Autopsy Round 21, 2022: Hawks dim the Sims

Remove this Banner Ad

Bowes
Ballard
Powell
Weller
Budarick
King

I’m pleased we won. We deserved to win the way we dominated the first half. Fortunately they couldn’t kick straight in the last term and we got the points for Big Boy. 👍
King hasn't played ALL ******* YEAR

How is the difference watching our midfield today as opposed early 2021?

Mitchells midfield revolution is more than underway, its a quite amazing transformation. Add Amon and another quality kid and it should continue its rapid improvement next season.

Reeves, Newcomb, Moore, Ward, McGuiness, Nash, McDonald. 7 additions from the start of last season.

Bravo Sam.
Overall I couldn't be happy with the way Sam has coached this year.

You can see him fashioning a team that is in the image of how he wants to play the game. Attacking, skilful but with a hard edge (just like the coach was in his day).

Reeves, Wingard, Worpel, Lynch, Lewis, Frost, CJ and Bramble all out for us - and that’s just the regular senior players - 3-4 fringe players all out also. Really bizarre our own posters are trying to claim the Suns had more outs.

I thought his decision-making was a bit iffy in his first block of games, but it's picked up since he's comeback into the side. Given his high IQ, his decision-making will only continue to improve.

I'll be honest , I haven't really been impressed with him until today. Nothing against him but I'd seen a lot more in other players , Connor Mac , Blanck but I saw enough today with a couple of intelligent kicks to change my mind.

Charlie BallardKneeSeason
Connor BudarickKneeSeason
Brandon EllisShoulderTest
Joel JeffreyKneeSeason
Ben KingKneeSeason
Wil PowellAnkleSeason
Bodhi UwlandBackSeason
Lachie WellerKneeSeason
Ballard is a good player.
Budarick solid
Ellis played
Jeffrey is good
King good but hasn’t played all year
Powell good
Bodhi he’s a project player
Weller good

Not even close to the same quality we had out.

They had 6 best 22 out, one hasn’t played all year.

Bramble solid
Brockman solid (talented)
Frost solid
CJ very good and (susp)
Lewis very good
Seamus project player
Morris solid idk if Best 22
Reeves good
Wingard good
Worpel solid/good

9 debatable best 22 players 👀

And the quality with Lewis, CJ, Wingard, Reeves & Worpel for example is a big difference.

I'll be honest , I haven't really been impressed with him until today. Nothing against him but I'd seen a lot more in other players , Connor Mac , Blanck but I saw enough today with a couple of intelligent kicks to change my mind.
? His last month has been great.

Ballard is a good player.
Budarick solid
Ellis played
Jeffrey is good
King good but hasn’t played all year
Powell good
Bodhi he’s a project player
Weller good

Not even close to the same quality we had out.

They had 6 best 22 out, one hasn’t played all year.

Bramble solid
Brockman solid (talented)
Frost solid
CJ very good and (susp)
Lewis very good
Seamus project player
Morris solid idk if Best 22
Reeves good
Wingard good
Worpel solid/good

9 debatable best 22 players 👀

And the quality with Lewis, CJ, Wingard, Reeves & Worpel for example is a big difference.
I agree that we had more outs but CJ, Reeves, Wingard, Lewis, Worps are probably the only guaranteed best 22 at this point in time. I honestly don’t know how we’d fit Frost in at the moment but you’d prob throw him in as well.

I agree that we had more outs but CJ, Reeves, Wingard, Lewis, Worps are probably the only guaranteed best 22 at this point in time. I honestly don’t know how we’d fit Frost in at the moment but you’d prob throw him in as well.
Worpel isn't guaranteed in the best 22.

Even if some of ours are borderline 22 the quality is still higher than some of those suns named.

Had Frost even played a game for Box Hill this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bowes
Ballard
Powell
Weller
Budarick
King

I’m pleased we won. We deserved to win the way we dominated the first half. Fortunately they couldn’t kick straight in the last term and we got the points for Big Boy. 👍
jitah
frost
reeves
worpel
Lewis
Bramble
Morris
Wingard

seems like we have more out to me

Despite an abysmal last quarter this was an important win as it gives us one more than last year which does show (at least on paper) some progress. Well done Sam!

If Lewis, Wingard etc. are fit to play they have to be selected as we need our best possible team to be competitive these last couple of weeks. We have the entire off season to get players ready for 2023. No resting…

To state the obvious, Breust & Gunston are absolute A grade class. There presence must help the younger guys. It’s a pleasure to watch them…Go Hawks!

Last edited:
Big Boys down the line marking is some of the best you will see from any ruckman, been an absolute class player in the ruck roll and in one of his last plays in a close game does exactly what his always done.

His been enormous for the young midfielders as well, you can see every player listening to what he says before the bounce, would love to make sure he stay involved in a midfield/ruck role going forward.

Hope we’re in the ear of Hollands. Kid is absolutely class, every kick I saw from him was to advantage. Would love him

The exact type we need. Would have gone at #1 if he hadn't done his knee.

Big Boys down the line marking is some of the best you will see from any ruckman, been an absolute class player in the ruck roll and in one of his last plays in a close game does exactly what his always done.

His been enormous for the young midfielders as well, you can see every player listening to what he says before the bounce, would love to make sure he stay involved in a midfield/ruck role going forward.
The future at our ruck position is looking very bright. We've seen how good Reeves is going to be, but Max Ramsden looks set to be a very good, mobile and athletic ruckman of the future. He tallied 21 Disposals and 1 Goal in Box Hill's 51-point win. There isn't a questionable spot in our team of the future at the moment outside of another key forward and general forward.

How is the difference watching our midfield today as opposed early 2021?

Mitchells midfield revolution is more than underway, its a quite amazing transformation. Add Amon and another quality kid and it should continue its rapid improvement next season.

Reeves, Newcomb, Moore, Ward, McGuiness, Nash, McDonald. 7 additions from the start of last season.

Bravo Sam.
We already have our next premiership midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back