forever.

Dodongo only wants to see forced changes this week. Dodongo doesn't want to see any players dropped because that would be wrong.

Anyone else think that Gardiner had one of the worst games of his career on Saturday? His lack of urgency was telling. Very visible even in the highlights. Unlikely to be dropped, but boy I hope he lifts his effort next week.
Put a rocket up him (and a few others) all week. That should help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't make sense to bring in Cutler for Rich considering they played different positions. Cutler was forward in the 2's so thats where he should play in the 1's.
Just because Cutler comes in for Rich doesn't mean he will play his role. The team can be reshuffled, Robertson to defence, Christensen mid, Cutler forward, for example.

Doesn't make sense to bring in Cutler for Rich considering they played different positions. Cutler was forward in the 2's so thats where he should play in the 1's.

Who said anything about bringing him in for Rich?.......There are possibly 3 changes on the cards... maybe more...Would have thought a reshuffling of positions would be well and truly on the cards...Presuming Mitch takes his one-match suspension and Walker seemed to be suffering a groin injury, judging from the Fox Footy vision...He may play
From the link above, Cutler played a high forward role....Which is usually the link or conduit role in a team’s ball movement...i.e supporting key forwards at ground level and at marking contests, supporting the midfield at stoppages both around a stoppage and inside a stoppage. Providing an option as part of the ball movement chains coming out of the defensive 50.

Last edited:
If Rich is out.....put Bailey in.
If Robbo is out (suspension) put in Matho or Keays in.
If Walker is out....put Allison in.
If you want to be adventurous put Eagles in for Gardiner. Eagles offers a mature older body and some agro. I think Gardiner is sound but lacks a bit of agro...too placid.

Really happy young Berry was recognised for a great game...must be the hairstyle!!
Go Bez..

Out: Rich (inj) Walker Bell Robinson (sus) Lester
In: Cutler Allison Payne Keayes Mathieson

B: Gardiner Payne Hodge
HB: Witho. Andrews Mayes
C: Robertson Zorko McClug
Hf: christo hipwood Rayner
F: Cameron mcstay cutler
Foll: Martin beams berry
Int: Taylor Keayes Allison matho

A faster lineup please with young talent replacing players destined to be delisted.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really happy young Berry was recognised for a great game...must be the hairstyle!!

It's called the "McEnroe"

john-mcenroe-9391860-2-402.jpg

I can't believe all the Bell hate in here.

I loved him at Carlton.

He's kicking is poor, but when given freedom he's great in the contest and can break away from packs and kick goals from outside 50.

Maybe fagan doesn't rate him enough to give him freedom, and he's struggling with his forward role.

Fagan certainly didn't look happy when he fumbled that lace out kick in the forward 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back