Toast Round 22 = Collingwood 109-101 Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the replay last night and for all that is being said about Pendlebury, I thought he did a lot of good things.
Might not be the 'old' Pendles but the brain is still sharp.

Is slower but the class is still there.

JDaicos was superb.

Edit: gee the umpiring, some terrible decisions mostly against us.

When four umpires were decided I thought at the time that there weren't sufficient good umpires for 5 (reserve) at every game even though I thought one of the arguments for 4 was that some may do two games over the round. Not sure that has happened.

What ever happened to taking out the legs rule?

Pendles being slow has been known for the last 18 years.

As Bucks stated on SEN this morning, Pendles is almost always a sweeper at stoppages.

Come finals, Pendles will go to another level and make us all look stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not too difficult a task, and easy work for Pendles.

Rewatched the game and there was another similar centre bounce that went the Cats way, didn't have much effect.
From memory that was in the last quarter?
“Our one” stood out because we scored a goal from it.

COLLINGWOOD

The Pies had to overcome the early loss of skipper Darcy Moore and the injury concerns Jordan de Goey and John Noble to overrun Geelong on Friday night. After coughing a six-goal term, Collingwood found its trademark run through the corridor and tore the Cats to pieces. Their efficiency in attack (67%) ensured it was the Pies who took home the four points.

In the votes

Brody Mihocek found form with a five-goal haul and sub Jack Ginnivan provided a spark in attack after replacing Darcy Moore at quarter time. Bobby Hill found space regularly as he got out the back time and time again. And then there was the performance of Josh Daicos who, without injured brother Nick, did as he pleased to rack up a game-high 38 disposals.

Room for improvement

Collingwood’s backline had a tough time trying to curtail the influence of Jeremy Cameron, who 7.4 for the match. The Pies also lost the contested possession, clearance and inside 50 counts, while they did appear a touch slow at the coalface at times.

Grade

A

So one of the coaches only gave Josh Daicos a 1 😂😂😂😂😂

Has to be Chris Scott

Pendles being slow has been known for the last 18 years.

As Bucks stated on SEN this morning, Pendles is almost always a sweeper at stoppages.

Come finals, Pendles will go to another level and make us all look stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That frantic final against the Cats last year, the pressure was so high that everyone on both teams was fumbling - except for Pendles and Sidey. I won't be surprised if we see that again.

That frantic final against the Cats last year, the pressure was so high that everyone on both teams was fumbling - except for Pendles and Sidey. I won't be surprised if we see that again.
Similar in prelim final. When the heat comes on we will want and need their calmness and one touch play under the final’s microscope

I see the Cameron mark discussion has continued on. Just to chime in, I was sitting in the Olympic stand with a perfect view of it. Better than the TV angle. It was pretty clearly out. The TV angle makes it look closer than it was.

Even Cameron thought it was out when you see his Reaction

Genuinely stand by it. It was in. Here's a frame or so later then:

hNPBH9Z.png

It's right on top of the line for me.

Should have gone to Spec savers.

Not sure how to feel about David King noticing and talking about two of the exact things I noticed and talked about Friday night

• Pendles too slow to be in the middle
  • Defence actually looked more stable with Moore not there

King can get hyperbolic at times but he does analyse the game within an inch of its life

We really did look a little more “solid” down back once Moore wasn’t there.

Maybe Darcy just needs a straighten up like he got after the Richmond game last year to get him back on course?

Reckon Pendles maybe belongs forward? His lack of speed can’t hurt as much there but his brain and height can still be weapons there

Pendles needs to move out of centre clearances. He then moves into midfield during general play. Would like to see him start on the wing and Jaics in the guts. They can then rotate during general play.

Frampton showed that he's a need in the team. He and Murph take the deepest forward and the Moore patrols that CHB area of the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pendlebury being too slow in the midfield is a myth. He's too slow to be directly matched up on burst athletes like Dangerfield. Two completely different things.

The defence looking 'more solid' without Moore is likely due to systematic adjustment more than anything. I feel as if our zone became more man-aware than when Moore was playing, and we stuck tighter to the opposition.

Our defence looked better because our midfield pulled their finger out of their anoos. Plain and simple.

Watched the replay last night and for all that is being said about Pendlebury, I thought he did a lot of good things.
Might not be the 'old' Pendles but the brain is still sharp.

Is slower but the class is still there.

JDaicos was superb.

Edit: gee the umpiring, some terrible decisions mostly against us.

When four umpires were decided I thought at the time that there weren't sufficient good umpires for 5 (reserve) at every game even though I thought one of the arguments for 4 was that some may do two games over the round. Not sure that has happened.

What ever happened to taking out the legs rule?

I think Pendles knew how poor he was playing and decided after that first quarter enough was enough.

Genuinely stand by it. It was in. Here's a frame or so later then:

hNPBH9Z.png

It's right on top of the line for me.
Is the ball in front of the Boundary umpire ( who’s OOB)?
Yes - End of story it was definitely OB.
It would have to be inline with the Umpires hip ( and Murphy’s shoulder) to be in play.
Parallax error can’t explain your view IMO.

Last edited:
So one of the coaches only gave Josh Daicos a 1 😂😂😂😂😂

Has to be Chris Scott
Seriously, that bloke has got to be the most pig headed idiot on the planet. The kid got 38 disposals, and not just cheapies, like genuinely damaging stuff. Cut them up all over the park and 1 vote?

Piss off… I haven’t seen the votes, but I’m assuming he gave out of bounds Cameron 5?

Hey, did anyone see if the AFL released a statement about the play on out-of-bounds by Cameron?
Yes they admitted they got it wrong, but are insisting the out of bounds mark was ok 🙄

Not sure how to feel about David King noticing and talking about two of the exact things I noticed and talked about Friday night

• Pendles too slow to be in the middle
  • Defence actually looked more stable with Moore not there

King can get hyperbolic at times but he does analyse the game within an inch of its life

We really did look a little more “solid” down back once Moore wasn’t there.

Maybe Darcy just needs a straighten up like he got after the Richmond game last year to get him back on course?

Reckon Pendles maybe belongs forward? His lack of speed can’t hurt as much there but his brain and height can still be weapons there
Considering how many predictions you got wrong, suggesting you have acute insight based on 2 similar observations to King is disingenuous.

Is the ball in front of the Boundary umpire ( who’s OOB)?
Yes - End of story it was definitely OB.
It would have to be inline with the Umpires hip ( and Murphy’s shoulder) to be in play.
Nope, it just has to be above the line, which it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back