Preview Round 22 - Giants vs Collingwood, Spotless Stadium 23/7/2014 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the romance, but Callan & Phil are our captains, would you seriously want to dud them out of that opportunity?
I totally agree... Let's show some loyalty here... Davis and ward have been here from day dot and heater got traded cos of a bad attitude. Regardless of his good on field performances I'll take the first two thanks

GWS GIANTS

FB: Adam Kennedy, Phil Davis, James Stewart
HB: Lachie Plowman, Heath Shaw, Matt Buntine
C: Toby Greene, Adam Treloar, Rhys Palmer
HF: Dylan Shiel, Tom Boyd, Josh Kelly
FF: Will Hoskin-Elliott, Adam Tomlinson, Devon Smith
R: Shane Mumford, Tomas Bugg, Mark Whiley

Int: Josh Hunt, Tim Golds, Jono O'Rourke, Nathan Wilson

In: Josh Hunt, Tim Golds
Out: Callan Ward (calf), Jon Patton (knee)

Emergencies: Curtly Hampton, Zac Williams, Sam Frost

You'd think Frost is on standby for Davis, who hopefully does get up. Any of those emergencies would be a solid late in, good depth still despite the injury list.

Man, Pie supporters are having a meltdown about selections over on their game thread. Not happy with selection committee and predicting big loss. Not buying into the big loss bit, but looking at the team they will field, we have to be a chance of an upset. Add the weather, and this could be a low scoring game. Their forward line is looking a little thin.

Man, Pie supporters are having a meltdown about selections over on their game thread. Not happy with selection committee and predicting big loss. Not buying into the big loss bit, but looking at the team they will field, we have to be a chance of an upset. Add the weather, and this could be a low scoring game. Their forward line is looking a little thin.

Hopefully we can make them even less happy after Saturday :)

If we maintain our midfield strength esp around the clearances, we can do this.

Ward is obviously a huge out but our defence is almost unchanged and I'm reasonably confident in the forwards ...

Miss will be key

Golds to the vest

Callan Ward has borne a disproportionate load on his shoulders for far too long.

With him out, it really is time for some of our other mid-tier players to step up and show us what they're capable of.

That's the only way we're ever going to win more games - everyone playing to their full potential.

Hi everyone - I have 3 tickets to the GWS v Collingwood game.

Due to a last minute event - I can no longer go to the game

Tickets are free - in Aisle 251. First come best dressed

Do we think the media session tomorrow will be to announce more resignings? If so I think it's a great time to do so as it could push a few players that little bit harder.... Super important if a win is a possibility

Remove this Banner Ad

Back