Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody wondered why this kid was taken off the field with blood flowing from his mouth?
No one has ever seen someone bleed from the mouth without having their jaw broken and 4 teeth knocked in?

Players leave the field bleeding all the time without it being a serious injury like this one.

I’d give Gaff 52 weeks off and Community service including umpiring juniors AFL
Traded to Carlton for a year then.
That’s community service and junior AFL sides would have better ability

Nobody wondered why this kid was taken off the field with blood flowing from his mouth?

I was too busy taking pics of the on the ball action to notice the Gaff incident on other side of ground or notice Brayshaw was missing.
Was wondering why they were picking on Gaff.
First I heard about brayshaw and Gaff was on the way home from match on public transport at about canning bridge!
Don’t think anyone sitting near me saw it either. They certainly weren’t talkin
about it for rest of game

5d4c8b03bdceb330949a79e63bf611fb.png

(I took this pic live at the game)

Who’s that with a headlock on Shuey at yesterday’s match?

What are you trying to prove?

Newsflash!

Team not happy after teenage player has his jaw broken with unprovoked punch.

Is Luke Shuey eating through a straw at the moment?

Has a single Fremantle poster in this thread said "too good", "well done on the win", "hopefully we give a better contest next time" or other words to that effect? Most comfortable wins in gameday threads have at least one poster doing this.

I can understand the anger at seeing a highly rated young player being rubbed out in such awful fashion, and feeling antagonised by perceptions of the crowd, and the general tribal nature of the derby, but I've expected more rationality and gallantry from Fremantle in the past. Virtually no congrats to the victor. The out-of-the-blue incident by one player seems to have engulfed the result. I remember congratulating the Swans on a good win when Hall hit Staker.

Take a look in the (bumped) Gameday thread, it's a lot more cordial. A few execrable posts from random Freo fans in it, but otherwise mostly respectful.
After the most dirty hit in recent times, I'd be livid if my fellow fans weren't furious.

Newsflash!

Team not happy after teenage player has his jaw broken with unprovoked punch.

Is Luke Shuey eating through a straw at the moment?

Who cares - you either oppose violence or you don’t

I feel very sorry for brayshaw and angry towards gaff - but be stuffed if I care about the perpetually offended dockers fans who for years have cheered snipers Attacking ball players off the ball

The hypocrisy is palpable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elbowing a guy behind the ear? Even combat sports don't allow that because of the chances you can kill someone
Yeah nice try. In the ball incidents don't touch dirty assholes behind the play.

Yeah nice try. In the ball incidents don't touch dirty assholes behind the play.
Concas was far worse, both him and the gws player were extremely fortunate that no serious harm came from it as it is a far more dangerous act than punching.

Has a single Fremantle poster in this thread said "too good", "well done on the win", "hopefully we give a better contest next time" or other words to that effect? Most comfortable wins in gameday threads have at least one poster doing this.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Eagles fan,

Wins game by a healthy margin as expected where the only talking point is Gaff assaulting Brayshaw and needs to be congratulated for it.

I can understand the anger at seeing a highly rated young player being rubbed out in such awful fashion, and feeling antagonised by perceptions of the crowd, and the general tribal nature of the derby, but I've expected more rationality and gallantry from Fremantle in the past. Virtually no congrats to the victor. The out-of-the-blue incident by one player seems to have engulfed the result. I remember congratulating the Swans on a good win when Hall hit Staker.
the full post the above campaigner quoted

Niggle off the ball, melees etc are pretty common. A reasonable person would expect that should they play in the AFL that is going to happen.

Getting king hit by Gaff does not fall into that category. Neither does getting elbowed in the head by Dean Solomon.

Saying there is no distinction and you are either for violence or against it is naive and a weak argument that sounds strong.
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Volenti non fit iniuria (or injuria) (Latin: "to a willing person, injury is not done") is a common law doctrine which states that if someone willingly places themselves in a position where harm might result, knowing that some degree of harm might result, they are not able to bring a claim against the other party in tort or delict. Volenti applies only to the risk which a reasonable person would consider them as having assumed by their actions; thus a boxer consents to being hit, and to the injuries that might be expected from being hit, but does not consent to (for example) his opponent striking him with an iron bar, or punching him outside the usual terms of boxing. Volenti is also known as a "voluntary assumption of risk."
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

You have expected to have congratulations sent to the victor in the past. You expected congratulations to the victor in the present. And you personally remember congratulating the Swans after the Barry Hall incident.

I guess this means we are behaving ungentlemanly and not up to your "gallant" standards.

Tell me, what part of rationality and gallantry is involved where you call me a "campaigner."

I feel very sorry for brayshaw and angry towards gaff - but be stuffed if I care about the perpetually offended dockers fans who for years have cheered snipers Attacking ball players off the ball

The hypocrisy is palpable

Garbage.

Complete and utter.

The fact you are trying to say that a hospital stay and smashed teeth is the same as a bit of rough stuff on the field can be compared really just goes to the character of you and your club. Arrogant much?

Hey maybe Basil is right hey?

That gang violence in sport is unacceptable.
Like the retribution from one of the assaulter’s (Gaff) mate’s (Shuey), long after the original victim (Brayshaw) had exited the arena.

What the Dockers mob did to both Gaff(Elbow) and then Shuey was pure thuggery.

Simpson (who I usually hold in high regard), was a duck for letting or sending Shuey back on the ground.
I’ll put it down to one of many brain snaps on the day.

With the AFL tribunal weak as puss for only giving Gaff 8 weeks and putting their codes professional players above the law and facilitating violence in sport and monetising on field violence.

Lucky that there were no more serious injuries on the day.

And finally, I apologise to Brayshaw and Dockers for applauding the bravery of Gaff after his 2 goals, as had I known that he had assaulted Brayshaw, I’d have been pretty mad for the remainder of the game.

My round ball playing son says his class watched the report on the incident in class yesterday on the ABC BTN (behind the news) show. He was not impressed by the on field violence at the match and I’ve made a point of lecturing him on the issue of sporting field retribution.

Last edited:
Back