Game Day Round 22: Essendon v Port Adelaide, Sunday August 14, 4.40pm AEST - Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

i have to half disagree.
The tactic of pushing the likes of Lav, Kelly and even Zerk up exposes this side. It might work with a different midfield, but it doesnt work with this one.

Truck and co. might have the defensive game plan but it's certainly not doing much for us.
They are not supposed to push up. That is not the plan . It is a symptom of no confidence footy you see in all poor sides.
It is not the plan. For some reasons side’s playing badly lose the structure and get sucked too far up the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are not supposed to push up. That is not the plan . It is a symptom of no confidence footy you see in all poor sides.
It is not the plan. For some reasons side’s playing badly lose the structure and get sucked too far up the ground.
it feels like the plan. You see him quite regularly up forward of centre circle.
As if to press for a turnover. which i think is also why we're so crowded when we go forward and so open when sides rebound.

its hard to say if we're getting led up the ground, but if we are then Truck and the coaches have had 21 games to ram a simple message home to not leave the 50 so open.

You are such an apologist it's unbelievable. Mate I get that it's easier to not face the music in times of hurt but wavers such as your take is exactly the reason we've been so nonchalant for 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back