Autopsy Round 21, 2023: St.Kilda v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

my point was more that ross had placed sharman on sicily and it worked

they do. opposition analyst.
Well it worked, but it didn't work at all the first time we played them.
The first time we played RTB was sitting there going, "who is that man taking all the intercept marks smithers".

Either our opposition analyst is rubbish, or someone needs to listen to him ( or her if its the trainee receptionist ), because we seem to need to get smashed by a side before we can play on them.

For years we have held our hopes on players showing flashes of brilliance but we need to be ruthless come this trade period. Looking at Gresh, Hill in particular but almost every player should be on the table barring a few young ones that have shown a bit.

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree on Hill, but there’s way too much Ross the Boss love for that to happen.

No idea where to post this it I was at training yesterday and heard someone saying the Blues have offered Dow two years and we offer him three he’s ours. Not sure if that’s a good thing or not.

I'd let them keep him.

Why he's better than Seb Ross or Jack Bytel

Not really. He's pretty ordinary. I'd rather roll the dice on a mid in the draft. Ross has been a top 5 player in our side for years. Fans might not rate him but all of his coaches have. I think he looks like another Zac Jones, runs fast but can't kick. He might have okay games but he looks very limited.

Not really. He's pretty ordinary. I'd rather roll the dice on a mid in the draft. Ross has been a top 5 player in our side for years. Fans might not rate him but all of his coaches have. I think he looks like another Zac Jones, runs fast but can't kick. He might have okay games but he looks very limited.

So he's iike Dunny Jones.

Maybe we'd be better off without any of Dow Ross or Bytel on our list - their experience counts for little. Draft mids with the potential to be better than all of them

Depends on how far we want to drop away. We already have a midfield that is barely adequate. Losing depth with out replacing any is going to make us uncompetitive. We likely lose Gresham and Bytel. Possibly Jones and McKenzie and Seb Ross is starting to break down. Steele has gone down every year and Billings looks like he's hard to rely on even if he does stay.

We need bulk players even if we expect the kids to move into those roles. They look a minimum 2 years off taking over and throwing them to the wolves doesn't always work out well.

Flanders, Henry, Callaghan types should be on our radar. Dow, Jonas even Tomlinson looks like a strange direction for us to head in. Thee is a midfield cliff coming upland we need to start patching the hell out of it just even to transition across. Gags was a real stuff up with structural planning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 years! We’d hope that’s not true otherwise the whole thought process and brain power of our guys would be cooked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back