Preview Round 22, 2023 : Hawks V Dogs, UTAS 1:10pm Sunday 13th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough to drop anyone after yesterday. Unless they have a niggle obviously. Would be good to get Amon in if fit and give Frenchie a full game but who goes out?

Weddle or Scrim will need to play on a tall. Send Finn to Bont.
FIFY

Holding the tall forwards will be the key. The midfield can break even, red hot 18-3 center clearance win vs the Pies.
I dont rate the dogs defence.

Amon in for Mitchell (boy needs a rest).

Finn to tag Macrae or Treloar.
You can't tag Bont in the traditional sense. The teams that have curbed his influence have had their beasts go head to head with him. Nash is the man.

I think we match up badly on the Bulldogs. Their strength is their deeeeeeep midfield and run from half back. Huge test for Newc/Worpel/Day/Nash.

Amon in for Mitchell (boy needs a rest).

Finn to tag Macrae or Treloar.
You can't tag Bont in the traditional sense. The teams that have curbed his influence have had their beasts go head to head with him. Nash is the man.

I think we match up badly on the Bulldogs. Their strength is their deeeeeeep midfield and run from half back. Huge test for Newc/Worpel/Day/Nash.
The huuuuuge test is for their midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finn to Caleb. Stop him getting outside ball from D50 to F50 . Their midfield is as good as any and have one of the best ruckman in the comp! This will be a harder test than some think. İn fact, if the doggies are serious about their season, they should win by a few goals.

The obvious matchup for Maginness to me is macrae. Playing out on a wing with limited inside minutes. If Dale gets going maybe him. Concern for us is who plays on the tall forwards. Frost has to come in for 1 of Naughton or JUH. Blanck gets lobb and Sicily the remaining. Scrimshaw plays the interceptor role this week on one of the inconsequential smaller players. Hardwick to weightman.
Ins Amon Frost
Outs Mitchell Mackenzie
I would have wanted to see Jeka or Serong instead of frost but with the ridiculous vfl fixture and box hill bye that’s not realistic. Next week vs the Dees one of them and long/stephens assuming they play well enough.

Re
The obvious matchup for Maginness to me is macrae. Playing out on a wing with limited inside minutes. If Dale gets going maybe him. Concern for us is who plays on the tall forwards. Frost has to come in for 1 of Naughton or JUH. Blanck gets lobb and Sicily the remaining. Scrimshaw plays the interceptor role this week on one of the inconsequential smaller players. Hardwick to weightman.
Ins Amon Frost
Outs Mitchell Mackenzie
I would have wanted to see Jeka or Serong instead of frost but with the ridiculous vfl fixture and box hill bye that’s not realistic. Next week vs the Dees one of them and long/stephens assuming they play well enough.
Reckon you have it spot on. We need an another tall down back against the Dogs so Frost comes straight back in. Blanck, Sicily and Scrim are collectively undersized.

Maginness will likely go to Liberatore, Nash to Bontempelli. Who plays on Ugle-Hagan remains a mystery.
There is a perception that Libba is just about impossible to tag, a bit like Tom Mitchell back in the day, because of where he gets his touches. It'll be interesting to see if we try it. Bontempelli is absolutely red hot and the best player in the competition at the moment, it will be a great challenge for Nash.

Blanck is a good match up for Naughton, Weddle is a pretty good match up for Jamarra. Lots of people suggesting Seamus goes out this week, but I think he's a good fit for Weightman.

I think we'll see one or two changes, there are bound to be some sore players after that match.

There is a perception that Libba is just about impossible to tag, a bit like Tom Mitchell back in the day, because of where he gets his touches. It'll be interesting to see if we try it. Bontempelli is absolutely red hot and the best player in the competition at the moment, it will be a great challenge for Nash.

Blanck is a good match up for Naughton, Weddle is a pretty good match up for Jamarra. Lots of people suggesting Seamus goes out this week, but I think he's a good fit for Weightman.

I think we'll see one or two changes, there are bound to be some sore players after that match.

Maginess smashed Libba last time he played. Kept him to 18 touches.

Nash went head to head and I thought did a reasonable job considering how good the Bont is. Kept him to just 20 touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back